Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Changes?
At least three fifths of our line will be fine. So it's not like the entire line will be a sieve. I swear, a lot of people just love to feel bad.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I still think we go 10-6 with a wild card birth.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I'm still at 6-10 or at best 8-8. I don't see how they deserve to be much better than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:52 PM)McC Wrote: At least three fifths of our line will be fine. So it's not like the entire line will be a sieve. I swear, a lot of people just love to feel bad.

Who are the 3, where is all this sudden confidence in Bodine coming from. We lost 2/5 of our line, and that was the good part of the line and they still played horrible. I don't think it's a stretch to see our line ranked last in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You are a non feather in the wind with no prediction?  That's an oxymoron isn't it?

Feather in the winds, change after the season starts.

My prediction probably won't change, even after preseason game #3 but to change a prediction AFTER the season starts is definitely a feather in the wind and the prediction gets easier as the games come and go.

I tend to go more with an instant gut reaction. My gut has been very good to me over the years, so i trust it. 

I think they'll win double digit games this year. I'm still waiting...been waiting 39 years...for that first 13 win season. It's just something i gotta have before i die, man. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who are the 3, where is all this sudden confidence in Bodine coming from. We lost 2/5 of our line, and that was the good part of the line and they still played horrible. I don't think it's a stretch to see our line ranked last in the NFL.

I don't like feeling this chipper about something so up in the air, but i think the play of the Oline is going to be the biggest surprise of the year. 

And since bad play wouldn't be a surprise...well, you know. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't like feeling this chipper about something so up in the air, but i think the play of the Oline is going to be the biggest surprise of the year. 

And since bad play wouldn't be a surprise...well, you know. 

Man I hope your right. If the line can play decent, there's no telling how good this team can be. I honestly think we have a SB caliber team if the line overachieves. Well both lines at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who are the 3, where is all this sudden confidence in Bodine coming from. We lost 2/5 of our line, and that was the good part of the line and they still played horrible. I don't think it's a stretch to see our line ranked last in the NFL.

But, here's the thing, even with the bad OLine last year, we still could have potentially had a winning record last year just due to our kicking situation.

It's why I can see us winning 10 games this year (however, I can see us also winning only 6 due to the OLine being worse).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
i'm staying w/ my picks

16-0
SB victory over GB
mixon gets off rook of the year...
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 03:29 PM)Steve Wrote: i'm staying w/ my picks

16-0
SB victory over GB
mixon gets off rook of the year...

Oh ya?  Well I'm going with 0-16 then! 

#1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft! 

No, j/k.  I have no idea what we will do.  anywhere between 6-10 and 11-5 for me.  Too many unknown variables to make any kind of prediction.  Namely, starting with the OL, followed by the RB's and then the defensive secondary.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm going with 11 wins, Win the Division and make it to AFCCG. Just enough to tease us for next year.
Reply/Quote
We play you guys twice this season. Once in September and in February. You guys excited?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 01:23 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We play you guys twice this season. Once in September and in February. You guys excited?

I do have you in the SB losing to the Patriots.   Cool
Reply/Quote
Some of the people saying it's too early to panic would probably also say it's too early if we start 2-6. Ninja

I'm sticking with 8-8 and the o-line (and kicking) costing us a few wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For as vanilla and a glorified practice preseason game #1 was supposed to be, many here have taken away a lot.

Has anyone 'taken away' anything from this vanilla glorified practice to tweak their season/post season predictions for this team?

I still stand at 8-8 with NE and Pitt in the AFC title game, Patriots and Packers in SB, Patriots repeat as SB champions, tying Pittsburgh with 6 titles!

(That's what the NFL prefers.)

I predicted 9 or so wins if the O-line played like crap, that is how good i think this Defense can be this year.

13 wins if the O-line plays decent. The O-line looked more than decent in the first Preseason game and run blocked very well.

No changes for me. We definately need to see some more 5 to 7 step drops though in order to really tell.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 04:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Some of the people saying it's too early to panic would probably also say it's too early if we start 2-6.  Ninja

I'm sticking with 8-8 and the o-line (and kicking) costing us a few wins.

Yep. I'm thinking between 7-9 wins.

I think people are overrating some of the young guys we have. In time they will be good, but they'll be average to above average rookies.

I'm slightly worried about Ross. He needs to get on the field in games.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I'm thinking between 7-9 wins.

I think people are overrating some of the young guys we have. In time they will be good, but they'll be average to above average rookies.

I'm slightly worried about Ross. He needs to get on the field in games.

I don't think you were watching the same Mixon i was watching last game, or Hopkins.

These two looked great, especially Hopkins who i didn't expect to be any good at all.

Ross is coming along just like they said he would, i would be worried if they were saying they were eyeing him for the opener.

Like last year with Eifert.
Reply/Quote
No changes for me. We're still winning the Super Bowl! I mean, c'mon we're undefeated..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 01:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I do have you in the SB losing to the Patriots.   Cool

I hope not lol. I hate the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No changes for me.  We're still winning the Super Bowl!  I mean, c'mon we're undefeated..

Thats the spirit! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote