Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prediction Locked In
(08-28-2017, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised lots don't see us winning lots of regular season games. Shit, last year we would of won 3 more games if the
dang Kickers just made the easy kicks. That was last year with all the injuries and Peko and Maualuga on Defense.

We are very good in the regular season and this is a much more talented roster with much more dangerous weapons
and a more dangerous pass rush. And the O-line is looking decent.

It is in the Playoffs where we fail under Marv, not the regular season.

This year, fatherhood has put the biggest strain yet on my Bengals viewing. I've really only seen 1 full game. Off of that limited sample it seems to me they've replaced Maualuga with Maualuga (Minter). Pat Sims steps in for Peko... Yay!... John Ross isn't ready to contribute a damn thing. Annnndd Burfict will miss over a quarter of season?

This year has 8-8 written all over it.

Hope I'm wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think this team got just enough better to get back to where they were.

9-7, Wildcard loss Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 08:25 PM)jason Wrote: This year, fatherhood has put the biggest strain yet on my Bengals viewing. I've really only seen 1 full game. Off of that limited sample it seems to me they've replaced Maualuga with Maualuga (Minter). Pat Sims steps in for Peko... Yay!... John Ross isn't ready to contribute a damn thing. Annnndd Burfict will miss over a quarter of season?

This year has 8-8 written all over it.

Hope I'm wrong.

Guessing you watched the Chiefs game. Minter is better than Maualuga in coverage and at stopping the run right now.

Maualuga sucked at stopping the run last year.

Billings is the future, not Sims and is extremely young and extremely strong. He will get much better as the year goes on as
he is coming back from a bad injury. Billings, Glasgow and Tapou all were great at stopping the run in college. One of these
guys will show up and be better at this than the one trick pony Peko. Billings and Glasgow have also shown the ability to rush
the passer in college too, unlike Peko ever.

John Ross isn't ready to contribute a damn thing? WTF? Dude just had his first game of contact in the NFL and done alright.

John Ross is not just speed and he will be moved all over the field and his presence alone will help open up the Offense.

Don't get your Ross hate at all Jason. He is back right when they said he would be back and looks faster than hell.

We don't know if Burfict will miss 5 games either yet.

Sounds like you haven't been paying attention. Like i said we have been good in the regular season with much worse
rosters, a worse pass rush, less weapons and guys like Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, are all in their prime.

9-7 at the worst IMHO. We suck in the Playoffs, not the regular season. One and done but a fun regular season and
hopefully Marv is gone regardless next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised lots don't see us winning lots of regular season games. Shit, last year we would of won 3 more games if the
dang Kickers just made the easy kicks. That was last year with all the injuries and Peko and Maualuga on Defense.

We are very good in the regular season and this is a much more talented roster with much more dangerous weapons

I actually feel a little more optimistic after reading this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
9-7. Depending on Ross' effectiveness, the run game, o-line and how our defense does without Burfict. I think at best, 10 wins.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 06:44 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I actually feel a little more optimistic after reading this.

Nothing wrong with feeling optimistic about the regular season Bonnie.

It is once we get into the Playoffs where us Bengal fans need to temper our expectations with Marv as the HC.

But from what we have seen the last 7 or so years we are one of the best regular season teams. Right up there with the Pats.

9 wins would be a big disappointment in my eyes this season with the O-line actually playing decent.

We will have too good of a Defense to not win a lot of games. The best front 7 and Secondary in our Division. And when Burfict
is back in week 4 we will have that gamechanger that can beat anybody. Steeler killer, but who knows if he gets suspended for
the rest of the year for a legal hit so they don't have to play him lol
Reply/Quote
Now that i know that Burfict will be out the first 3 games i am willing to lock in my prediction...

12-4 but lose once again in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised lots don't see us winning lots of regular season games. Shit, last year we would of won 3 more games if the

When healthy, this team has too much proven talent to not win double digit games. Add in, they're playing the schedule that has been very successful for them in the Marv era and there's absolutely no reason to think this won't be a very good regular season. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
9-6-1

Because...  Bengals.  Cry
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
6-10

O-Line struggles 
Reply/Quote
we win 3 games and ML gets fired. Matt Patricia or Jon Gruden take over next year

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
8-6-2
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I am locking in minimum of 10-6 and playoffs.

I will add my playoff predictions prior to the playoffs when I know the health of the team.

1. I predict a top 5 defense in yards allowed.
2. I predict a top 5 defense in points allowed.
3. I predict our OL will be better than our putrid OL was in 2016.
4. I predict our kicking game will be better in 2017.
5. I predict our running game is better by 400 yards and 5 TD's versus 2016.

I predict the so called experts will be singing the praises of our 2017 defense even though they they are giving t hem little to no credit for improvement right now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
9-7 sounds about right.
The Bengals miss the playoffs.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I hope I eat crow and we see the post season & better, but as a Bengal fan since the birth of this franchise, I've seen the same pattern too many times. This years storyline will be the worst O-line in the league, followed by a vastly underachieving D-line. A game that is won and lost in the trenches will never be more evident than this season with so many talented players in skill positions. For S****n'Gigglz, here's my game by game narrative....let's see how waaay off I am (I really hope so!).

Week 1:  Ravens win 17-12;  Bengals 0-1
Bengals make 2/3 FG's, score a TD but miss the 2pt conversion that would put them within 3 points that could give them a shot to tie the game at the end and go to OT.  Instead, Bengals fall short in a bid to score 6, as the clock hits 00:00

Week 2:  Texans win 19-6;  Bengals 0-2
Bengals offense is anemic, and the O-line woes are front and center as a rough n tumble Texans defense shreads the Bengals offense holding them to less than 200yds of total offense. Bengals 2/2 in FG's, both well over 40+yds.

Week 3:  Packers win 38-17;  Bengals 0-3
Rodgers' first win against the Bengals is finally in hand in easy fashion as the Packers roll at will in the air and on the ground. Bengal offense only manages 7pts, while the defense/ST's account for 10. Serious questions now begin to linger as to how both lines can improve to give the team some kind of fighting chance?

Week 4:  Bengals win 19-17;  Bengals 1-3
Bengals win, against the Browns, it wasn't easy. Bengals up 19-17 with Cleveland having one last shot to kick the game winning FG.....but it sails wide.....game was a hard fought defensive battle.

Week 5:  Bengals win 24-9;  Bengals 2-3
Bengals offense looks better, put 20+ on the board, people are cautiously optimistic that perhaps the ship is righting and both lines are improving.....but this was a dysfunctional Bills team without direction or identity, so a week off then the Squeeler game will show us where we are at....

Week 7:  Steelers win 34-10;  Bengals 2-4
Game was not even as close as the score indicated. Squeelers controlled all aspects of the game - 300+yds passing, 200+ on the ground.....Bengals realizing things in the trenches are bad, as they aquire just north of 200yds of total offense.

Week 8:  Colts win 19-16;  Bengals 2-5
Bengals bounce back nicely from the Pittsburgh fiasco, but lose a tie game at the closing seconds.

Week 9:  Bengals win 26-21;  Bengals 3-5
Bengals win a fun one in Jax. Good protection for Dalton, best all around game for the Bengals on the year....about time.

Week 10:  Titans win 27-10;  Bengals 3-6
Bengals continue to struggle to move the ball as Titans defense seems strikingly as productive as the Texans. Dalton has no time, the run game is stymied, Mariota has a strong outing.

Week 11:  Broncos win 19-13;  Bengals 3-7
Game is ugly. Period. Bengals have several opportunities to win courtesy of Broncos' ineptitude....but something in the thin air just affects Bengals ability to think straight.....or kick straight....2 missed FG's, a botched XP, penalty negating a TD, etc....

Week 12:  Browns win 23-20;  Bengals 3-8
This is the crisis point....Browns gain a signature win coming back from a 17 point deficit, scoring 20 unanswered points on the road, playing average but consistent offense, and solid defense. They are now sitting in front of the Bengals in the standings....a dark day in hell indeed......

Week 13:  Steelers win 26-16;  Bengals 3-9
A far cry from the previous meeting which the Squeelers dominated every aspect of the game, the Bengals make a game of it, but FG's instead of TD's with the inability to stop Pittsburgh's 3rd down conversions doom them to a second straight losing season. Both lines showing improvement

Week 14:  Bengals win 34-17;  Bengals 4-9
Where was THIS Bengals offense all season?? With nothing to play for in Chicago, Bengals put together best game of the year looking like the team many expected. Both lines looking better...is this a trend?

Week 15:  Bengals win 21-14;  Bengals 5-9
Once again, both lines looking good...late, but good. At this point Zimmer's job may be on the hot seat as the Vike's season continues to spiral, Lewis still has no extension, and Bengal fans are speculating/hoping a reunion with Zimmer coming back to coach the Bengals in 2018 is not such a far-fetched idea......doubtful, but it will be out there....

Week 16:  Bengals win 36-33;  Bengals 6-9
A wild finish against the Lions in OT, which shows the O-line working nicely, but exposing the defensive units weakness'...3 in a row, and showing improvement from a terrible first half of the season.

Week 17:  Bengals win 23-17;  Bengals 7-9
Bengals happy moment of the season - they knock the Ratbirds out of wild-card contention.....IN Baltimore no less...

There you have it:  7-9.  

Seriously though, all the above is just my idea of worst case scenario, assuming the Bengals do indeed have a serious issue with the O-line, and even a couple inevitable injuries to key players, throwing the defense on the field far longer than should be giving in to fatigue, etc...entire season hinges on the O-line hanging tough and managing their assignments. Do that, and we see a winning record and hopefully post-season success.
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
9-7...whether that will get them to the playoffs or not depends on too many other factors.
Reply/Quote
I think we're definitely going to lose the first game with Burfict and Jones both out and our D line looking weak.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 04:56 PM)Edge Wrote: I hope I eat crow and we see the post season & better, but as a Bengal fan since the birth of this franchise, I've seen the same pattern too many times. This years storyline will be the worst O-line in the league, followed by a vastly underachieving D-line. A game that is won and lost in the trenches will never be more evident than this season with so many talented players in skill positions. For S****n'Gigglz, here's my game by game narrative....let's see how waaay off I am (I really hope so!).

Week 1:  Ravens win 17-12;  Bengals 0-1
Bengals make 2/3 FG's, score a TD but miss the 2pt conversion that would put them within 3 points that could give them a shot to tie the game at the end and go to OT.  Instead, Bengals fall short in a bid to score 6, as the clock hits 00:00

Week 2:  Texans win 19-6;  Bengals 0-2
Bengals offense is anemic, and the O-line woes are front and center as a rough n tumble Texans defense shreads the Bengals offense holding them to less than 200yds of total offense. Bengals 2/2 in FG's, both well over 40+yds.

Week 3:  Packers win 38-17;  Bengals 0-3
Rodgers' first win against the Bengals is finally in hand in easy fashion as the Packers roll at will in the air and on the ground. Bengal offense only manages 7pts, while the defense/ST's account for 10. Serious questions now begin to linger as to how both lines can improve to give the team some kind of fighting chance?

Week 4:  Bengals win 19-17;  Bengals 1-3
Bengals win, against the Browns, it wasn't easy. Bengals up 19-17 with Cleveland having one last shot to kick the game winning FG.....but it sails wide.....game was a hard fought defensive battle.

Week 5:  Bengals win 24-9;  Bengals 2-3
Bengals offense looks better, put 20+ on the board, people are cautiously optimistic that perhaps the ship is righting and both lines are improving.....but this was a dysfunctional Bills team without direction or identity, so a week off then the Squeeler game will show us where we are at....

Week 7:  Steelers win 34-10;  Bengals 2-4
Game was not even as close as the score indicated. Squeelers controlled all aspects of the game - 300+yds passing, 200+ on the ground.....Bengals realizing things in the trenches are bad, as they aquire just north of 200yds of total offense.

Week 8:  Colts win 19-16;  Bengals 2-5
Bengals bounce back nicely from the Pittsburgh fiasco, but lose a tie game at the closing seconds.

Week 9:  Bengals win 26-21;  Bengals 3-5
Bengals win a fun one in Jax. Good protection for Dalton, best all around game for the Bengals on the year....about time.

Week 10:  Titans win 27-10;  Bengals 3-6
Bengals continue to struggle to move the ball as Titans defense seems strikingly as productive as the Texans. Dalton has no time, the run game is stymied, Mariota has a strong outing.

Week 11:  Broncos win 19-13;  Bengals 3-7
Game is ugly. Period. Bengals have several opportunities to win courtesy of Broncos' ineptitude....but something in the thin air just affects Bengals ability to think straight.....or kick straight....2 missed FG's, a botched XP, penalty negating a TD, etc....

Week 12:  Browns win 23-20;  Bengals 3-8
This is the crisis point....Browns gain a signature win coming back from a 17 point deficit, scoring 20 unanswered points on the road, playing average but consistent offense, and solid defense. They are now sitting in front of the Bengals in the standings....a dark day in hell indeed......

Week 13:  Steelers win 26-16;  Bengals 3-9
A far cry from the previous meeting which the Squeelers dominated every aspect of the game, the Bengals make a game of it, but FG's instead of TD's with the inability to stop Pittsburgh's 3rd down conversions doom them to a second straight losing season. Both lines showing improvement

Week 14:  Bengals win 34-17;  Bengals 4-9
Where was THIS Bengals offense all season?? With nothing to play for in Chicago, Bengals put together best game of the year looking like the team many expected. Both lines looking better...is this a trend?

Week 15:  Bengals win 21-14;  Bengals 5-9
Once again, both lines looking good...late, but good. At this point Zimmer's job may be on the hot seat as the Vike's season continues to spiral, Lewis still has no extension, and Bengal fans are speculating/hoping a reunion with Zimmer coming back to coach the Bengals in 2018 is not such a far-fetched idea......doubtful, but it will be out there....

Week 16:  Bengals win 36-33;  Bengals 6-9
A wild finish against the Lions in OT, which shows the O-line working nicely, but exposing the defensive units weakness'...3 in a row, and showing improvement from a terrible first half of the season.

Week 17:  Bengals win 23-17;  Bengals 7-9
Bengals happy moment of the season - they knock the Ratbirds out of wild-card contention.....IN Baltimore no less...

There you have it:  7-9.  

Seriously though, all the above is just my idea of worst case scenario, assuming the Bengals do indeed have a serious issue with the O-line, and even a couple inevitable injuries to key players, throwing the defense on the field far longer than should be giving in to fatigue, etc...entire season hinges on the O-line hanging tough and managing their assignments. Do that, and we see a winning record and hopefully post-season success.
I think losing the first three games with Burfict out is a definite possibility.
Reply/Quote
I started with 8-8 after the draft, but now my final prediction:

7-9. Marv is not brought back.
Reply/Quote
12-4 with us losing in the AFCCG to the Patriots.
Reply/Quote