Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictive Text When I'm Giving Rep?
When I type in ""Thank you" in my reasons for giving rep, a bunch of predictive text things come up and are highlighted in blue, so if I hit enter while they're highlighted, does it send that text, too, as a reason for the rep, or so I need to press forward and then space so it's not all used as a reason for the rep?
Reply/Quote
You got a +1 so I could figure out what the heck you were talking about . I'm still lost. Nothing new there though..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 03:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: You got a +1 so I could figure out what the heck you were talking about . I'm still lost. Nothing new there though..

Shit happens.

Try typing out the same reason for rep in someone else's rep.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to just take your word for it and continue to not get it.. There's comfort in ignorance sometimes . I feel comforted.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 03:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: You got a +1 so I could figure out what the heck you were talking about . I'm still lost. Nothing new there though..

You just got a +21 so I could see what was happening.

Nothing. 

I typed "thank you" in the box and nothing happened.
Reply/Quote
I think its just an autofill thing. Ignore it.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think its just an autofill thing. Ignore it.

I know it is but I was wondering if I just hit enter when the predictive auto-fill was highlighted if it sent that as the text too.

Doesn't sound like it does.
Reply/Quote
Believe it to be an autofill as well and it is remembering something you wrote earlier on a rep given.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe it to be an autofill as well and it is remembering something you wrote earlier on a rep given.

I know it is but I was wondering if I just hit enter when the predictive auto-fill was highlighted if it sent that as the text too.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 02:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know it is but I was wondering if I just hit enter when the predictive auto-fill was highlighted if it sent that as the text too.

If you want to use one of the autofill suggestions (which are based on recent rep comments) you can click on the one you want and it will insert it in the comment box, then send.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If you want to use one of the autofill suggestions (which are based on recent rep comments) you can click on the one you want and it will insert it in the comment box, then send.

I'm so freaking lazy that when i want to type "lol" in the rep, i just type "l" and then click on the predictive text. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm so freaking lazy that when i want to type "lol" in the rep, i just type "l" and then click on the predictive text. Mellow

I do that sometimes too. LOL
Reply/Quote
I never see this happen when I give rep. I have to type it all out. Whew.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote