Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prepare for the worst Special Teams unit in the league.
Pour a cold one for Cody Core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I’ve always liked Core, but he and Pratt both looked terrible on that punt return TD they gave up against the Giants. He’s supposed to be this awesome special teams guy, no? It was against scrubs as well. I say anyone can fill his role and it’s more regime change than anything. Good luck to him! Hopefully Bryant or Morgan can stick now!
Reply/Quote
G'bye Core. Now the real question is, who becomes the next WR we absolutely hate to see on the field and blame for getting in the way of the young 'uns? It's been Core and LaFell since 2015 or so. Hot take? John Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought he played his way on too the team this preseason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: G'bye Core.  Now the real question is, who becomes the next WR we absolutely hate to see on the field and blame for getting in the way of the young 'uns?  It's been Core and LaFell since 2015 or so.  Hot take?  John Ross.

Not sure that's much of a hot take these days, heheh.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I thought he played his way on too the team this preseason.

Too little too late....
Reply/Quote
Well it will go with the worst offensive line also. The damage from Alexander reign as o-line coach just keeps on giving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:05 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Well it will go with the worst offensive line also. The damage from Alexander reign as o-line coach just keeps on giving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idk about that. We weren’t even the worst last season despite what people here like to claim.

Our LBers could end up being the worst though...

Reply/Quote
Pretty surprising given his progress as a WR and ST's play. Oh well, he was likely gone after this year, anyways.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't ever go up for the ball very well.

Wish him the best, big, fast and physical.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pretty surprising given his progress as a WR and ST's play.  Oh well, he was likely gone after this year, anyways.

Not surprising at all considering his only improvement came this PS and it was nominal. He doesn't really have much more upside than what you've seen. His production on STs was also minimal. Easily replaceable. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I had high hopes for Core, when we drafted him. However, he's had 3 seasons, and a 4th training camp and preseason to show something special. He couldn't do it. See ya, good luck in your future ventures.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not surprising at all considering his only improvement came this PS and it was nominal. He doesn't really have much more upside than what you've seen. His production on STs was also minimal. Easily replaceable. 

I agree that he was pretty much topped out on potential.  Still, he led the team in receiving through the preseason, so there's not much more he could have done.  The other guys have more room to develop.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree that he was pretty much topped out on potential.  Still, he led the team in receiving through the preseason, so there's not much more he could have done.  The other guys have more room to develop.  

I think he showed that he belongs on an NFL roster. He was just on the wrong side of a numbers game here, with everything all the other WRs have done this PS. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: G'bye Core.  Now the real question is, who becomes the next WR we absolutely hate to see on the field and blame for getting in the way of the young 'uns?  It's been Core and LaFell since 2015 or so.  Hot take?  John Ross.

Ross will break a shoe string on his first kickoff return and be out for the next two seasons on injured reserve while the team frantically searches for a replacement shoe string. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I had high hopes for Core, when we drafted him.  However, he's had 3 seasons, and a 4th training camp and preseason to show something special.  He couldn't do it.  See ya, good luck in your future ventures.

Am I the only Bengals fan imagining Core will become the next big thing in fantasy football this season with a different team?  I almost hope he does.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Am I the only Bengals fan imagining Core will become the next big thing in fantasy football this season with a different team?  I almost hope he does.

I want you to join our FF league. Cool

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Am I the only Bengals fan imagining Core will become the next big thing in fantasy football this season with a different team?  I almost hope he does.

Every guy we let go has a chance to make us pay, in theory.  Lord knows there is a universe out there somewhere where Dan LeFevour is hoisting the Lombardi with Armon Binns.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Cody Cores 4 fans on here are besides themselves now.
Maybe they can show us the metrics on justifying
His roster spot.
Ooops. He got released
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm sure Cody Cores 4 fans on here are besides themselves now.
Maybe they can show us the metrics on justifying
His roster spot.
Ooops. He got released

Core got himself cut
No metrics will help him out
Core's 4 fans are mad

Reply/Quote