Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason 2 games from 4
If they do play, this will bad news for us and Burrow in my opinion. I understand why they are doing it, but could hurt teams in any type of transition like us, teams with new HC and maybe even Brady and TB. Of course Brady should be able to overcome it quicker than a rookie QB.

Thoughts as they redo schedule as playing weeks 2 and 3, so have to reshuffle so each team gets 1 home and 1 away game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2020, 08:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If they do play, this will bad news for us and Burrow in my opinion. I understand why they are doing it, but could hurt teams in any type of transition like us, teams with new HC and maybe even Brady and TB. Of course Brady should be able to overcome it quicker than a rookie QB.

Thoughts as they redo schedule as playing weeks 2 and 3, so have to reshuffle so each team gets 1 home and 1 away game.

Preseason is highly important for younger players. Both GB and Chicago sat their starting QBs all preseason last year. Rodgers was able to handle it, Trubisky was super rusty to start the season and arguably had his entire season derailed.

I’m more concerned about the LB battle. They need as many snaps as possible to evaluate that group, this will only make it more challenging.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2020, 09:06 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Preseason is highly important for younger players. Both GB and Chicago sat their starting QBs all preseason last year. Rodgers was able to handle it, Trubisky was super rusty to start the season and arguably had his entire season derailed.

I’m more concerned about the LB battle. They need as many snaps as possible to evaluate that group, this will only make it more challenging.

Yes, preseason is important, but not SO important that teams can't figure out who can play and who can't in just two games.  If Joe is the "Superbrain" that he's being made out to be, he will be fine.  As for the LBs?  Defenders typically play more on instincts, and typically have the advantage over the offensive players early on, anyway.  I don't see much of a problem with the NFL going back to a two game preseason.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I ain't even gonna say it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow would likely play a series in Week 1 of preseason, a quarter in Week 2, a half in Week 3, and none in Week 4.

In a shortened preseason Burrow plays a quarter in Week 1 and a half in Week 2. So maybe he misses out on a series?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 12:30 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Burrow would likely play a series in Week 1 of preseason, a quarter in Week 2, a half in Week 3, and none in Week 4.

In a shortened preseason Burrow plays a quarter in Week 1 and a half in Week 2. So maybe he misses out on a series?

This just let your starters play more in the two games. The only players it will really effect is 3rd stringers and UDFA trying to make the team.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 07:31 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: This just let your starters play more in the two games. The only players it will really effect is 3rd stringers and UDFA trying to make the team.

Evaluating those 3rd stringers and UDFAs takes time and game situations are valuable learning experiences. Marvin used to be very adamant about the necessity for those snaps and I’ll take his word on that over our opinions.

Also, I personally enjoy watching scrub ball. That’s where guys like Margus Hunt and Dolegalalalala make a name for themselves lol
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 09:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Evaluating those 3rd stringers and UDFAs takes time and game situations are valuable learning experiences. Marvin used to be very adamant about the necessity for those snaps and I’ll take his word on that over our opinions.

Also, I personally enjoy watching scrub ball. That’s where guys like Margus Hunt and Dolegalalalala make a name for themselves lol

So you are willing to hamper your starters getting ready for the season to watch scrubs play? lol

In Marvins time here he never had preseason games cut to two games so what he did then does not mean anything.
Reply/Quote
Don't be surprise if there are NO pre-season games.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 09:10 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: So you are willing to hamper your starters getting ready for the season to watch scrubs play? lol

In Marvins time here he never had preseason games cut to two games so what he did then does not mean anything.

Obviously, some people don't understand sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 12:30 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Burrow would likely play a series in Week 1 of preseason, a quarter in Week 2, a half in Week 3, and none in Week 4.

I may be wrong, but I think AD played at least a quarter in every preseason game as a rookie.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 09:24 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Don't be surprise if there are NO pre-season games.

I would add don't be surprised if there is no regular season either. This virus is coming back and I hope it doesn't stop sports again.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Two fewer chances for Burrow to get injured in a meaningless game.

I understand that some preseason games are necessary, but I don't like them.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two fewer chances for Burrow to get injured in a meaningless game.

I understand that some preseason games are necessary, but I don't like them.

I don't like them either Fred for vets. Burrow is a smart guy and technology and methods in the classroom get better daily. He will have the same amount of time it appears with receivers if the report as scheduled, just 2 less games so maybe not big deal at all.

Of course, our dumb luck is we have key players get hurt at practice in preseason like AJ, let's hope for better luck if we play in 2020.

Reply/Quote
Seems to work just fine without any preseason games in college.
Reply/Quote
We don't play a preseason game in Detroit this year do we?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't play a preseason game in Detroit this year do we?

I don't think so. But what does that have to do with anything?

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 02:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think so. But what does that have to do with anything?

Nothing....Just ask Ki-jana Carter. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 09:10 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: So you are willing to hamper your starters getting ready for the season to watch scrubs play? lol

No I’d rather just have 4 games lol that’s my point.

If there are only two you are going to let your starters play. Losing the two games hurts the scrubs was what I was getting at.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 02:30 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Nothing....Just ask Ki-jana Carter. Ninja

I'm lost.

Reply/Quote