Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Big Stage Game???
(08-28-2016, 04:55 PM)jason Wrote: A flat performance by the starters isn't really laying an egg though. Not tonight anyway. They don't even game plan for these games. The TB game is a perfect example. That game meant something to the Bucs and their fans. They hadn't won there in so long. It was a preseason game for us. This board almost exploded after that game. They went on to start the season 8-0... TB sucked. There's no denying the Bengals have been weak in primetime, but tonight is not one of those games. I won't being excited if they destroy Jax. either .

I wanna see Dre neutralize Allen Robinson tonight. I want to see Hill look decisive and explosive tonight. I wanna see Boyd make a play or two again. I'd like to see Bodine play like an NFL center. Those are things that will boost my confidence this year. The scoreboard doesnt matter.

You're missing the whole point.  The point is, going back to the beginning, this team has always struggled in big stage games!  History speaks for itself.  Yes, they went 8-0 but they had 4 big stage games last year, and lost 3 of 4.  

They lose 75% of the big stage games they play. Period!  Why?  No clue!!

The point (importance) behind all of this is that for a team to win a championship, they have to be able to win big stage games.

In franchise history this team is 5-14 in playoff (big stage) games. All 5 wins have been at home. Typically during the season, they win one and lose the rest.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:12 AM)treee Wrote: I'm honestly not sure to expect from Lafell. I didn't watch him much on the Patriots, but word on the street was that he dropped some easy passes. I can't imagine that his injury will help with that at all.

If he does drop passes, he will be gone...too much competition to allow that.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:12 AM)treee Wrote: I'm honestly not sure to expect from Lafell. I didn't watch him much on the Patriots, but word on the street was that he dropped some easy passes. I can't imagine that his injury will help with that at all.

Not saying this will be the case, but sometimes injuries like this can bring the best out of players. It's almost like because there is an injury, because there is pain, the player actually concentrates more on what they are doing.

Of course you'd like to see him healthy and performing, but this injury doesn't necessarily have to lower his level of play, it could actually raise it.

Reply/Quote
Good news is .... the Ones did not lay an egg! ThumbsUp

Bad news is ..... more injuries! Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:29 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing screams big stage game like a meaningless game that doesn't count.

I seem to remember a lot of people losing their heads when they came out flat a year ago against Tampa Bay on a primetime preseason game.  

Not saying you did in particular, but heads were lost.  Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote