Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Evaluation
I will get to see the Bears and Bills preseason games and one of the things I will be looking at is depth.

Is this team deep enough to sustain injuries?

Injuries will happen, hopefully nothing on the level of 2005, 2013 or 2015, but they will still occur.

Any chance at all for this team will be in how deep the talent runs.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:10 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I will get to see the Bears and Bills preseason games and one of the things I will be looking at is depth.

Is this team deep enough to sustain injuries?

Injuries will happen, hopefully nothing on the level of 2005, 2013 or 2015, but they will still occur.

Any chance at all for this team will be in how deep the talent runs.

This will be what i am watching for, depth will be where we will know if we are going far this year.

Injuries happen every year, some more then others, hope it is minimal this year. When they happen though, have
to have other guys step up. About the only position group i am worried about this year is probably Linebacker right
now but i do really like guys like Worley and especially Jefferson in case.

The entire O-line, even Og has been playing much better under Pollack which is extremely refreshing.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This will be what i am watching for, depth will be where we will know if we are going far this year.

Injuries happen every year, some more then others, hope it is minimal this year. When they happen though, have
to have other guys step up. About the only position group i am worried about this year is probably Linebacker right
now but i do really like guys like Worley and especially Jefferson in case.

The entire O-line, even Og has been playing much better under Pollack which is extremely refreshing.

Question:  Before I commit to my free game on the trial version of Game Pass, typically the 3rd game is where the first squads play the most, but as far as the subs, would it better to watch game 1 OR game 4?

I'm thinking maybe game 4 is what I should choose because isn't that the game where the starters play minimal if any and the subs are fighting for spots?
Reply/Quote
Just about any team can be utterly decimated by enough injuries. Even the backups backups can go down . Hopefully the injury bug stays very limited this year and everyone remains healthy and ready and rearing to go.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Question:  Before I commit to my free game on the trial version of Game Pass, typically the 3rd game is where the first squads play the most, but as far as the subs, would it better to watch game 1 OR game 4?

I'm thinking maybe game 4 is what I should choose because isn't that the game where the starters play minimal if any and the subs are fighting for spots?

I’d go game one. Game 4 is a snore fest (ok maybe all preseason games are but I’d say game 4 is especially boring). Game 1 is the first taste we get and there is a lot more up in the air at that point. Usually by game 4 we already know who’s going to make it and who won’t so even though the effort may be high I don’t think it usually matters much at that point except for a few cases here and there
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Question:  Before I commit to my free game on the trial version of Game Pass, typically the 3rd game is where the first squads play the most, but as far as the subs, would it better to watch game 1 OR game 4?

Game 4 we pretty much won't see any of the starters. Atleast they play a series or two the first two PS games.

I would go with game 1 or 2 over 4, just me.

Just happy the 3rd game against the Bills is on FOX and i can watch it on the big screen at home. Cool
Reply/Quote