Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Game 1 Promotions & Demotions
Instead of having a ton of threads for each player... I figure we can play a kinda game.

After each preseason game we can post the Depth Chart...  And then You can Say what players need a promotion or demotion based on their play in that game.

Promotion doesn't have to mean straight to the 53 man roster.  It could simply mean more playing time in the next preseason game.  IE I want to see this guy play with the 2s instead of the 4s etc.

Demotions don't equal cuts  it just means they got outplayed that preseason games.

This might help from  people getting over emotional from 1 preseason game with 3 more to go. as I'm sure there are already threads to cut player X and player Y has to make the 53 lol...

Heres the Depth Chart

QB
1. Dalton   /  2. McCarron  /  3. Wenning   / 4.  Licata
LT
1. Whitworth*  /  2.  Fisher    /  3. Weidenaar
LG
1. Boling   /  2.  Hopkins    /  3.  Remond
C
1.  Bodine   /   2.  Johnson   /   3.  Cooper
RG
1.  Zeitler    /    2.   Westerman    /  3.  Thurman
RT
1.  Ogbuehi   /   2.   Winston    /   3.  Epps
RB
1. Hill   /   2. Bernard   /  3.  Peerman   / 
4.   Burkhead   /  5. B. Hill   /   6. Carson
TE1
1. Eifert *  /  2.  Kroft*  /   3.  Uzomah   / 4.  Matt Lengel   /5.  John Peters.
TE/FB
1.  Hewitt   /  2. Luc   /   3.  Bonnet
WR1
1. AJ Green  /  2.  Boyd   /  3 Wright   / 4. Kumerow
5.  Bennett  /  6.  Erickson  /  7.  Simonise
WR2
1.  Lafell  /  2.  Tate   /   3.  Alford   /  4.  Core
5. Russell  /   6.  Grant

**Defense **
LDE
1.  Dunlap  /  2.  Hunt  /  3.  Brown
RDE
1.  Johnson  /  2.  Clarke  /  3.  Gangwish
DT
1.  Atkins   /  2.  Thompson*  / 3. Hardison  /  4.  Williams
NT
1. Peko   / 2.  Sims   /  3.  Billings  /  4.  Dean

SLB
1. Dansby*  /  2.  Dawson  /  3. DiManche
MLB
1.  Maualuga  /  2.  Roach /  3. Harris
WLB
1. Burfict*  /  2.  V Rey  /  3. Vigil  /  4.  Flowers

LCB
1.  Kirkpatrick   /  2.  Jackson *  /  3.  Lewis-Harris  /  4.  Josh Shaw
RCB
1. A Jones    /  2.  Darqueze Dennard*  /  3.  Brown  /  4.  Hillary  / 5.  Tindal
SS
1.  Shawn Williams /  2. Raven  /  3.  Wilson
FS
1.  Iloka  /  2.  Smith  /  3. Fejedelem

**Special Teams**

P   Huber  **
KO
1.  Nugent   / 2.  Hocker
LS  Harris **
H   Huber **
PK 
1. Nugent  2.  Hocker
PR
1.  Jones   /  2.  Tate   /  3.  Alford  /  4.  Alex Erickson  /  5.  Boyd
PK
1.  Tate  /  2.  Jones  /  3. Alford  /  4.  Alex Erickson

just  based on game 1.

My First Promotion and Demotion would be Licata and Wenning switching places on the QB DC
Next Alex Erickson   Gets Promoted on Special teams. both KR/PR  (Alford gets demoted on both)

At SS  Id Promote Wilson over Raven
@ LCB  id promote Shaw over Lewis Harris
WLB  Vigil  over V Rey

LDE id demote Hunt   But he still has time to prove himself.

WR2.  Core over Alford
WR1.  Prmote Erickson and Simose up another level.

just what I want to see more of for Preseason game 2...

Some people didn't play I tried to indicate these with 1 * by their name,
Reply/Quote
Can we just preemptively cut C. Brown at CB?  We made him look terrible in the past when he played for another team, and he looks equally bad again  LOL

Agree on demoting Hunt, move up Brown at DE. 

I would like to see a little more of James Wright at WR, but I'll have to trust what the coaches have seen at camp so far, because I also don't want to have to expose him to more chances to get hurt before the season starts. 

Definitely want to see more of Shaw, whether its at safety or CB, doesn't matter to me in the least.

Would like to see more Westerman on the Oline too ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 10:46 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: Can we just preemptively cut C. Brown at CB?  We made him look terrible in the past when he played for another team, and he looks equally bad again  LOL

Agree on demoting Hunt, move up Brown at DE. 

I would like to see a little more of James Wright at WR, but I'll have to trust what the coaches have seen at camp so far, because I also don't want to have to expose him to more chances to get hurt before the season starts. 

Definitely want to see more of Shaw, whether its at safety or CB, doesn't matter to me in the least.

Would like to see more Westerman on the Oline too ThumbsUp

I think its safe to say if our other CBs are healthy Brown doesn't hang around too long.  But  right now hes at least got playing experience and would be depth if he made the team.  

he will have time in the next game with Dennard still out.

some of these positions are just logged jammed to the point even a good showing doesn't get you moved up.
Reply/Quote
I would say demote Hunt all the way to an Estonian unemployment line and either bring in another pass rusher or a tackling dummy. Either of which would have a greater positive impact on the future of the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 11:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would say demote Hunt all the way to an Estonian unemployment line and either bring in another pass rusher or a tackling dummy.  Either of which would have a greater positive impact on the future of the team.

After watching him last game i thought he should be throwing discus in Rio.

Promote Cody Core to Lafell's spot if he cannot play next game cause of the hand. Core looks good out there.

Tate is solid but i would seriously consider having Erickson and Alford Return for the rest of the Preseason.

Gotta see what we have here and it was very encouraging. Alford might be out the next game though.
Reply/Quote
Promote Vigil to Weakside LB

Demote Hunt and start Clark with the ones to see what he can do.  He was getting some pressure when he played

Shaw should be playing CB exclusively.   Our depth there is not that great and we have decent options at safety.   The only reason I keep Brown at this point is so that we don't physically wear out our corners.

I thought Tate did a great job with the ones (as much as I hate to admit it).  If he is like that again in Detroit I'd work at getting Boyd more snaps.

I'd like to see Tra get a lot more snaps.   I thought Bronson Hill was weak. go with Carson more and expand his role.

Didn't see Burkhead once (is he hurt?).   I'd like to see him get some sustained snaps RUNNING the ball.   We all know he can catch.

Promote Licata over Wenning and give him a lot of snaps.  He was night and day better than Keith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: Promote Vigil to Weakside LB

Demote Hunt and start Clark with the ones to see what he can do.  He was getting some pressure when he played

Shaw should be playing CB exclusively.   Our depth there is not that great and we have decent options at safety.   The only reason I keep Brown at this point is so that we don't physically wear out our corners.

I thought Tate did a great job with the ones (as much as I hate to admit it).  If he is like that again in Detroit I'd work at getting Boyd more snaps.

I'd like to see Tra get a lot more snaps.   I thought Bronson Hill was weak. go with Carson more and expand his role.

Didn't see Burkhead once (is he hurt?).   I'd like to see him get some sustained snaps RUNNING the ball.   We all know he can catch.

Promote Licata over Wenning and give him a lot of snaps.  He was night and day better than Keith.

This.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: Promote Vigil to Weakside LB

i kinda liked both Carson and B Hill...   hill had a nice block when Wenning had to scamble.  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i kinda liked both Carson and B Hill...   hill had a nice block when Wenning had to scamble.  

One nice block but i thought Bronson was way worse than Carson running the ball.

Always liked Tra Carson, dude was great in college. Much faster than Bronson Hill and Carson is tough too.
Reply/Quote
Core, Core, Core   dude is movin on up (the depth chart)  can't wait till Thursday night  he should have fun with the Lions' secondary ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One nice block but i thought Bronson was way worse than Carson running the ball.

Always liked Tra Carson, dude was great in college. Much faster than Bronson Hill and Carson is tough too.

Unless Carson can play STs at a pro-bowl level, he won't jump ahead of Peerman, who is also still a decent enough RB. He could jump ahead of Burkhead, but Burkhead has a bit more versatility. Most likely Carson will be a PS guy. It would be nice to have a backup for Gio (Burkhead) and a backup for J. Hill (Carson). Peerman is sort of a "tweener" I suppose. I just know we're not keeping 5 RBs on the 53. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 12:45 PM)Shady Wrote: Unless Carson can play STs at a pro-bowl level, he won't jump ahead of Peerman, who is also still a decent enough RB. He could jump ahead of Burkhead, but Burkhead has a bit more versatility. Most likely Carson will be a PS guy. It would be nice to have a backup for Gio (Burkhead) and a backup for J. Hill (Carson). Peerman is sort of a "tweener" I suppose. I just know we're not keeping 5 RBs on the 53. 

Yeah I don't see either jumping peerman.    And with burkhead being able to play WR and our WRs getting hurt left and right I don't think we see him go anywhere unless hes hurt.

Core Hand
Alford  Foot
Lafell Hand
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One nice block but i thought Bronson was way worse than Carson running the ball.

I'm with you on this.  I like good blocking, but Tra was really moving nice and playing fast out there.  If he can block he will be a really nice acquisition.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 12:45 PM)Shady Wrote: Unless Carson can play STs at a pro-bowl level, he won't jump ahead of Peerman, who is also still a decent enough RB. He could jump ahead of Burkhead, but Burkhead has a bit more versatility. Most likely Carson will be a PS guy. It would be nice to have a backup for Gio (Burkhead) and a backup for J. Hill (Carson). Peerman is sort of a "tweener" I suppose. I just know we're not keeping 5 RBs on the 53. 

I wasn't expecting Carson to make the 53.

I just want him on the PS over Bronson Hill.

(08-16-2016, 03:01 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm with you on this.  I like good blocking, but Tra was really moving nice and playing fast out there.  If he can block he will be a really nice acquisition.

Agreed, need to have a good RB on the PS especially after losing Wilder and Watson last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wasn't expecting Carson to make the 53.

I just want him on the PS over Bronson Hill.

Agreed, need to have a good RB on the PS especially after losing Wilder and Watson last year.

believe I caught some of Wilder jr up in buffalo
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think its safe to say if our other CBs are healthy Brown doesn't hang around too long.  But  right now hes at least got playing experience and would be depth if he made the team.  

he will have time in the next game with Dennard still out.

some of these positions are just logged jammed to the point even a good showing doesn't get you moved up.

Significant experience at getting thoroughly embarrassed isn't better than someone who hasn't been given a chance yet.

I would rather have depth that might surprise you than depth that you know will disappoint you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Thought Carson looked good as well.

Just not much movement room for him without an injury.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: believe I caught some of Wilder jr up in buffalo

How did he look?

Wish he was still on our PS.

(08-16-2016, 06:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Significant experience at getting thoroughly embarrassed isn't better than someone who hasn't been given a chance yet.

I would rather have depth that might surprise you than depth that you know will disappoint you.

Have to agree with this, that experience is not needed lol
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 09:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How did he look?

Wish he was still on our PS.

Have to agree with this, that experience is not needed lol

Wilder was looking pretty good they were saying he had a decent shot to make the squad.
Reply/Quote
Promote Ryan Brown over Hunt.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote