Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Game #2
My wish, other than no injuries (for some reason, I feel like I have to say that), is that the Bengal's first team offense come out with three WRs and chuck the ball all over the field. The first drive, I want no rushing attempts at all. I want to see if they can pass protect and spread defenses out with their weapons. It would also be a good test of Mixon to see if he can help pick up the blitz, and/or slide out as a check down.

The second drive, do the complete opposite. Line up with two TEs, a full back, and pound the ball. Every play a rush. This is our running formation, try to stop it. Rotate Mixon and Hill...as I doubt Gio is going to be playing yet. Maybe mix in a reverse to someone like Josh Malone. But run the hell out of the ball.

If the Bengals can do that with success against the #1s from KC, it would be a huge success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My wish, other than no injuries (for some reason, I feel like I have to say that), is that the Bengal's first team offense come out with three WRs and chuck the ball all over the field.  The first drive, I want no rushing attempts at all.  I want to see if they can pass protect and spread defenses out with their weapons.  It would also be a good test of Mixon to see if he can help pick up the blitz, and/or slide out as a check down.

The second drive, do the complete opposite.  Line up with two TEs, a full back, and pound the ball.  Every play a rush.  This is our running formation, try to stop it.  Rotate Mixon and Hill...as I doubt Gio is going to be playing yet.  Maybe mix in a reverse to someone like Josh Malone.  But run the hell out of the ball.

If the Bengals can do that with success against the #1s from KC, it would be a huge success.

Don't see any of that happening (besides no injuries).

First drive- quick outs/slants, runs up the middle. Maybe one bomb while Andy is on the run
Second drive - Similar to the first. No reverses. 

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My wish, other than no injuries (for some reason, I feel like I have to say that), is that the Bengal's first team offense come out with three WRs and chuck the ball all over the field.  The first drive, I want no rushing attempts at all.  I want to see if they can pass protect and spread defenses out with their weapons.  It would also be a good test of Mixon to see if he can help pick up the blitz, and/or slide out as a check down.

The second drive, do the complete opposite.  Line up with two TEs, a full back, and pound the ball.  Every play a rush.  This is our running formation, try to stop it.  Rotate Mixon and Hill...as I doubt Gio is going to be playing yet.  Maybe mix in a reverse to someone like Josh Malone.  But run the hell out of the ball.

That is interesting you say you wish for no injuries in one sentence and then say you want our OL and rookie tested with our franchise QB under center. I understand you and all of us want to see if our OL can hold up with 5 and 7 step drops, but if they can't we may playing our number 2 QB in the season opener.

I want to see us run a successful offense, mixing the run and the pass. I was our defense to dominate the KC offense like they did our offense in practice twice this week. I want to see guys like Chris Smith and Jordan Evans on the field with the mostly 1st string defense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 08:55 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Don't see any of that happening (besides no injuries).

First drive- quick outs/slants, runs up the middle. Maybe one bomb while Andy is on the run
Second drive - Similar to the first. No reverses. 

Well, the point was that this was my wish....not a prediction thread.  Yawn
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 08:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is interesting you say you wish for no injuries in one sentence and then say you want our OL and rookie tested with our franchise QB under center. I understand you and all of us want to see if our OL can hold up with 5 and 7 step drops, but if they can't we may playing our number 2 QB in the season opener.

I want to see us run a successful offense, mixing the run and the pass. I was our defense to dominate the KC offense like they did our offense in practice twice this week. I want to see guys like Chris Smith and Jordan Evans on the field with the mostly 1st string defense.

So, would you rather go in to the Baltimore game untested and unprepared?  You think that simulating that in practice is sufficient?  That didn't go so well for Ced when he faced a speed demon like Noah Spence.  He needs to see it in a game situation.  

The defense lined up in base for most of the Tampa game, instead of their "real" base, which is nickel.  I would love to see the defense dial up the pressure a bit with the first team defense out there as well.  I hope Billings plays with the #1s instead of Pat Sims.  Ditto Willis over MJ.  And, as you said, I would like to see Burfict only play a few series and then see a lot of Evans.  Dude was balling week 1.
Reply/Quote
I'm not so worried about the gameplan vs the Cheifs, as you have the balance of unveiling vs building a rhythem. If they can do a little of this then great. I'm more excited about Cincy in season being able to run the ball well out of a 1 back set with Mixon's abilities as you're spelling out. Some of that is going to be Mixon getting up to Marvin's speed as a blocker, and also the depth (Kroft specifically) using their blocking abilities to help offset the RB being released into a rout.

There was a time when losing Green or even Eifert for a handful of games would cripple the offense. Now, there are so many threats + combined with Andy's quick decision making = less pressure on the OL. I'm as unhappy with the current product of the OL as anyone else, and it's backwards to build how Cincy is but I'm glad they have those strengths at least.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, the point was that this was my wish....not a prediction thread.  Yawn

[Image: spice-girl-meme.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not really sure who KC has on their D-line anymore? I'd like to see adjustments made on our O-line and keep Andy clean. I was happy with the run blocking last week and hope they don't completely do a 180 this week. On defense, lets tighten up that coverage underneath.
Reply/Quote
Health

See offensive line improvement

See defensive line start to separate themselves

Better coverage in the middle. The doughnut defense isn't working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I want to see the O-line keep improving against another good front in KC, particularly Ogbuehi.

Balanced plan is always what i like to see, i love good balance and hope to see some more good run blocking like last game.

Want to see our Defense dominate KC's Offense and shore up the middle of the field and get more rush with Willis/Chris Smith
and Billings starting instead of MJ and Sims. This needs to happen. Those two guys were terrible and our young guys were good.

Play them against the 1's of KC.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I want to see the O-line keep improving against another good front in KC, particularly Ogbuehi.

Balanced plan is always what i like to see, i love good balance and hope to see some more good run blocking like last game.

Want to see our Defense dominate KC's Offense and shore up the middle of the field and get more rush with Willis/Chris Smith
and Billings starting instead of MJ and Sims. This needs to happen. Those two guys were terrible and our young guys were good.

Play them against the 1's of KC.

This 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Some 5 step drops.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would have liked to see Ryan Taylor get some revenge on Burfict and bag tag him back on national TV...but I think KC cut him lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:   I hope Billings plays with the #1s instead of Pat Sims.  Ditto Willis over MJ.  And, as you said, I would like to see Burfict only play a few series and then see a lot of Evans.  

This
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, would you rather go in to the Baltimore game untested and unprepared?  You think that simulating that in practice is sufficient?  That didn't go so well for Ced when he faced a speed demon like Noah Spence.  He needs to see it in a game situation.  

The defense lined up in base for most of the Tampa game, instead of their "real" base, which is nickel.  I would love to see the defense dial up the pressure a bit with the first team defense out there as well.  I hope Billings plays with the #1s instead of Pat Sims.  Ditto Willis over MJ.  And, as you said, I would like to see Burfict only play a few series and then see a lot of Evans.  Dude was balling week 1.

Where did I say any of that? You said pass every play, I said mix run and pass and did not stipulate percent being 5 and seven step drops. My point was throwing every down any game is dangerous and more suspect if the OL has not proven it can block 1 deeper drop yet. I want a mixture of run and pass and you want passing every down, that was my concern.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I want to see some of the guys that flashed in the first preseason game play against the 1st stringers to see if they can produce. Lot more reps for the young OT and see new guys at guard and center against the 1st stringers. Let the young corners start again more reps and get more of a sample to judge them by. Want to see McCarron tear it up to fire up the trade rumors again.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see that the Bengals are going to run passing plays that take longer than 1-1.5 seconds to develop.

It is going to be a long year with a lot of Pick-6s if Week 1's pre-determined 1 second quick throws are going to be the year-long offensive strategy to get around an atrocious OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 02:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Where did I say any of that? You said pass every play, I said mix run and pass and did not stipulate percent being 5 and seven step drops. My point was throwing every down any game is dangerous and more suspect if the OL has not proven it can block 1 deeper drop yet. I want a mixture of run and pass and you want passing every down, that was my concern.

My idea is that I want to see this offense pass successfully when they have to pass and vice versa with the rushing attack.  That would build confidence and that goes a long way, especially with struggling LTs....Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 03:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd like to see that the Bengals are going to run passing plays that take longer than 1-1.5 seconds to develop.

It is going to be a long year with a lot of Pick-6s if Week 1's pre-determined 1 second quick throws are going to be the year-long offensive strategy to get around an atrocious OL.

Agreed.  That red zone INT was due in part to the fact that they didn't really have to worry about being burned over the top, but also because they were in tune to the fact that everything was quick dump offs.

The way the Pats do it may be largely 5 yard passes, but they at least hold the ball and look for the downfield opportunity before checking it down.   That takes the secondary down the field and gives a receiver like Edelman or their RB some room to maneuver.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, the point was that this was my wish....not a prediction thread.  Yawn

Lol. It would be nice to see through. 

Reply/Quote