Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Game 3 We See What Bengals Have
(08-23-2018, 12:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Looks like Bodine isn't getting the start. Some guy named Ryan Groy instead.

I'm not sure if I should laugh at how bad the Bills FO is for signing him to compete for a starting spot, or praise them for figuring out in just a month or two what the Bengals FO didn't learn even after 4 years. The dude is poop.

It was part of the deal we probably made when the Bills were looking to get into the playoffs if we won the game. "If we win the game, you take Bodine."
Reply/Quote
People like to complain about our front office, but I sure hope they sent a jar of Vasoline to the Bills front office....
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 06:50 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We know Mixon and Gio is our one two punch that is not going to change in this game weather its a good or bad game for them. Hill and Carson has both had good preseasons so far. This is a great game to see if one of them will be our 4th RB or if we roll with 3 RB this year. Put them both in against the Bills ones and see how good they do to help make that choice. I think they are keeping Walton no matter what not throwing that draft pick away.

They threw the Elliott pick away just last year. Sometimes you have to, love Walton's story, great man.

But Hill and Carson are clearly better RB's at this point, keep them both. Go with 4 RB's.

(08-23-2018, 09:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Brown is a MIKE, basically a middle LB. I have been watching the NFL for 50+ years, I have seen very few good cover middle linebackers. I have seen coaches try and create match up issues for middle LB's for this very reason. Brown's main job is to stop the run, if he does that great, I will be a happy camper. If he keeps plays in front him and does not give up big pass plays. he did his job. Gronk, Kelcie and a lot of today's salivate if they get matched up with a MIKE. Bell, McCoy, Freeman and all running backs the same, they beat the MIKE probably 80% of the time in one on one coverage.

Does Kuechly play MIKE? Pretty sure he does and he is a great cover LB'er. Might be Thomas Davis though.

(08-23-2018, 11:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marvin was praising him yesterday at the press conference, but he did mention how he "took one bad angle that allowed for some extra yardage, and we can't have that".  I sure know what play he's talking about and he dove at the guys ankles and came up with that ground up rubber in the turf.

But to your point, he is a very steady MLB for short yardage and goal line.  Figure he will probably play about 33% of the snaps.  The good thing (is it good?  I hope so) is that he will prevent the Bengals from trying to use a player out of position as a MLB because he is really the only one.  Burfict didn't look nearly as good at MLB as he did at WILL.  

Yeah saw that play where Preston missed the tackle. I think he will get it down, everything is new around here
this season. We cannot expect these guys just to come in and be elite in a brand new system. Will take time.

I think once all these guys get on the same page this will be our best team in a very long time though.

Injuries are the only thing i think can derail us knock on wood.
Reply/Quote
"But Hill and Carson are clearly better RB's at this point, keep them both. Go with 4 RB's."

If Walton is at the back of the pack, off to the PS or a full out cut he goes. Don't compound a bad draft pick by keeping him on the team for a year or two just because he is a 4th rounder. These are independent decisions. If he is a dud though, they should be evaluating why they chose him in the 4th and what they 'thought' they saw in him that clearly was not there. And that is how you learn from mistakes.

Not the end of the world in cutting draft picks - best players should stay regardless of how we got them.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 04:20 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: "But Hill and Carson are clearly better RB's at this point, keep them both. Go with 4 RB's."

If Walton is at the back of the pack, off to the PS or a full out cut he goes. Don't compound a bad draft pick by keeping him on the team for a year or two just because he is a 4th rounder. These are independent decisions. If he is a dud though, they should be evaluating why they chose him in the 4th and what they 'thought' they saw in him that clearly was not there.  And that is how you learn from mistakes.

Not the end of the world in cutting draft picks - best players should stay regardless of how we got them.

Definately agree with you here.

Sometimes admitting you made a mistake is the best thing you can do. Hence why we need to cut Og.

Remember a couple years ago the Pats cut their first round pick OT.
Reply/Quote
Realistically, does OG have a chance of being cut if he continues to suck it up in pre-season? I understand everyone's not the highest on Dalton, but do we really want to see Barkley back there playing hacky sack and slinging the ball 2 yards? (in the context that Dalton does a horrible death from OG's garbage blocking)

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 06:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Realistically, does OG have a chance of being cut if he continues to suck it up in pre-season? I understand everyone's not the highest on Dalton, but do we really want to see Barkley back there playing hacky sack and slinging the ball 2 yards? (in the context that Dalton does a horrible death from OG's garbage blocking)

I am betting Og gets cut very soon, so this will be a moot point.

We will bring in somebody on cutdown day to play RT, pretty confident about this.
Reply/Quote