Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Games
Starting this year, there will only be 3 preseason games instead of 4.

I wonder whether that means we'll see the starters for 2-3 quarters in the last game, or if essentially Game 3 just becomes what Game 4 used to always be - the starters playing a series or two and the backups playing the majority of the game for final evaluations.

Does anyone have any confirmation of what to expect, or assumptions?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 12:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Starting this year, there will only be 3 preseason games instead of 4.

I wonder whether that means we'll see the starters for 2-3 quarters in the last game, or if essentially Game 3 just becomes what Game 4 used to always be - the starters playing a series or two and the backups playing the majority of the game for final evaluations.

Does anyone have any confirmation of what to expect, or assumptions?

As we havent seen what coaches and teams will do yet all we can do is speculate until we see how a new shortened preseason unfolds... then next year we can look to those trends.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: As we havent seen what coaches and teams will do yet all we can do is speculate until we see how a new shortened preseason unfolds... then next year we can look to those trends.

I'd love to see the starters play 1 full quarter in Game 1, the first half in Game 2, and 3 full quarters in Game 3.
Or first half in Game 1, 3 quarters in Game 2, and 1 quarter in Game 3 if they really wanted the last game more for backup evaluations.

I feel this Bengals team (especially the OL) needs as much time before the start of the season to gel against defenses from other teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd love to see the starters play 1 full quarter in Game 1, the first half in Game 2, and 3 full quarters in Game 3.
Or first half in Game 1, 3 quarters in Game 2, and 1 quarter in Game 3 if they really wanted the last game more for backup evaluations.

I feel this Bengals team (especially the OL) needs as much time before the start of the season to gel against defenses from other teams.

While i want the starters to get reps... I also want the Other players to get a chance some people make rosters by what they do in the preseason games and turn into good careers something that wont happen if they never have the opportunity to see the field.

But i have a thing for the underdogs
Reply/Quote
I am assuming we use game 2 like game 3 of a normal Preseason but it is against Washington the team that blew out
Burrow's knee and they are one hell of a good DL. So who knows, too weird that is our 2nd Preseason game.
Reply/Quote