Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy zuttah.
(08-10-2017, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who says fans know less than them?

Let this simmer in your noggin for a minute and then tell me how sad it truly is... ( i was actually able to figure this out when Mike Brown couldn't)

Paul Brown didn't come into the NFL to play by the well established status quo. He was an innovator. He came up with ways to give his players and teams an advantage. He strove to be the best. Easily one of the top 3 most important figures in NFL history. 

Now...in the 26 full seasons his son has been the big kahuna...he has not done one thing, not one single thing that could be considered innovative or forward-thinking. Not a single thing that other teams copy to try and better themselves. He's come to work every day, punched the clock, did his 9, punched the clock again and went home. 

Look around this forum about all the talk about practice facilities, FA philosophy, coaches coaching way too long...and then look at how teams that win championships do it. 

26 full seasons and he's done absolutely nothing to so much as even give him a single playoff win. All this following the example his father set right before his eyes.

But by all means; continue to "enjoy the regular season" with nothing beyond that. It's your right. 

And it's just as lacking as the guy who has made you do it for the last 26 years. 

In all seriousness, any poster on here who legitimately thinks they can run the Bengals better than the current FO is delusional, egomaniacal, or both.  Truth be told, probably half of the people that come on here complaining about contracts and cap management can't even balance their own checkbook.  It's good to have an opinion, and it's fine to discuss roster moves, but some people act like they're the mastermind responsible for the Patriots dynasty and continually drag up stuff from months/ years/ decades ago  and how we are doomed to failure because we didn't draft this player they wanted, cut this player they don't want, sign this FA, and resign this other guy...but if we had done all that we'd be SB bound.  It's like a bunch of battered housewives sitting around complaining about all the years abuse and fxck ups and how their lives are ruined, but they don't have the guts to leave.  You feel bad the first couple of times you hear it, but after hearing the same shxt over and over again, you just don't care anymore and wish they'd just shxt or get off the pot.

I've been a fan through the whole lost decade.  Certainly, if I had my way, some things would be done differently.  However, different people have different ways of doing things, and a different way isn't necessarily wrong.  Certainly, back in the '90's, they were doing a lot more wrong than they did right, but it recent years, we've generally had a good team to watch.  When I tune in on gameday, I want to watch my favorite team play an entertaining game and win, not go out there and try to make up for something that happened 26 years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: In all seriousness, any poster on here who legitimately thinks they can run the Bengals better than the current FO is delusional, egomaniacal, or both.  Truth be told, probably half of the people that come on here complaining about contracts and cap management can't even balance their own checkbook.  It's good to have an opinion, and it's fine to discuss roster moves, but some people act like they're the mastermind responsible for the Patriots dynasty and continually drag up stuff from months/ years/ decades ago  and how we are doomed to failure because we didn't draft this player they wanted, cut this player they don't want, sign this FA, and resign this other guy...but if we had done all that we'd be SB bound.  It's like a bunch of battered housewives sitting around complaining about all the years abuse and fxck ups and how their lives are ruined, but they don't have the guts to leave.  You feel bad the first couple of times you hear it, but after hearing the same shxt over and over again, you just don't care anymore and wish they'd just shxt or get off the pot.

I've been a fan through the whole lost decade.  Certainly, if I had my way, some things would be done differently.  However, different people have different ways of doing things, and a different way isn't necessarily wrong.  Certainly, back in the '90's, they were doing a lot more wrong than they did right, but it recent years, we've generally had a good team to watch.  When I tune in on gameday, I want to watch my favorite team play an entertaining game and win, not go out there and try to make up for something that happened 26 years ago.

I wouldn't even want to try and run an NFL franchise. But i can watch one and see how nothing noteworthy has been done in a 1/4 century by a guy that was content to just punch a clock and collect everyone's money. 

His Dad set an example and he chose to go the other way. Ultimately, it's my fault for investing any money and so much time and emotion on someone that didn't care enough to be the best. I'm an NFL fan so i'll continue to watch, but no more money and no more expectations of anything good beyond the last regular season game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who says fans know less than them?

Let this simmer in your noggin for a minute and then tell me how sad it truly is... ( i was actually able to figure this out when Mike Brown couldn't)

Paul Brown didn't come into the NFL to play by the well established status quo. He was an innovator. He came up with ways to give his players and teams an advantage. He strove to be the best. Easily one of the top 3 most important figures in NFL history. 

Now...in the 26 full seasons his son has been the big kahuna...he has not done one thing, not one single thing that could be considered innovative or forward-thinking. Not a single thing that other teams copy to try and better themselves. He's come to work every day, punched the clock, did his 9, punched the clock again and went home. 

Look around this forum about all the talk about practice facilities, FA philosophy, coaches coaching way too long...and then look at how teams that win championships do it. 

26 full seasons and he's done absolutely nothing to so much as even give him a single playoff win. All this following the example his father set right before his eyes.

But by all means; continue to "enjoy the regular season" with nothing beyond that. It's your right. 

And it's just as lacking as the guy who has made you do it for the last 26 years. 

If you ran the show im not sure we would make it out of the preseason.... but please send your resume in... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you ran the show im not sure we would make it out of the preseason.... but please send your resume in... Hilarious

Don't project so much.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 11:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Please stop this silly trend of giving everyone 2-3-4 "rookie" years. Kirkpatrick was "basically a rookie" for four years, Dennard was a rookie for three years (or is it four now? has he lost rookie status yet?), McCarron was a rookie for two years, etc, etc. Now Ogbuehi is a rookie for two years. Do any other teams give all their players 2 or 3 rookie years?

If it was actually their rookie year, they are a rookie. If it isn't, they aren't. Were they eligible to win the Rookie of the Year award? No? Then they aren't in their rookie year.

Also saying he struggled mightily is the largest understatement of how horrible Ogbuehi was. I have never seen a worse offensive tackle before, and I have watched Dennis Roland start.

Obviously. My NFL trophycase is just as full as Mike Brown's, I have as many postseason wins as a HC as Marvin Lewis does, and I have designed as many top-10 offenses as Ken Zampese has. Ninja

When was McCarron's rookie year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When was McCarron's rookie year?

He was drafted in 2014, so 2014.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He was drafted in 2014, so 2014.

Okey Doke.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 07:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well as sad as some will be to hear this...Bodine may actually be our best o lineman based on play last year. The reality is we need more of a back up tackle based on how bad Winston has been and Andre being hurt

If that's true, we are so screwed.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:30 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If that's true, we are so screwed.

Its not true, Boling was better than Bodine last year even with a bum shoulder.

Boling being 100% this year should really help out both Bodine and Og who finally had a full Offseason to work.

Plus by all accounts and looking at the pics and listening to Lap Og has gotten much stronger and better in his technigue.

Plus Fisher can finally stay at a position instead of being CONSTANTLY moved around all over the place.

It is not as bad as some make it out be Bonnie. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He was drafted in 2014, so 2014.

Unless he was nfi right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Unless he was nfi right?

That's what the arbitrator is figuring out.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Unless he was nfi right?

(08-11-2017, 04:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's what the arbitrator is figuring out.

They could just ask Brownshoe or Leap. 

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Its not true, Boling was better than Bodine last year even with a bum shoulder.

Boling being 100% this year should really help out both Bodine and Og who finally had a full Offseason to work.

Plus by all accounts and looking at the pics and listening to Lap Og has gotten much stronger and better in his technigue.

Plus Fisher can finally stay at a position instead of being CONSTANTLY moved around all over the place.

Thanks for the positive thoughts.  I hope you are right.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't even want to try and run an NFL franchise. But i can watch one and see how nothing noteworthy has been done in a 1/4 century by a guy that was content to just punch a clock and collect everyone's money. 

His Dad set an example and he chose to go the other way. Ultimately, it's my fault for investing any money and so much time and emotion on someone that didn't care enough to be the best. I'm an NFL fan so i'll continue to watch, but no more money and no more expectations of anything good beyond the last regular season game. 

This is me too......"us damn Gen Xers"....lmao. I'm just not much on complacency....others are, and that's fine too.  The Bengals and their fans are not like battered wife syndrome....they're more like a parent with an underachieving child. You want better for them...you love them....but after so much effing off and effing up...you finally gotta give that tough love and quit enabling.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Its not true, Boling was better than Bodine last year even with a bum shoulder.

Boling was injured last year.....no way Bodine is better.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: In all seriousness, any poster on here who legitimately thinks they can run the Bengals better than the current FO is delusional, egomaniacal, or both.  Truth be told, probably half of the people that come on here complaining about contracts and cap management can't even balance their own checkbook.  It's good to have an opinion, and it's fine to discuss roster moves, but some people act like they're the mastermind responsible for the Patriots dynasty and continually drag up stuff from months/ years/ decades ago  and how we are doomed to failure because we didn't draft this player they wanted, cut this player they don't want, sign this FA, and resign this other guy...but if we had done all that we'd be SB bound.  It's like a bunch of battered housewives sitting around complaining about all the years abuse and fxck ups and how their lives are ruined, but they don't have the guts to leave.  You feel bad the first couple of times you hear it, but after hearing the same shxt over and over again, you just don't care anymore and wish they'd just shxt or get off the pot.

I can guarantee you that if I were given 26 years to run the Bengals I could at least match Mike Brown's postseason success.

While I'm just jumping in on this, I've never claimed to be a mastermind. I can do math with no problem. I guarantee I could draft some talented players. I would also hire a GM who knew football, I would hold my coaching staff accountable, and the goal would always be to win the Super Bowl and not just simply make the playoffs.

Sure, if I ran the Bengals I could go down as the worst owner in the history of the game. However there would be 2 absolute truths; 1) no one would be able to question my desire to win 2) my postseason success would be no worse than Mike Brown's.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 11:06 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I can guarantee you that if I were given 26 years to run the Bengals I could at least match Mike Brown's postseason success.

While I'm just jumping in on this, I've never claimed to be a mastermind. I can do math with no problem. I guarantee I could draft some talented players. I would also hire a GM who knew football, I would hold my coaching staff accountable, and the goal would always be to win the Super Bowl and not just simply make the playoffs.

Sure, if I ran the Bengals I could go down as the worst owner in the history of the game. However there would be 2 absolute truths; 1) no one would be able to question my desire to win 2) my postseason success would be no worse than Mike Brown's.

Ditto. Spot on. 

Reply/Quote