Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason PSA
Please remember that this is just preseason. Some players are going to look a lot better than they actually are, and some are going to look worse. It doesn't matter if it's the 3rd preseason game or the 4th; they don't matter very much at all. Just remember 2015 when we played Tampa bay and looked like shit in the 3rd preseason game, but had an amazing season until Dalton got hurt. Or when the Lions had a 4-0 preseason and didn't win a game in the regular season. Every year there is major overreaction to preseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Please remember that this is just preseason. Some players are going to look a lot better than they actually are, and some are going to look worse. It doesn't matter if it's the 3rd preseason game or the 4th; they don't matter very much at all. Just remember 2015 when we played Tampa bay and looked like shit in the 3rd preseason game, but had an amazing season until Dalton got hurt. Or when the Lions had a 4-0 preseason and didn't win a game in the regular season. Every year there is major overreaction to preseason.
Clapping    Agree.  Preaseason is for working out the kinks and for guys who might not make the team to get a shot.  It's NOT for our starters to make big plays and risk getting hurt.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Please remember that this is just preseason. Some players are going to look a lot better than they actually are, and some are going to look worse. It doesn't matter if it's the 3rd preseason game or the 4th; they don't matter very much at all. Just remember 2015 when we played Tampa bay and looked like shit in the 3rd preseason game, but had an amazing season until Dalton got hurt. Or when the Lions had a 4-0 preseason and didn't win a game in the regular season. Every year there is major overreaction to preseason.

Very true and you listed some excellent examples. As with every preseason game, I couldn't care less about the final score or how we look overall. All I care about is avoiding injuries. That's it. Just play through the game, and for the love of God play it safe and play it smart. 
Reply/Quote
Nah. This game will determine Super Bowl or BUST!!!!!!

[Image: tenor.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Got it. Thanks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I heard Mitch Trubisky was going straight to Canton after the performance last night against 3rd stringers. At least that is what the Bears fans I know said.
Reply/Quote
This is practice !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So you're saying we are going to the super bowl!?!?!!!!

Reply/Quote
This year is a bit different than we have had in last few years.. there has been turnover on this team more over the last couple years.. there are a lot of storylines with this preseason that we really have not had much of the last few years..

It has nothing to do with wins and losses.. but no doubt this is evaluation process big time and probably with the limiting the amount of days and time coaches can work with players in offseason now.. preseason as an added element of value .
Reply/Quote
Win or lose, this game will prove that the Bengals are winning the Super Bowl this year. I already bet my girlfriend's cat's life on it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This is practice !

We talkin bout practice
Reply/Quote
I just think it's fun to see the new guys. I'm hoping they all get hyped and it's because they went out and excelled.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:12 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So you're saying we are going to the super bowl!?!?!!!!

ONLY IF THEY WIN THIS PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!! errrrrr, pre season game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: DependentPhysicalAngelfish-max-1mb.gif]

ummmm, sorry. I don't know where that came from...  Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:44 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Win or lose, this game will prove that the Bengals are winning the Super Bowl this year.  I already bet my girlfriend's cat's life on it.

Sounds like a win-win situation, for you.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Very true Brownshoe. As Pat said, excellent examples as well. I remember watching that Bucs game back then
and being very concerned lol. That is how bad we got our asses handed to us. Then like you said went 8-0.

In the end i am with McC and just excited to see the new guys makes some plays in stripes. Not many will be
with us for very long so it will be short lived for many. Want to see how Nickerson plays at MIKE and Landon
Lechler plays at LT as the backup.
Reply/Quote
Be careful when singing someone's praises when he's facing 2nd and 3rd stringers - Margus Hunt anyone ?
Reply/Quote
I'm already over reacting. I'm anxious to see if we can block.... that's it....... if we can block then we're a real life Super Bowl contender. I'm almost positive the Defense is gonna be awesome. I'm positive we're loaded at skill positions. If we can block, we can win it all
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 07:10 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I'm already over reacting.  I'm anxious to see if we can block.... that's it....... if we can block then we're a real life Super Bowl contender.  I'm almost positive the Defense is gonna be awesome.  I'm positive we're loaded at skill positions.  If we can block, we can win it all

You said a lot, as blocking and tackling are fundamental elements of football.  The team that blocks and tackles well, is generally going to win a lot of ballgames.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: I heard Mitch Trubisky was going straight to Canton after the performance last night against 3rd stringers. At least that is what the Bears fans I know said.

If you want an interesting read, go onto the Bears Instagram page and read the comments on the photos of Trubisky, then the comments on the photo of Glennon!

One pre-season game and he's bringing back the 85' Bears  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It's funny, cause I was reading the game day thread last night and seeing people complain about the defense and I'm like, does no one remember that there's no game planning for specific opponents in the preseason? It saddened me a little.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote