Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been keeping up with Cedric Ogbuehi?
(07-18-2017, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 19 months for training camp, so how many months for Week 1? 21.5?

Sorry I exaggerated so much that I called 21.5 months 24. Clearly THAT is why he was so terrible even in late December/early Jan 2016, 24 months after his injury.

You've closed the book on him.  Got it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ill give Ced one more year and if he sucks then im ready to move on. 

i agree its make or break for him this year
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
As Hobson once said and I quote, "Ced gaining confidence."
I don't know about the rest of the known universe, but that doesn't make me feel overly confident.  Then again even a clock that stops at exactly 11:59:59 is right twice a day which doesn't say much for the other 23 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he's good, he's good.

If not, it's back to the drawing board in next year's draft.

I don't even pay attention to the off season hype anymore.

Its effect on me wore off as soon as they tried convincing me that Binns was Larry Fitzgerald and Jake Kumerow was the next great big man receiver.

Now, I just assume everything said during the off season is complete bullshit fluff and, if someone actually lives up to the hype they are getting, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

That hasn't happened since Burfict, however.

1. Darqueze Dennard being the best rookie corner Lewis has ever seen.
2. Margus Hunt is learning the ins and outs of the position
3. Core looks fantastic in camp.
4. Orson Charles at FB is the best of both worlds; blocking and receiving.

It's just every single thing turns out to be patently false or extremely exaggerated.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 08:08 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If he's good, he's good.

If not, it's back to the drawing board in next year's draft.

I don't even pay attention to the off season hype anymore.

Its effect on me wore off as soon as they tried convincing me that Binns was Larry Fitzgerald and Jake Kumerow was the next great big man receiver.

Now, I just assume everything said during the off season is complete bullshit fluff and, if someone actually lives up to the hype they are getting, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

That hasn't happened since Burfict, however.

1. Darqueze Dennard being the best rookie corner Lewis has ever seen.
2. Margus Hunt is learning the ins and outs of the position
3. Core looks fantastic in camp.
4. Orson Charles at FB is the best of both worlds; blocking and receiving.

It's just every single thing turns out to be patently false or extremely exaggerated.

Leading up to the 2009 season is where the fluff pieces really took off. I remember Hobson writing about Matt Sherry as a reason we didn't need to take a TE in the draft. We wound up taking Chase Coffman in the 3rd. We got an article about Corey Lynch being a major asset to the secondary. He lost a came battle against an undrafted rookie. Since then, I take these articles more as humor.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Just a gut feeling but I think Ced is going to be much improved. This will turn into a non story in the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 10:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just a gut feeling but I think Ced is going to be much improved.   This will turn into a non story in the preseason.

I'll go halfsies with you:  I think Cedric Ogbuehi will be much better in 2017 but it won't turn into a non-story until the first few weeks of the regular season are over.  He was terrific at A&M and he'll grow into the job here in Cincinnati too.
Reply/Quote
Fresh start for Ced on my opinion of him.

Plenty of young tackles struggle. The stars are aligning for his 3rd year. Should be the year he gets it together. Dalton doesnt need much time to get rid of the ball.

He should have a short leash. If he gives up multiple sacks in the first couple games straight to the bench. Fisher to LT Andre to RT and see what Westerman does at RG. We ruined last season waiting for him to get it. If he doesnt work right away tjis year try something else.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 01:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fresh start for Ced on my opinion of him.

Plenty of young tackles struggle. The stars are aligning for his 3rd year. Should be the year he gets it together. Dalton doesnt need much time to get rid of the ball.

He should have a short leash. If he gives up multiple sacks in the first couple games straight to the bench. Fisher to LT Andre to RT and see what Westerman does at RG. We ruined last season waiting for him to get it. If he doesnt work right away tjis year try something else.

That's what scares me the most about Ced. The coaching staffs stubbornness to pull him. If was painfully obvious last year he was getting beat consistently and it took way too long for the coaches to recognize that. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 03:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Leading up to the 2009 season is where the fluff pieces really took off. I remember Hobson writing about Matt Sherry as a reason we didn't need to take a TE in the draft. We wound up taking Chase Coffman in the 3rd. We got an article about Corey Lynch being a major asset to the secondary. He lost a came battle against an undrafted rookie. Since then, I take these articles more as humor.

LOL...couldn't been said any better.  Unfortunately though, Hobson's fluff about Ced doing MMA probably got some dude, somewhere jacked up about the upcoming season.  As for me, I couldn't give a damn what kind of training Ced is doing so long as he just blocks the guy across from him come Week 1.
Reply/Quote
I want so much for him to succeed. And I'm camping on the fact that he hasn't seen a single training camp.

But my fear is that he doesn't have it between the ears.  Fisher seems like the same guy.  Neither seems smart or intense.   I don't see either excelling.   I believe the best we can hope for is just below average.  All the MMA in the world can't make up for not knowing what you're doing.

Having a bad day.   Just the way I feel.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing without reading any articles . This is the Best OG has ever looked. He's going to be a probowler. He boxes against Mayweather n he golfs against woods. He looks amazing in shorts. Then the pads come on...............
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 10:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I'm guessing without reading any articles .  This is the Best OG has ever looked.  He's going to be a probowler.  He boxes against Mayweather n he golfs against woods.  He looks amazing in shorts.  Then the pads come on...............

Yeah, you never heard complaints about practice habits or work ethic last year.  I even recall PA saying that he does everything he's asked every day in practice.  He just couldn't get it together against live competition.  That's a problem.  If he lacks attitude and nastiness on Sundays, then that's tough to teach.  Lapham said something to the effect of "you can't teach toughness".  I hope he's wrong.
Reply/Quote