Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Predictions
I think the 'talking heads' got it right this time.

Barring any major injuries I say they will finish;

8-8 and in third place in the division.

HOME

Ravens  W
Texans  L
Bills  W
Colts  W
Browns  W
Steelers  L
Bears  W
Lions  L

AWAY

Ravens  L
Steelers  L
Browns  W
Vikings  L
Jags  W
Titans  W
Broncos  L
Packers  L
Reply/Quote
Think it could be anywhere between 5-11 and 14-2

depending on O-line production and this plus last years draft picks contributing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think we may be 8-8 but I don't think Baltimore has a very good season.
Reply/Quote
I am going to say 9-7 or possibly 10-6. I think we have a few learning stumbles in the beginning, but come on strong to push for a playoff spot. I think patience might be a good virtue to have beginning of this season. I know, we fans have plenty of patience with this team......
Reply/Quote
I could see anywhere from 5-11 to 12-4. So much depends on the blocking, but the talent is there everywhere else.

I also agree with au165 that the Ravens won't be that good. Their decent record last year seemed fluky as all get out. Their roster is the ugliest in the division, IMO. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 02:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we may be 8-8 but I don't think Baltimore has a very good season.

Same.  I just can't see them scoring enough points to be any kind of a playoff threat.
Reply/Quote
12-4. Win the division. Beat the Steelers at least once. Make it to AFCCG. Win the SB next year, the monkey being permanently gone.

The offense will improve game by game. The defense will be beastly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: 12-4.  Win the division.  Beat the Steelers at least once.  Make it to AFCCG.  Win the SB next year, the monkey being permanently gone.

The offense will improve game by game.  The defense will be beastly.

I want to ride with you on this one, but I'm nervous about the oline generating a run game. No run game? Then 8-8 seems likely. As good as he is, Andy can't do it alone. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 02:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: Same.  I just can't see them scoring enough points to be any kind of a playoff threat.

I am actually more worried about them on the defensive side.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think the 'talking heads' got it right this time.

HOME

Ravens  W
Texans  L
Bills  W
Colts  W
Browns  W
Steelers  L
Bears  W
Lions  L

AWAY

Ravens  L
Steelers  L
Browns  W
Vikings  L
Jags  W
Titans  W
Broncos  L
Packers  L

I think we go 3-1 In the preseason we are pretty deep.
Reply/Quote
My season Prediction is 11-4-1 Good for 1st in AFCN and 3rd place AFC

Yeah cause we know how to have a Tie round here lol
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 03:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am actually more worried about them on the defensive side.

Me too. Their front 7 is still pretty good. OB facing Suggs in game 1, scary! He probably won't sleep the night before...
Reply/Quote
6-10 at the worse.

11-5 at the best. 

2-2 in preseason.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 04:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Me too. Their front 7 is still pretty good. OB facing Suggs in game 1, scary! He probably won't sleep the night before...

O no see I meant  I am worried for them. They lost arguably their best CB to an ACL tear along with a very good MLB to retirment. Jimmy Smith is often injured and no match for AJ Green. They are relying on an old Weddle at one safety and Jefferson who is decent at the other. They lost Timmy Jerrinigan off their defensive line who was arguably their best D lineman.
Reply/Quote
My pre-trainingcamp prediction is 7-9.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: 12-4.  Win the division.  Beat the Steelers at least once.  Make it to AFCCG.  Win the SB next year, the monkey being permanently gone.

The offense will improve game by game.  The defense will be beastly.

I've heard this echoed before, several times in the last 13 years!  I wouldn't bet the farm on it!  Hope so, but history says no.
Reply/Quote
I see this team as being fully capable of going 11-5/12-4. They have a large portion of the pieces necessary to be a very competitive team. Trouble is, as has been stated a million times and I agree, it all comes down to the O-line. If they stink as bad as they can 5-11 wouldn't shock me.

If I had to give one number right now sight unseen I'd go 8-8. Here's to hoping we have an O-line and they prove me wrong !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think the 'talking heads' got it right this time.

HOME

Ravens  W
Texans  L
Bills  W
Colts  W
Browns  W
Steelers  L
Bears  W
Lions  L

AWAY

Ravens  L
Steelers  L
Browns  W
Vikings  L
Jags  W
Titans  W
Broncos  L
Packers  L
 My picks revised above by striking out disagreements

10-6 and back to the playoffs
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
10-6... In the hunt for the division title.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 06:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I've heard this echoed before, several times in the last 13 years!  I wouldn't bet the farm on it!  Hope so, but history says no.

You can argue that history says we make the playoffs also... so I will go with that history that we make the playoffs this year. 
Reply/Quote