Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Predictions
My annual BOLD prediction is they win somewhere between 0 games and 16 in the regular season, give or take anywhere between 1 and 15.. 
I don't think they'll be as bad as some think nor as good as some. 
The worst possible scenario is the team is suddenly moved to Erie Pennsylvania in the middle of the night. 
It's only bold because of the text manipulation function and I could have made it an underlined prediction or italics. Bold seems more popular. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the defense is going to be top 3 next year, and the offense has a ton of weapons now too. Even with a weak OL I think this team is going to be really good as long as we stay relatively healthy. The schedule is really weak this year too. I say we go 12-4.
Reply/Quote
At the end of last season I looked at the schedule and predicted 7-9.  I'm not sure why, but I want to pencil in more wins now.
Reply/Quote
12-4, AFC North Champs

Beat Colts in divisional round
Beat Pats at New England in final round (Ding Dong, the witch is dead)
Beat Saints in Super Bowl (Why the Saints? It is just a hunch that Adrian Peterson has some old-man pride that is going to lead him, and his team, to a very strong season)
Reply/Quote
After underachieving last year, maybe the reverse will happen this year. They can be a surprise team, much like Atlanta was last year. With the offensive line in question, I would put them at 7-9 or 8-8. But that is a reasonable floor, and they could be better.
Reply/Quote
Not a prediction, but it's safe to say the Bengals web site through Hobson will portray every one of the rookies as the greatest rookie talent since Red Grange.. Not only that, but they'll also recycle some old players to come from so-so to stalwarts of any success the team ever had. Hey, it's the 50th anniversary so of course we'll hear great things about guys who quietly disappeared because they weren't really very good.  I'm ok with that I guess. It's par for the course.  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2017, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 12-4, AFC North Champs

Beat Colts in divisional round
Beat Pats at New England in final round (Ding Dong, the witch is dead)
Beat Saints in Super Bowl (Why the Saints?  It is just a hunch that Adrian Peterson has some old-man pride that is going to lead him, and his team, to a very strong season)

You know you're teetering on a prediction that Marvin's sullied post season record will suddenly be turned around and he'll ride off into the sunset as the greatest Bengals HC ever..  Be careful about these predictions of great success. 

Reply/Quote
Even if the O-line stinks a good OC should be able to work around them with quick hits and draws to keep the D-Line honest. Should.

If some how Zamp accomplishes that I can see them back in the playoffs. Barring no major injuries of course.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
just FYI... you can just say SEASON predictions.... preseason is something else entirely lol
Reply/Quote
HOME

Ravens  W
Texans  L
Bills  W
Colts  W
Browns  W
Steelers  L
Bears  W
Lions  W

AWAY

Ravens  L
Steelers  L
Browns  W
Vikings  L
Jags  W
Titans  L
Broncos  L
Packers  L

I could see anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5.   I think we end up around 8-8.   If the O-line and Ross show  11-5
Reply/Quote
I predicted 11-5 to a friend last week..Anxious to see how things play out this year.
Reply/Quote
10-6 make the playoffs and lose in the first round. And still Marvin comes back for another year. Can't say we haven't seen that before.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 11:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You can argue that history says we make the playoffs also... so I will go with that history that we make the playoffs this year. 

History also shows this scenario after a losing season under Lewis;

W - L   T

2007     7    9

2008     4   12   1
Reply/Quote
History also shows that the 2 times the Bengals went to the Super Bowl they had the number 1 seed, winning the division.

The two things, present day, that help the Bengals have a chance at the division is the fact that Tomlin is coaching the Steelers, and Pig Pen is old and beat up and will probably miss games AGAIN this year. (I agree with Bradshaw on Tomlin, and that he is not a 'great' coach.)
Reply/Quote
2017 Prediction

1. BALTIMORE W - Will take awhile for Ravens to incorporate their new weapons. Glad we have them week 1.

2. Houston W- Defensive struggle similar to last year. This time the kicker comes though.

3. Green Bay L- Team gets beat up and the sky is falling threads appear after the hot start.

4. Cleveland- W Roll to a win

5. Buffalo - W Mixon has first big game. Roll to another win setting up a showdown with

6. Pitt- L. Pitt pulls away late.

7. Indy- W. Bengals win big in a mild surprise

8. Jacksonville- W Jags remain the Jags, Bengals have control throughout

9. Tennessee- L Titans rip Cincy similar to the Dallas game last year. Optimism fades.

10. Denver- L. Close loss. Dalton has a bad Andy game and is beaten up.

11. Cleveland W. Get off the side

12. Pittsburgh W. It happens. Bengals beat Pittsburgh in a late season primetime game. Mixon outplays Bell and Ross has a huge game evoking comparisons to Antonio Brown. A changing of the guard type game.

13. Chicago. W. Bengals roll.

14. Minnesota L Close loss which dampens our enthusiasm.

15. Lions. W. Bengals roll and the fan base is back on the Super Bowl bandwagon.

16. Baltimore- W Close win which clinches a first round home game.

11-5
Reply/Quote
11-5 or 12-4.... win the AFCN and at least one playoff game this year.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to predict that Marvin Lewis is in his last season as coach of the Bengals because we will end with a 6-10 record and no playoffs. The Oline will be the problem.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
You guys deserve a Super Bowl. I hope you guys get it this year if my Pack doesn't. The fans here are great on this board to chat with.
Reply/Quote
Winning record, barring major injuries. This Defense is gonna be beastly and the new Oline will get the job done.
Reply/Quote
10-6. Get that wildcard. Win 1st playoff game then out....

ML will be extended.

Reply/Quote