Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Buccaneers- GameDay Thread***
Lou has the D playing great thus far.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You joke, but the Bengals 3rd string QB in 2020 ended up starting 5 games after being called up from the PS and is now the 2nd string QB in 2021.

Yeah, but that was when Michael Jordan was a starter…oh ****
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Also.. Our 3rd string QB beat Pittsburgh last year..

...and is throwing to our long time punt returner this year in Houston..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure he meant we all got your take on Schumur the first 37 times…

Ya he really sucks.. pretty bad. I might add...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope, that was Finley that played against DC and put up a 0.0 QB Rating, so they signed Allen from the PS and started him the next week. Allen was 100% the 3rd string QB while Burrow was healthy.

Yes ...I remember now
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:51 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Lou has the D playing great thus far.

He’s had no personnel before this season. He may ultimately be a bad coordinator, but the dirt was thrown on him too soon. I had people trying to pick fights with me for saying this a few months ago. Hope he works out. I think we at least have decent personnel on D this season, and I’m not basing this on this game. They’ve done a lot to bolster the defensive side of the ball. Hope Reader and Ogun are healthy this season, and dare I say they could be a good defense? Hoping hard that Ossai is ok.
Reply/Quote
I hope Ossai is going to be ok. He looked like a beast before he hurt his wrist. It would be a punch in the gut if his injury is serious. Hopefully minor
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I knew Evans was a Gem... Younger Gio basically. Maybe better..

and the best part is we got Evans with that Finley trade from Texans. Sweet!
last I heard Finley was cut already...that weenie arm will only take you so far in NFL.
Reply/Quote
I was not on the thread live last night.

I live in Naples now so saw the game with TB announcers versus ours. I watched it a second time and did a lot of slow motion looking a lot at Price, Carman and Smith.

I thought the OL held up against a strong TB DL (aggressive DL) overall. My biggest surprise was Price, I thought he did a lot better. I thought Williams and Rieff albeit limited snaps, nut played well. Carman and Smith looked like rookies (which is OK at this stage) and had some good blocks and Smith did have one bad whiff that caused a fumble, but he alertly recovered it. I also thought Prince played well. Right now, very concerned if OT gets hurt.

My biggest joy was watching the defense. They tackled well, they stuffed the run game and overall think they gave up less than 150 yards and 8 points.

I loved the team chemistry, it appears these guys support each other and are happy to be a Bengal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 12:12 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: He’s had no personnel before this season.  He may ultimately be a bad coordinator, but the dirt was thrown on him too soon.  I had people trying to pick fights with me for saying this a few months ago.  Hope he works out.  I think we at least have decent personnel on D this season, and I’m not basing this on this game.   They’ve done a lot to bolster the defensive side of the ball.  Hope Reader and Ogun are healthy this season, and dare I say they could be a good defense?   Hoping hard that Ossai is ok.

Saw Ossai in an interview after the game, looks fine.

He wouldn't be so excited and wanting to get back to work if he was injured badly.

(08-15-2021, 11:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was not on the thread live last night.

I live in Naples now so saw the game with TB announcers versus ours. I watched it a second time and did a lot of slow motion looking a lot at Price, Carman and Smith.

I thought the OL held up against a strong TB DL (aggressive DL) overall. My biggest surprise was Price, I thought he did a lot better. I thought Williams and Rieff albeit limited snaps, nut played well. Carman and Smith looked like rookies (which is OK at this stage) and had some good blocks and Smith did have one bad whiff that caused a fumble, but he alertly recovered it. I also thought Prince played well. Right now, very concerned if OT gets hurt.

My biggest joy was watching the defense. They tackled well, they stuffed the run game and overall think they gave up less than 150 yards and 8 points.

I loved the team chemistry, it appears these guys support each other and are happy to be a Bengal.

Reiff shut down Suh and D'Ante had a fantastic game besides the one whiff, he recovered the fumble and was pissed at himself.

Really like the way D'Ante plays with that fire and intensity. Think he could be a great one. Carman was solid. Hill was okay besides
one bad snap but as usual cannot be moved with THAT anchor. Really like our rookie OL.

The D looked great all night pretty much against a very deep offensive team. All their QB's could be starters on a lot of teams.

Brady, Gabbert, Trask. Best QB group in the NFL of any team IMO.
Reply/Quote