Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread***
(08-11-2019, 12:29 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: And get rid of driskels sorry ass. He proved last year he doesnt have what it takes.

I agree.  I want him gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:25 AM)Joelist Wrote: When the OL gets zero push and got dominated in the run game all night? 

Mixon led the AFC in rushing last year with a crappy O line.  And the O line looked competent when the first team was briefly in.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:30 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm sure the Ohio connection appealed to MB.  And as you point out, there were a lot more desirable openings than us.  So we may not have had a ton of choices either.  But I like the fact that they picked a young, motivated coach, even if there is going to be a learning curve.   

Right, I like ZT just fine but I also recognize he's learning on the job and he's in over his head AND he's working for an organization known for leaving employees twisting in the proverbial wind.  Whew.
Reply/Quote
Dalton looked sharp except for that play action to Malone he underthrew. That was an easy 6
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, I like ZT just fine but I also recognize he's learning on the job and he's in over his head AND he's working for an organization known for leaving employees twisting in the proverbial wind.  Whew.

They kept Marvin for 16 years.  Hopefully they give Taylor time to grow.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They kept Marvin for 16 years.  Hopefully they give Taylor time to grow.

I imagine they will, and it makes sense to.  Then again, we are all so into this "new dey" idea that keeping a HC for year after year may fly out the window, too.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They kept Marvin for 16 years.  Hopefully they give Taylor time to grow.

Tom Coughlin years ago questioned if ANY coach could win here the way the management team was.

There's a chance that ZT is a good HC and can't win here.

This offseason and the way free agency was handled may set the team back a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I imagine they will, and it makes sense to.  Then again, we are all so into this "new dey" idea that keeping a HC for year after year may fly out the window, too.

With the age of the core, and the past history of ineptness here...I'd say ZT has a couple years to turn things around or we're looking at a big rebuild.

How does a rebuild differ from what we've seen the past 3 years? Well that's hard to say.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not worried about Simmons.  He will clean it up.  

Agreed. We have a group of guys in the game that are just trying to make the team. Most of the guys projected to make the 53-Man roster were already not going to play in the second half
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:34 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Dalton looked sharp except for that play action to Malone he underthrew.  That was an easy 6

Dalton looked great. Confident. His throws were pretty damn accurate. I thought for sure that was 6 to Malone, but as you said, it was under thrown. He had plenty of time in the pocket, just one of those he has to hit. Thankfully, we were able to score. Funny thing is, the DB was able to get back, but still only managed half a hand on it. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. McVay also got to sign and trade for a bunch of talented players.

ZT got Webb, Wynn, Jerry, Miller, and guys like that.

Totally different commitments to winning from their owners.
Exactly!!! I don't care who the coaches are. MB has no clue how to go about building this team. The man hates change an the unkown person.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How about the second team offense and Driskel playing so poorly? I thought he was a QB guru?????

Totally agree. Everything outside of the first team offense was embarrassingly bad. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With the age of the core, and the past history of ineptness here...I'd say ZT has a couple years to turn things around or we're looking at a big rebuild.

How does a rebuild differ from what we've seen the past 3 years? Well that's hard to say.

A true rebuild will essentially purge the high cap eaters and do what the Browns have done, which is keep rolling over $20+ mill cap each year until they get a good foundation again.

For example:
Browns adjusted cap this year = $245m
Bengals adjusted cap this year = $196m
---------------------------------------------
Difference = +$49 mill
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote