Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread***
I'm liking me some Finley
Reply/Quote
Can Finley just be named the backup so he can Drickel's practice reps.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They screamed at you?  In person, or in all caps on the internet?  Anyway, it's too soon to tell, and you can't tell from preseason.  

There’s a fine line twixt droll and corny, and you’re straddling it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:49 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I've been a Bengals fan for over 30 years too so I get it  But there's always the chance you may be pleasantly surprised.  

I was unpleasantly surprised at how bad they looked tonight, that's for sure.  Hopefully they are playing possum and running the "unflavored iced milk" scheme.  Not even vanilla should look this bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: True Bonnie, but  a team coming off a number losing seasons can lose themselves quickly in preseason. Winning is not as important as playing good fundamental football. This has been ugly, turnovers, penalties and poor blocking and tackling. They were manhandled other than the 1st team offense.

I want to see how they respond in the 4th quarter of this game and then next week's game. Again, way to early to overreact, but this team has stuggled the past 3 years, I saw nothing tonight (other than AD and 1st drive) to give me confidence this team will be better.

Good news is Finley looks like a NFL QB thus far which is promising since Driskel does not.

All good points.  Driskel looked like garbage.  
Reply/Quote
OK lets kick Driskel down the totem pole a notch for Game 2 please
Reply/Quote
Interesting they have Dugas out at LT.
Reply/Quote
Special team tonight have been atrocious.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if we'll see Dolegala (sic)
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There’s a fine line twixt droll and corny, and you’re straddling it.
[Image: 18-2v0bwc8.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There’s a fine line twixt droll and corny, and you’re straddling it.

I'm a grandmother.  I can be corny if I want.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Decent scrub drive. Finley is immediately better than Driskell simply by dint of having at least SOME touch on his passes.

He is also handling blitz packages, something Dalton is great at as well. I know many wanted Mack Brown over Finley pick, but a QB (even a short time back up) is more valuable than a LB with a normal much shorter NFL life in my opinion.

Finley was accurate, poised and confident thus far and great drive.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:53 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm a grandmother.  I can be corny if I want.  

In today's world of cliched "sassy grandma" tropes, I welcome such things.  Seriously, every grandma has to be sassy now.  It's like people are afraid to show anything but a grandma who rides a motorcycle.  Gee.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Interesting they have Dugas out at LT.

Dugas had a lot of series at LT so far.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:52 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: OK lets kick Driskel down the totem pole a notch for Game 2 please

Or we could tell him to pack up his shit and go.  
Reply/Quote
And we're back to painful to watch defensive play.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: All good points.  Driskel looked like garbage.  

(08-10-2019, 11:52 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: OK lets kick Driskel down the totem pole a notch for Game 2 please

I can't imagine going into the regular season with Driskel as our backup.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Or we could tell him to pack up his shit and go.  

Works for me
Reply/Quote
Driskell should be cut immediately after this game.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I do not want to overreact to a preseason game, but ZT's defense and special teams look worse than last year.

I hope I am wrong, but other than AD and the first team offense, this team was not ready to play this game

When you change most of your coaching staff out and hire a guy as HC who was a QB coach last year and an Assistant WR Coach 2 seasons ago...that's always a risk.
Reply/Quote