Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread***
(08-10-2019, 11:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In today's world of cliched "sassy grandma" tropes, I welcome such things.  Seriously, every grandma has to be sassy now.  It's like people are afraid to show anything but a grandma who rides a motorcycle.  Gee.

I've got nothing against motorcycles and I love football, so I'm not completely cliche.  And like a lot of you, I've been around here and the previous board long enough not to give a crap if somebody doesn't like what I post.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: And we're back to painful to watch defensive play.

We should have went with an experience DC like Del Rio.

But...it's preseason. That said, they didn't address glaring weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
A lot of fans wanted to dismiss lack of success last year by Driskel due the injuries which is fair.

But, he showed again tonight. He can't read defenses and as important his accuracy is horrid.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Who was that? The d lineman that steam rolled over the guy?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When you change most of your coaching staff out and hire a guy as HC who was a QB coach last year and an Assistant WR Coach 2 seasons ago...that's always a risk.

Yeah, we are buying in early on ZT and company so I'm optimistic but expecting some growing pains.  It's like the Bengals are K Mart and the Rams are Wal Mart.  We wanted some of that Wal Mart magic so we hired a regional manager from Wal Mart to be our CEO and we are hoping for the best.

Or it's like we sold our stock in a ho-hum business and invested in a start-up in a garage and we are hoping they're going to grow into something better than the ho-hum business into which we have invested for 16 years.  Yeah...like that.
Reply/Quote
How are we ever gonna pressure the QB without Geno in the game? Defense is atrocious. No pressure, mixed tackles, wide open receivers. Seems like deja vu all over again. Granted, a lot of important guys were out tonight, but still. A whole lotta tightening up to do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Driskell should be cut immediately after this game.

This is his what? 3rd year here.

Hard to believe he's made it this long.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 11:57 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Works for me

He cannot be our backup this year.  Even if we have to go out and find a veteran who has been cut, then that's what we have to do.
Reply/Quote
Hey! We didn't muff it!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We should have went with an experience DC like Del Rio.

But...it's preseason. That said, they didn't address glaring weaknesses.

The problem is everyone knows how bad this D is, which is why nobody wanted to come here.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, we are buying in early on ZT and company so I'm optimistic but expecting some growing pains.  It's like the Bengals are K Mart and the Rams are Wal Mart.  We wanted some of that Wal Mart magic so we hired a regional manager from Wal Mart to be our CEO and we are hoping for the best.

Or it's like we sold our stock in a ho-hum business and invested in a start-up in a garage and we are hoping they're going to grow into something better than the ho-hum business into which we have invested for 16 years.  Yeah...like that.

Yep. Some fans on the board act like ZT is McVay and created the Rams offense. Just being around someone doesn't make you become them.

MB was around Paul Brown for years and has been a terrible GM.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He cannot be our backup this year.  Even if we have to go out and find a veteran who has been cut, then that's what we have to do.

What are all the QBs who backed up the starters on ZT's Dolphins and Rams teams up to?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans wanted to dismiss lack of success last year by Driskel due the injuries which is fair.

But, he showed again tonight. He can't read defenses and as important his accuracy is horrid.

I've never seen a lot of Driskel dismissing going on.  I think most people know him for exactly what he is.     
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:04 AM)Joelist Wrote: Hey! We didn't muff it!

We nailed it! Best ST play all day.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, we are buying in early on ZT and company so I'm optimistic but expecting some growing pains.  It's like the Bengals are K Mart and the Rams are Wal Mart.  We wanted some of that Wal Mart magic so we hired a regional manager from Wal Mart to be our CEO and we are hoping for the best.

Didn't K Mart go out of business?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans wanted to dismiss lack of success last year by Driskel due the injuries which is fair.

It's pretty clear he's not an accurate thrower and that's probably not going to improve. It was pretty clear last year too.
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample has been trash at receiver in this game
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

Injuries had nothing to do with him missing guys by three pinto's, a vega and two gremlins.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:04 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The problem is everyone knows how bad this D is, which is why nobody wanted to come here.

Which is why you sign some LB's in free agency like LJ Fort.

Option 2 is to do nothing in free agency and hope rookies fix the issue.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What are all the QBs who backed up the starters on ZT's Dolphins and Rams teams up to?

Probably bagging groceries at Wal-Mart...I mean K-Mart.
Reply/Quote