Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 1) ***Buccaneers @ Bengals - GameDay Thread***
Saw some good, saw some bad. Willis, Billings, and Smith made some plays on D. Mixon has some moves for sure. O-line did better than I figured they would. Ogbuehi still has me worried though. On to the next game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think Elliott looked better and has more potential.  We know Bullock's stats.  He's average to below average. 

Hilarious Hilarious

Bullock is the 32nd Most Accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY... why do we not like those stats?  There's only been 31 kickers in like 100 years with stats that are less than a few percentage points higher.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jesus Christ, shut up man.

What are you, his mother?

Lol Truck everyone has their favorite players. I mean I wouldn't pick a kicker but hey whatever gets him going lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Saw some good, saw some bad. Willis, Billings, and Smith made some plays on D. Mixon has some moves for sure. O-line did better than I figured they would. Ogbuehi still has me worried though. On to the next game

I'm pumped about the game.  O-Line was solid for the first game, especially with all of the swapping of pre-season personnel packages.

I'm still staying optimistic for Ogbuehi, too...
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:38 PM)BoBengal Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious

Bullock is the 32nd Most Accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY... why do we not like those stats?  There's only been 31 kickers in like 100 years with stats that are less than a few percentage points higher.

Nugent is 37....with a .5% worse kicking percentage...both are low 80s and that's not good....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:38 PM)BoBengal Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious

That's a crazy ass, meaningless stat for someone who hasn't played a full season since 2014 and only started playing in 2013.

In 2013, with Houston, he was 26 for 35 on FGA.  
In 2014, wth Houston, He was 30 for 35 on FGA.  He made all his extra points both those years but those stats are not great.
In 2015, He played 8 games for the Jets and 3 games for Houston. So he played a total of 11 games.  He was 14 of 17 FGA for Houston and 5 of 6 FGA for the Jets.  

In extra points, he was 19 of 20 for the Jets and 3 of 5 for Houston.
In 2016, he played in a total of 5 games for three different teams, the Giants, Steelers, and Bengals.  For the Giants, he made no field goal attempts and was 2 of 3 on extra points.  For the Steelers, he played one game and made all his kicks.  3 of 3 field goals.  1 of 1 XP.  For the Bengals, he played three games.  He was 5 of 6 in field goals and 6 of 6 in XP.  

2014 was his last full season.  

That's not a great kicker.
Reply/Quote
So can we call Dennard a bust yet?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 10:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wow seafood festival in Newport/Covington, sounds horrible

It's the complete opposite of horrible.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol Truck everyone has their favorite players. I mean I wouldn't pick a kicker but hey whatever gets him going lol

Maybe Elliott will be my favorite player.  He has a great story.  From walk-on in high school to breaking Stephen Gostkowski's records in college.  

And my favorite player was Whitworth, so I need a new one.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:51 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So can we call Dennard a bust yet?

Let's wait til game 1 when Adam Jones is out.
Reply/Quote
Happy to see the team. Seems we have some pass rushers. Looking forward to seeing the defensive starters pick it up next week.
Reply/Quote
After hearing Marvin talk about Mixon with barely restrained giddiness, I was anxious to see him in action. So, yeah, I see what he's talking about. The kid can play.

And then Duke talked about him with that same tone. They are practically wetting themselves over this guy.

Jeremy looked pretty good but Joe just looks like a different animal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:57 PM)McC Wrote: After hearing Marvin talk about Mixon with barely restrained giddiness, I was anxious to see him in action.   So, yeah,  I see what he's talking about.  The kid can play.

And then Duke talked about him with that same tone.  They are practically wetting themselves over this guy.

Agree.  I hope they use him.
Reply/Quote
Did Burfict even try tonight? Not a single flag, geeze
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:07 PM)treee Wrote: Its probably bad form to bring a 2nd punter to the 2nd preseason game (idk when the first cuts are), but I'm not opposed to some competition for Huber.

I thought I heard someone say that there are no cuts until after the last game of the preseason. I might have misheard and it was during a different game earlier today on NFLN but I could have sworn I heard it.

If that's true, that's not good for good players who get cut and won't get a chance on a different team.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:25 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I thought I heard someone say that there are no cuts until after the last game of the preseason. I might have misheard and it was during a different game earlier today on NFLN but I could have sworn I heard it.

If that's true, that's not good for good players who get cut and won't get a chance on a different team.

Yup its true. Owners voted on that back in the spring. The rosters will be cut down from 90 to 53 the Sunday afternoon after the last preseason game.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/23/15680812/nfl-rule-change-roster-cuts-2017
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:57 PM)McC Wrote: After hearing Marvin talk about Mixon with barely restrained giddiness, I was anxious to see him in action.   So, yeah,  I see what he's talking about.  The kid can play.

And then Duke talked about him with that same tone.  They are practically wetting themselves over this guy.

We could have the next AP on our hands. You never know...and I just have a gut feeling he's going to be special. I didn't feel that way when we drafted Gio or Hill. Mixon is just a better prospect than those 2 were.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Doodoo route by LaFell on that pick, by the way.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 11:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol Truck everyone has their favorite players. I mean I wouldn't pick a kicker but hey whatever gets him going lol

lol see the post above your response, for instance...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote