Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Cowboys - GameDay Thread***
(08-18-2018, 10:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: A test? It seemed more like they wanted to get him decapitated  Whatever

Hell of a catch though 

Agreed

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 10:19 PM)thillan Wrote: I'd just like to ask just to start a discussion (not trying to say Driskel is #1):

For those who still want Andy to start (which I'm not against), how does your eye test tell you he's better than Driskel?

Driskel isnt playing againt a starting defense. 
Reply/Quote
Whodey think gonna beat our backups? NOOOOOOOOOOBOOOODDY!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 10:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Drisoss

Rosskell?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 10:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Drisoss

That sounds like an STD.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Darrius Phillips looks to be an exciting return guy. The down side is that he has been really bad in practice getting spun around like a top. Given we have Erickson it will be interesting to see if he sticks. It’s not like we need a backup return guy. But damn...
Reply/Quote
Half of the Dallas Cowboys team including members on the bench or surrounding tate
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 10:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not if trading for the LT came after a year where you let your All-Pro LT walk and tried replacing him with Ogbuehi.

They needed OL help BEFORE Whit left, and Whit > Glenn, and you lost Zeitler, meaning upgrading your C position still isn't a net positive... so that still puts you behind the 2016 OL, which needed help.

If you had $3 and need $2 more in 2016, and in 2017 I take $2 away from you leaving you with $1... giving you $2 in 2018 doesn't mean you reached your original $5 goal. You're still short $2, just like you were in 2016. (The $ in this lame analogy is good starters on the OL.)

Everyone on the planet knew they needed more OL help, and everyone on the planet (besides apparently the Bengals FO and those chugging the kool aid hard) knew that Hart was a terrible player. (He was the Giant's Ogbuehi last year.) This is just like last year when everyone besides those two aforementioned groups knew Ogbuehi at LT was a terrible idea.

And they drafted two tackles in the first and second rounds the prior season.  Did those picks work out?  No.  But you cannot state they are ignoring the issue.  Had those two picks worked out, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Whit IS better than Glenn.  That was never a question.  But Whit was butt hurt his contract was only extended for one season and then allowed to expire.  He decided when he hit FA that he was not going to re-sign here, regardless of the Bengals offer.  This comes from football insiders (Pat Kirwan, to be exact).  So it doesn't matter if he is better than Glenn.  Being proactive and attempting to prepare the team for the future and not be handcuffed in the future failed to bear the desired results.

Additionally, I agree with letting Zeitler walk.  He is overpaid and not as good as the contract he wanted.  In their limited snaps at RG last season, both Westerman and Redmond seem to be perfectly capable replacements.  Also I am surprised that you seem to state that moving on from Bodine and drafting Price isn't a positive because Zeitler is gone.
Reply/Quote
Oh Christ it's Barkley
Reply/Quote
And he still almost caught the ball
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Lol barkley theew that before he looked to see if wr was even open wtf
Reply/Quote
Seriously...... we could've had another false start there
Reply/Quote
Thanks Dallas!
Reply/Quote
Get the laundry out time
Reply/Quote
Barkley? Really?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 10:25 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Oh Christ it's Barkley

Oh barkleys in no wonder 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 10:26 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Lol driskel theew that before he looked to see if wr was even open wtf

That was Barkley 
Reply/Quote
Man, Barkley is really bad. I’m hoping McCarron gets cut so we can resign him.
Reply/Quote
Johnson with the tackle!!
Reply/Quote
Lots of Cowboy injuries tonight?

Reply/Quote