• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Giants - GameDay Thread***
Cincinnati Bengals   vs   New York Giants
Sunday, August 21th, 2022 at 7:00 PM
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
Announce Crew: Mike Watts, Anthony Munoz, Marisa Contipelli

[Image: usRuUeJ.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hoping for a big night from Volson! NY blitzed the hell out of New England last week so I'm hoping they do the same to us tonight to see how the protection fares. Wink is probably still a little salty from when Burrow ripped his secondary a new one last year.
Reply/Quote
Is this going to be televised anywhere? I have got to figure out how to watch my hometown Bengals out here in Bronco country.

I've done pretty well with streams until last season. They definitely were not the same, so I would watch them on Youtube after the fact. I am not doing that this season though and I plan on requesting off every Bengals game day. Will be interesting to see if all those young 20 something nurses I work with are still Bengals fans this year.

Something tells me they are not. : )
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 02:31 PM)BengalB Wrote: Is this going to be televised anywhere? I have got to figure out how to watch my hometown Bengals out here in Bronco country.

I've done pretty well with streams until last season. They definitely were not the same, so I would watch them on Youtube after the fact. I am not doing that this season though and I plan on requesting off every Bengals game day. Will be interesting to see if all those young 20 something nurses I work with are still Bengals fans this year.

It is on NFL network 7PM eastern

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 02:31 PM)BengalB Wrote: Is this going to be televised anywhere? I have got to figure out how to watch my hometown Bengals out here in Bronco country.

It's on NFL Network nationally.  Funny you mentioned the Broncos, my mom is a huge Denver fan and was psyched their game was going to be on NFL Network yesterday, but they pulled their typical shenanigans and aired the Detroit/Indy game instead.  They seem to do that a lot, so here's hoping they actually show it in your area.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 05:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's on NFL Network nationally.  Funny you mentioned the Broncos, my mom is a huge Denver fan and was psyched their game was going to be on NFL Network yesterday, but they pulled their typical shenanigans and aired the Detroit/Indy game instead.  They seem to do that a lot, so here's hoping they actually show it in your area.  

only 1 other game tonite (Ravens-Cards) and it starts later than our game

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: only 1 other game tonite (Ravens-Cards) and it starts later than our game

I'm aware, but that doesn't guarantee anything, unfortunately.  Last week, instead of showing the scheduled Buffalo live game they had advertised, they showed a tape delay of another game from the previous night.  

Just glad I can see it locally and don't have to rely on NFLN.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just a heads up for those watching on NFLN, they’re using the Giants feed so expect a Giants centric broadcast.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Based on pregame warmups, it looks like this is the starting offense<br><br>QB: Brandon Allen<br>RB: Chris Evans ⁰<br>WR: Mike Thomas, Stanley Morgan, Trent Taylor⁰<br>TE: Thad Moss⁰<br>LT: Hakeem Adeniji<br>⁰LG: Cordell Volson⁰<br>C: Trey Hill<br>RG: Lamont Gaillard<br>⁰RT: D’Ante Smith</p>&mdash; Charlie Goldsmith (@CharlieG__) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1561480918568689664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 21, 2022</a></blockquote>

Reply/Quote
PBS looks small compared to Met Life Stadium.
Reply/Quote
If the Giants can't smoke the Bengals tonight they are in bad shape. Giants playing starters, Bengals playing 2nd and 3rd string guys.

I do approve of this approach though. Absolutely no reason to risk injury in a meaningless game.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 07:50 PM)Bengalion Wrote: PBS looks small compared to Met Life Stadium.

Metlife looks like a giant toilet bowl
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 07:36 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Based on pregame warmups, it looks like this is the starting offense<br><br>QB: Brandon Allen<br>RB: Chris Evans ⁰<br>WR: Mike Thomas, Stanley Morgan, Trent Taylor⁰<br>TE: Thad Moss⁰<br>LT: Hakeem Adeniji<br>⁰LG: Cordell Volson⁰<br>C: Trey Hill<br>RG: Lamont Gaillard<br>⁰RT: D’Ante Smith</p>&mdash; Charlie Goldsmith (@CharlieG__) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1561480918568689664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 21, 2022</a></blockquote>

Well I was kind of hoping Allen wouldn't play. I'd like to get a decent look at Plitt. Hopefully he gets in a bit earlier. A couple of interesting things to watch on the oline. Volson and Smith will be interesting. Hopefully Trey looks better at center but I have a bad feeling about Adeniji at LT. 
Reply/Quote
Going to speak a lot to our depth and coaching if we can keep it close against their starters. Or speak a lot to how awful the Giants are.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 07:36 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Based on pregame warmups, it looks like this is the starting offense<br><br>QB: Brandon Allen<br>RB: Chris Evans ⁰<br>WR: Mike Thomas, Stanley Morgan, Trent Taylor⁰<br>TE: Thad Moss⁰<br>LT: Hakeem Adeniji<br>⁰LG: Cordell Volson⁰<br>C: Trey Hill<br>RG: Lamont Gaillard<br>⁰RT: D’Ante Smith</p>&mdash; Charlie Goldsmith (@CharlieG__) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlieG__/status/1561480918568689664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 21, 2022</a></blockquote>

Good to see D'Ante playing
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will Daniel Jones play today?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 08:05 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Will Daniel Jones play today?

Supposed to

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 06:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm aware, but that doesn't guarantee anything, unfortunately.  Last week, instead of showing the scheduled Buffalo live game they had advertised, they showed a tape delay of another game from the previous night.  

Just glad I can see it locally and don't have to rely on NFLN.

Yes

It says Bengals on my NFLN but they're showing Browns game from earlier.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 08:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

It says Bengals on my NFLN but they're showing Browns game from earlier.

Are you watching NFLN on a Cable provider?

Reply/Quote
Dax Hill all over the place.
Reply/Quote