Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ WFT - GameDay Thread***
(08-21-2021, 12:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: Don't forget Yukon Moose Cholak, Dick the Bruiser and other classics.

How about Abdullah the butcher . He gave like 30 guys hepatitis.. His head looks like it has road ditches in it , he has bladed so long.. 
Reply/Quote
I’m out, it’s been fun y’all. See ya tomorrow for the ***** fest!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It IS the same guy! Big Grin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Farmer_(wrestler)

(Trust me, I'm probably the only person on the planet who liked WCW over WW and I've always been a GARGANTUAN nWo fan)

I'm telling you, that skinny dumbass in IPW "wrestling in the backroom of a K-Mart" is NOT the same Jeff Farmer as fake Sting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
you guys all like Brooklyn Brawler
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We've come full circle when I point out a Tugboat heel turn on Hogan was to be the main even of WrestleMania VII before Slaughter came back and turned heel, instead.  

Slaughter got the title off warrior.. Savage hit him in the head with that scepter... I alway thought that was the plan. No way tugboat was gonna main event WM.. Slaughter got stabbed people hated him so bad for that heel turn. Death threats the whole 9..
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:08 AM)bonesaw Wrote: you guys all like Brooklyn Brawler

I think I was sitting in a classroom in grad school 10+ years after seeing Brooklyn Brawler for the last time when it dawned on me that the BROOKLYN Brawler wore Yankees gear because he wanted to start fights with people.

As a guy who wears Bengals stuff in Steelers country, I can relate.  I also never win, much like Mr. Brawler.
Reply/Quote
Think Scary Sherri would have made a better cheerleader?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Good

- pretty much the entire defense

- Carman played with a lot of nasty

- Patrick probably made the team

- McPherson is gonna be a weapon

The bad

- Cam Sample injury

- Chase 3 drops on 3 targets. Disappointing after a bunch of good days in TC

The Ugly

- Every time one of our QB’s tried to throw the ball…

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:10 AM)Tony Wrote: Slaughter got the title off warrior.. Savage hit him in the head with that scepter... I alway thought that was the plan. No way tugboat was gonna main event WM.. Slaughter got stabbed people hated him so bad for that heel turn. Death threats the whole 9..

Meh, don't believe everything Vince McMahon tries to sell ya...but we're going down a rabbit hole, here.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Think Scary Sherri would have made a better cheerleader?

I think Uncle Elmer would make a better QB than anyone on our team not name Burrow...and Burrow is so injured only Cowboy Bob Orton milked an injury longer!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:08 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m out, it’s been fun y’all. See ya tomorrow for the ***** fest!

I predict the will we regret the Chase pick thread to remain completely rational and totally civil lol.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:08 AM)bonesaw Wrote: you guys all like Brooklyn Brawler
Steve Lombardi who played the brawler also played Abe Knuckle ball swartz...
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:06 AM)Tony Wrote: You seem like a man that knows his wrestling.. Natural disasters were awesome...

I know little post-invasion (and most of what I do know, it's because my best friend still watched WW religiously, until about 2009ish). Prior to the invasion, I watched Raw (on replay) here every Tuesday, from 4-6 and Nitro every Wednesday, from 3:40-6:00 (we got out of school at 3:30)

Watch shoot interviews almost daily.

(08-21-2021, 12:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s not the same guy

Look elsewhere besides Wikipedia

Well I'll be; I always thoguht he was the same guy, for years (and it had nothing to do with Wikipedia).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, don't believe everything Vince McMahon tries to sell ya...but we're going down a rabbit hole, here.

I remember Tugboat turning . Now that u mention it, I watched a video on this..
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: it dawned on me that the BROOKLYN Brawler wore Yankees gear because he wanted to start fights with people.

Or, ya know

He was from Brooklyn New York..
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:18 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Or, ya know

He was from Brooklyn New York..

I think the joke was that he was from Dodger territory, as in he was a bit of an anachronistic character from the 50s or something. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the joke was that he was from Dodger territory, as in he was a bit of an anachronistic character from the 50s or something. 

I think you are looking too deep into it lol
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:23 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think you are looking too deep into it lol

I think I'm looking the right amount of deep into it: somewhat, but not much.
Reply/Quote
Well I was worried about what I might miss by going to the Reds game tonight and at page 20 I just had to give up on this thread as I tried to read what I missed.

The team isn't in mid-season form, but the gameday threads are on point.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 12:42 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well I was worried about what I might miss by going to the Reds game tonight and at page 20 I just had to give up on this thread as I tried to read what I missed.

The team isn't in mid-season form, but the gameday threads are on point.

It isn't bad as usual that is for sure. Mellow
Reply/Quote