Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Chiefs @ Bengals - GameDay Thread***
(08-19-2017, 11:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I honestly have more faith in Jackson turning them around than Marvin leading us to a playoff win.

We've lost A LOT of talent in free agency the past 2 offseasons. A LOT. People underestimate it because we drafted 2 flash skill players.

I said the same thing in a prediction thread and had people saying I was crazy to think we'd be worse then last year with the players we drafted, but the reality on that field tonight was this team is in trouble. Pre-season or not, that was ugly. Bad tackling, bad O-Line, bad D-line...this has potential to be a very bad season, but the good news is if the team finishes with 3 or 4 wins and behind Cleveland it may just spell the end of Lewis here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I said the same thing in a prediction thread and had people saying I was crazy to think we'd be worse then last year with the players we drafted, but the reality on that field tonight was this team is in trouble. Pre-season or not, that was ugly. Bad tackling, bad O-Line, bad D-line...this has potential to be a very bad season, but the good news is if the team finishes with 3 or 4 wins and behind Cleveland it may just spell the end of Lewis here.

Good news? I want it this year! I was so disappointed tonight I can pretty much tell it aint happening. Why can't we get it right? Why is the defense so flamboyant? Why is the offense so undependable? You nailed it. Lewis! Got to go. Good Lord, take the rest of those coaches with you. I tell you what, we have bad medicine in our pharmacy.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I said the same thing in a prediction thread and had people saying I was crazy to think we'd be worse then last year with the players we drafted, but the reality on that field tonight was this team is in trouble. Pre-season or not, that was ugly. Bad tackling, bad O-Line, bad D-line...this has potential to be a very bad season, but the good news is if the team finishes with 3 or 4 wins and behind Cleveland it may just spell the end of Lewis here.

Hopefully. But that didn't exactly happen last time, either. Marv got his extension after 2010 and as we all know that lead to the most awkward press conference in human history.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good news? I want it this year! I was so disappointed tonight I can pretty much tell it aint happening. Why can't we get it right? Why is the defense so flamboyant? Why is the offense so undependable? You nailed it. Lewis! Got to go. Good Lord, take the rest of those coaches with you. I tell you what, we have bad medicine in our pharmacy.

I hope whoever replaces Marv (I guess, IF anybody ever replaces Marv) get the opportunity to pick their own assistant coaches. I'm all in favor of a complete overhaul of the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I hope whoever replaces Marv (I guess, IF anybody ever replaces Marv) get the opportunity to pick their own assistant coaches. I'm all in favor of a complete overhaul of the coaching staff.

Ten fold. This shit was ridiculous tonight. I know we are supposed to be watching player development, however the main thing that shined tonight was inability of coaching, We plain sucked bad tonight. Players are misguided and undisciplined. Not even going to get into his lack of intelligence as a human being. How long can you suck at clock management? How long can you just plain suck? He's great at the draft, but its like buying a new car and buffing it with sandpaper. These kids would have better careers elsewhere.

Reply/Quote
50 More Years of Futility
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good lord! I'm still to lazy to change the channel. Watching Judge Judy. I hate that HO! Remote is 3 inches from my hand, but too busy typing how much I hate that ho! Wait....  I think I need a beer 5 ft away in the fridge. MOTIVATION!

My favorite Judge Judy moment is on Youtube.  Two families fighting over the same dog, so she tells the ones who have the dog to put it down and it immediately runs to the other family, so she let the dog decide.  
Reply/Quote
Did anyone watch Lewis's post game news conference?
Reply/Quote
WTH is wrong with this team. Evrything about it tonight was bad. Dalton was off, at least put the ball where Green can try to make a play, shit you think he would have that figured out by now. The line sucks, no surprise, the D is a freakin joke, cant tackle, cant cover, cant get pressure. Its pre season, nobody should be this upset about a pre season game but this team found a way. Nothing, absolutely nothing to build on. Erickson looks like the only consistent players and he will most likely get cut knowing these coaches. This D cord is a joke. We have good players. Im convinced the problem with this team is coaching. Its their job to make sure we have the right players for their system, so either every player sucks, or its the coaching. The sad thing is, even if Marvin is gone at the end of the season his replacement will be a coach from within. OL/DL the first 2 rounds might be the direction we should have gone like most thought we would.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why practice tackling? Anything they do probably works in practice against our terrible offensive line.

I'm pretty sure Guenther is stunned.

If they practice tackling this week I guarantee 2 players end up on IR.
Reply/Quote
Well shit! I guess everyone in heres passed out.
Reply/Quote
Good thing they drafted anything but oline right? That mess don't need hell
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 09:46 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How in the Hell can our linebacking crew be this bad?  Seriously.  Our defensive Coordinator was promoted from the Linebackers coaching position.  Yet year after year after year, Linebacker is by far the worst position on this entire team.

Don't forget our Guru LB head coach.
Reply/Quote
Pre-season. Not really worried. Moving on.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote