Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 3) ***Giants @ Bengals - GameDay Thread***
(08-22-2019, 10:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I guess you're right.  But I also add that if he does not finish the season relatively healthy and catch the ball they should move on.

Agreed. But they seem fine with just letting him coast by for now. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The run game needs a set line. Time to make some decisions and let them gel.

The rotation has gone on long enough. Point noted. There was a competition.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 09:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I remember some Bengals fans hoping we drafted Haskins.

What a bunch of maroons.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

He hasn’t even played a game that counts yet lol

I have no dog in the fight wrt Haskins, but it’s a little early to write him off, no?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He hasn’t even played a game that counts yet lol

I have no dog in the fight wrt Haskins, but it’s a little early to write him off, no?

No doubt
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 10:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Scouts know him already, I have no doubt.

Tough to take a QB off someone's PS, of course didn't we do that with Driskel. If so not a great endorsement

Willis and Jake for President..woohoo

If someone takes him off the PS, they have to put him on the active roster. I would be astounded if someone did that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Taledega. Best Bengal Preseason QB since that dude that threw up on the field

I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet...but WHY hasn't anyone mentioned his number?! He has to be good based on that alone.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well, Bengaldom, the pass protection is improving slowly but the run blocking is beyond horrendous. There are no gaps and no holes to be found, period. I looked intently at the offensive line during the entire game, especially the first team offensive line, and I can’t figure this out like I usually can. The technique is better and there aren’t many holding calls so why can’t the line open up holes?

Usually it’s about leverage but this season the Bengals are keeping the pads low; they aren’t getting stood up and pushed around by the defensive line. All I can figure out is they aren’t directionally blocking yet. I see the line move forward instead of backwards which is good but I don’t see them trying to turn an opposing lineman away from the play.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Well, Bengaldom, the pass protection is improving slowly but the run blocking is beyond horrendous. There are no gaps and no holes to be found, period.  I looked intently at the offensive line during the entire game, especially the first team offensive line, and I can’t figure this out like I usually can.  The technique is better and there aren’t many holding calls so why can’t the line open up holes?  

Usually it’s about leverage but this season the Bengals are keeping the pads low; they aren’t getting stood up and pushed around by the defensive line.  All I can figure out is they aren’t directionally blocking yet.  I see the line move forward instead of backwards which is good but I don’t see them trying to turn an opposing lineman away from the play.

Easy there, Professor. You've not seen the starting 5 for an entire game. You've not seen Mixon and Gio for an entire game. You've not seen an attacking game plan for a particular opponent for an entire game. 

What you have seen is a bunch of basic, vanilla plays just to get through the preseason. Mostly run by a bunch of backups and some run by guys that aren't going to be wearing a Bengals jersey in a couple weeks. 

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Easy there, Professor. You've not seen the starting 5 for an entire game. You've not seen Mixon and Gio for an entire game. You've not seen an attacking game plan for a particular opponent for an entire game. 

What you have seen is a bunch of basic, vanilla plays just to get through the preseason. Mostly run by a bunch of backups and some run by guys that aren't going to be wearing a Bengals jersey in a couple weeks. 

I truly hope I am completely wrong and you are completely right!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Well, Bengaldom, the pass protection is improving slowly but the run blocking is beyond horrendous. There are no gaps and no holes to be found, period.  I looked intently at the offensive line during the entire game, especially the first team offensive line, and I can’t figure this out like I usually can.  The technique is better and there aren’t many holding calls so why can’t the line open up holes?  

Usually it’s about leverage but this season the Bengals are keeping the pads low; they aren’t getting stood up and pushed around by the defensive line.  All I can figure out is they aren’t directionally blocking yet.  I see the line move forward instead of backwards which is good but I don’t see them trying to turn an opposing lineman away from the play.

It's a concern without a doubt. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when the actual starters are set and we stop running vanilla O, and of course Mixon will cure a lot of the problems.
Reply/Quote
Defense looked terriable, even saw some of our starters falling down and missing assignments. Going to be along time before we see a defense as good as Zims. Should have promoted him to HC when we had the chance.
Reply/Quote