Saturday, August 27th, 2022 at 6:00 PM 
Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Mike Watts, Anthony Munoz, Marisa Contipelli

[Image: oNyIRXc.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Anxious to start. I missed last week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
really want to see how volson can step up in this game and how the def line guys perform.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:10 PM)Leon Wrote: really want to see how volson can step up in this game and how the def line guys perform.

If Cordell Volson plays tonight that means the LG competition is still ongoing. If he doesn't play that means he's been named starter.

I'd like to see the offensive linemen moved around a bit more this week like D'Ante Smith getting reps at both tackle spots instead of just RT. Jackson Carman both Guard spots and some reps at Tackle. If Gillard is healthy we can see Trey Hill at both guard spots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Has anyone wished for no injuries yet? I'll do that. Oh, and for both teams to have fun Joe
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I hope Volson plays maybe a series or 2 max. Let Carman get the reps. Volson has earned the starting spot.

I would also let Chrisman handle the punting and as long as he is good then he gets the job. They already know what they are getting with Huber.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: If Cordell Volson plays tonight that means the LG competition is still ongoing. If he doesn't play that means he's been named starter.

I'd like to see the offensive linemen moved around a bit more this week like D'Ante Smith getting reps at both tackle spots instead of just RT. Jackson Carman both Guard spots and some reps at Tackle. If Gillard is healthy we can see Trey Hill at both guard spots.

i figured even if he has already won the job they would still put him out for more reps? 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:30 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I hope Volson plays maybe a series or 2 max. Let Carman get the reps. Volson has earned the starting spot.

I would also let Chrisman handle the punting and as long as he is good then he gets the job. They already know what they are getting with Huber.

Nobody has earned the starting spot.

And this has nothing to do with PFF grade; his pressure numbers this PS have been alarming, with the most damage coming against PS/cut guys.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
All indications is that Dax Hill will not play tonite. He is doing pregame with the expected inactives.

Drew Sample is running sprints, hopefully a sign his knee is healing and will be ready to go in 2 weeks

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 05:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nobody has earned the starting spot.

im pretty sure that burrow is safe lol
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 05:23 PM)pally Wrote: All indications is that Dax Hill will not play tonite.  He is doing pregame with the expected inactives.

Drew Sample is running sprints, hopefully a sign his knee is healing and will be ready to go in 2 weeks

thanks for the info
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: If Cordell Volson plays tonight that means the LG competition is still ongoing. If he doesn't play that means he's been named starter.

I bet Volson plays tonight. I like what I have seen from him at times but he needs start playing good to earn the spot.

He hasn't played good enough to win it yet IMO. Play both Volson and Carman and give the best man the starting spot
or if both still aren't playing good bring in Ereck Flowers or trade for Isaiah Wynn. This would be my plan.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 05:23 PM)pally Wrote: All indications is that Dax Hill will not play tonite.  He is doing pregame with the expected inactives.

I would guess the same would be with Ossai, want him to be 100% against the Stealers coming off the bench in our rotation.

Ossai made a nice stop on 4th and 1 against the Giants early. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I bet Volson plays tonight. I like what I have seen from him at times but he needs start playing good to earn the spot.

He hasn't played good enough to win it yet IMO. Play both Volson and Carman and give the best man the starting spot
or if both still aren't playing good bring in Ereck Flowers or trade for Isaiah Wynn. This would be my plan.

Keep in mind there are still depth issues on the line....they can't sit everybody

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bengals OLs Cordell Volson, Jackson Carman both in uniform for tonight's preseason game against the Rams.</p>&mdash; Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1563638502562086919?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 27, 2022</a></blockquote>  

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote: Keep in mind there are still depth issues on the line....they can't sit everybody

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bengals OLs Cordell Volson, Jackson Carman both in uniform for tonight's preseason game against the Rams.</p>&mdash; Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1563638502562086919?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 27, 2022</a></blockquote>  

is volson starting
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 06:35 PM)Leon Wrote: is volson starting

he did not line up with the first team during warmups...so look to Carman to start

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 06:44 PM)pally Wrote: he did not line up with the first team during warmups...so look to Carman to start

ok thanks
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 05:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nobody has earned the starting spot.

And this has nothing to do with PFF grade; his pressure numbers this PS have been alarming, with the most damage coming against PS/cut guys.

Ok coach Taylor!

Joking aside, I hope they go with Volson. Carmans a second year player so if they are pretty equal then he should have the advantage being a second year guy. I hope they give Volson a shot because Carman was not good last year and hasn’t been great this spring either. Give the rookie a shot and see how he does.
Reply/Quote
Don’t know if anyone is watching on game pass but they had a static camera shot halfway up from the 50 and PBS really is one of the best looking stadiums in the league for all the moaning people do about it being a bit of a shed facilities wise.

Really wish they would rip the green seats out though and replace them with orange and black.
Reply/Quote
Who's starting today? Allen or Browning?
Reply/Quote