Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason is over
Week 4 is the equivalent of the 4 cancelled preseason games. Having a new young QB, so many draft picks needing to contribute, and with so many changes on defense, missing preseason was a big deal for this team. We've seen huge leaps in Joe Burrow's development, Tee Higgins is growing more confident. Yesterday gave us a real look at what this offense can be when everything is clicking. The defense can perform in short bursts, but they still have major consistency issues especially in the way too leaky run defense. Even still, they are better than they were last season.

Hopefully, we will continue to see improvement for the rest of the season. They aren't likely going to the playoffs at season end but, other than a few games (cough cough Ravens) they should be competitive.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:10 PM)pally Wrote: Week 4 is the equivalent of the 4 cancelled preseason games. Having a new young QB, so many draft picks needing to contribute, and with so many changes on defense, missing preseason was a big deal for this team. We've seen huge leaps in Joe Burrow's development, Tee Higgins is growing more confident. Yesterday gave us a real look at what this offense can be when everything is clicking. The defense can perform in short bursts, but they still have major consistency issues especially in the way too leaky run defense. Even still, they are better than they were last season.

Hopefully, we will continue to see improvement for the rest of the season. They aren't likely going to the playoffs at season end but, other than a few games (cough cough Ravens) they should be competitive.

Beyond truth; everyone seems to be playing with more cohesion and less tentativeness than in the early part of the season as well.

As CaptainObvious has said on Twitter since the beginning, there has been improvement every week, every game, every practice; we are not world beaters and will not have a guaranteed SB spot at the end of this season, but this is definitely a team on the rise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If we are looking at it from a snaps perspective, for most week 2 would have been the equivelant of a whole preseason.
Reply/Quote
Think if they had spent another 18m/year on oline and a lb instead of a glass, aged, 3 year injured wr.

Sucks they made such a bad decision. Wastes a year of burrow and they’re only gonna get 5 chances w him
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 03:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: If we are looking at it from a snaps perspective, for most week 2 would have been the equivelant of a whole preseason.

True.  And the short week made it even tougher....but they haven't "lost" since the 2nd week, either.  
Reply/Quote
Maybe Jags and Eagles are not bad teams we are just a little better
Reply/Quote
The Fleagles beat the 49ers yesterday, so there's that. A long shot though it is, I would LOVE to see the Bengals win at Baltimore next Sunday. No matter what happens though, the team is much better and more fun to watch than last year or even the year before.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 07:55 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The Fleagles beat the 49ers yesterday, so there's that. A long shot though it is, I would LOVE to see the Bengals win at Baltimore next Sunday. No matter what happens though, the team is much better and more fun to watch than last year or even the year before.

While I don't disagree at all, that 2018 offense was AWESOME to watch until AJ went down and Andy was lost for the year; we were carving teams up and that Atlanta game is still one of the most-entertaining Bengal games of the past decade.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:10 PM)pally Wrote: Week 4 is the equivalent of the 4 cancelled preseason games.  Having a new young QB, so many draft picks needing to contribute, and with so many changes on defense, missing preseason was a big deal for this team.   We've seen huge leaps in Joe Burrow's development, Tee Higgins is growing more confident.  Yesterday gave us a real look at what this offense can be when everything is clicking.  The defense can perform in short bursts, but they still have major consistency issues especially in the way too leaky run defense.  Even still, they are better than they were last season.

Hopefully, we will continue to see improvement for the rest of the season.  They aren't likely going to the playoffs at season end but, other than a few games (cough cough Ravens) they should be competitive.

Feel the same, I watched a different team yesterday that gave me much hope for the future. With Burrow playing as good as he is 
and the O-line improving we could make a run you never know. Been the weirdest year ever but the team looked to finally be playing
together as a unit and I saw improvement all across the board in a team that has been in every game so far against tough D fronts.

We will see how we handle the Ravens. Big test.
Reply/Quote
I was giving them through September to get over “preseason”, so they get one more game of growing pains, if they need it next week. They looked pretty dialed in yesterday though.

Next week “preseason” goals:
Get AJ and Geno going
Put a whole defensive game together, stop the run and rush the passer.
Win
Reply/Quote
I haven’t given up on AJ.If they can get AJ and Geno going,Bengals could make it a very competitive game against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Burrow throwing it, his attempts are too high. Forty four average per places him second overall in attempts, which will open him up to more injury chances. Gosh I hope we can be more balanced like last week.
Reply/Quote
It is our new tradition that when we draft a new QB, something will come long ad take out the off preseason.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote