Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason week 2) ***Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers*** (Game Day Thread)
What will you be looking for this week?

I'm going to be watching the 2nd string O-line closely, as well as the LB group.

I also think there is some good competition taking place at the back end of the WR and CB units.

There are a few guys that I'm intrigued by right now and want to see more of...Kumerow, DeShawn Williams, Troy Hill and Chris Carter.

And of course, it'll be interesting to see how McCarron looks.
Reply/Quote
I'll watch the game really to see McCarron and how he does. In case Andy gets hurt, helps to have a good backup QB.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 07:43 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'll watch the game really to see McCarron and how he does. In case Andy gets hurt, helps to have a good backup QB.

Yep, gonna be a lot of eyes on McCarron. He hasn't played in an actual game in quite awhile (Jan '14), so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. 
Reply/Quote
Preseason Game 3 is the game they stretch out the starters so they are ready for a full game at Oakland. Preseason Game 4 is a lot of nothing. Preseason Game 2 is some of these back-up players last chances to avoid getting cut. Who are you rooting for to step up and have a good game and make the team ??? What positions do you want improvement on in 2015 ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Better play from Boling

Something from Hunt

Reply/Quote
All of the WRs other than Green, Sanu, and Jones. Little and Moore both flashed in the last game, but it was against the dregs of one of the weakest DB corps in the league.

Same with DeShawn Williams and Hardison. Both look decent, but it was against the worst of a weak O-line corps that is struggling to even find decent starters.

Hunt

More production from Kroft and or Uzomah.

All the LBs other than Vincent Ray and Maualuga.
Reply/Quote
I'll be curious about Carter.
See how much hunger is in Hunt.
Wonder how hardy Hardison is going to be.
How much will will be in Williams.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I want to see...

- AJ McCarron
- Bodine not snap any balls over the QB's head
- Either Moore or Little force the coaches to move on from Tate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy looking sharp again.

More passes over the middle and up the seams to Eifert.

On the same note, double tight end sets with Uzomah and Kroft doing the same as above because it looked like it was going to be difficult enough for defenses to stop Eifert alone, so double that would be next to impossible.

I'd like to see Geno continue to look back to form and dominant, only better.

Our tackles opposite of Geno- Hardison, Sims, Williams- looking good enough to leave the coaches no choice but to unseat Peko.

Someone returning well enough to leave the coaches with no choice but to bench Tate.

Our center play because that's the most important spot on our line and the troubles with Bodine have me worried.

Our defensive ends getting pressure.

Those are the basics.
Reply/Quote
D-Line put pressure on the QB
Eifert continue to show he's a beast
McCarron
Reply/Quote
A back up IOL make a reach block and not look silly doing it.
Dan France actually play like the team is hyping him up.
Matt O'Donnell continue to get push on the ground.
Hardison play DT again and end this silly DE stuff.
Derron Smith and Dawson play more.
More Kumerow
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All of the WRs other than Green, Sanu, and Jones.  Little and Moore both flashed in the last game, but it was against the dregs of one of the weakest DB corps in the league.

Meh. Prince Akamura and DRC aren't a bad CB duo at all IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Prince Akamura and DRC aren't a bad CB duo at all IMO.

We're just spoiled. 
Giants CBs are fairly average. 
Reply/Quote
Same thing I've always wanted to see in the Andy Dalton era:
Seven-step drop, clean pocket, time to check down, mismatch, completion.

Has to happen sometime, right? Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Prince Akamura and DRC aren't a bad CB duo at all IMO.

Akamura was already out with an injury before the game started then during the game 4 more Giant DBs left with injuries.
Reply/Quote
I'll say McCarron......It's time he played in a preseason game....I hope he plays and I hope he plays good, but good may be expecting too much. It will be his first NFL reps ever. He needs to jump in the water and get his feet wet. He can't learn a thing on the bench......if he goes in and stinks, at least he will have got in his first NFL game. After 15 or 16 months since he was drafted, it's more than time for him to get in a game.

I also want to see depth at LB and WR.....I didn't think much of our depth in those areas in 2014.....but back-up QB to me is no small thing. Johnson got most of the reps in preseason game 1. It seems like he has the job, but I want to see more. A good game to play Dalton just a little and then look at the back-ups long and hard. Then play Dalton long in preseason game 3......68 starts in regular season and post season, he doesn't needs as much reps in preseason game 2.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Akamura was already out with an injury before the game started then during the game 4 more Giant DBs left with injuries.

Gotcha. I didn't get to see much of the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 01:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Preseason Game 3 is the game they stretch out the starters so they are ready for a full game at Oakland.  Preseason Game 4 is a lot of nothing. Preseason Game 2 is some of these back-up players last chances to avoid getting cut.  Who are you rooting for to step up and have a good game and make the team ??? What positions do you want improvement on  in 2015 ???

I want to see how McCarron does.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like others have said, I'd like to see more of the back-up receivers, the TE's other than Eifert, Carter, and the LB's, especially Johnson. Well, I guess the whole D-line too as I want to see some pressure on the QB.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
More Troy Hill

Kinda wish we had Newman just for this game so he could get vengeance for this:

[Image: wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif]
Reply/Quote