Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason week 3) ***Chicago Bears @ Cincinnati Bengals*** (Game Day Thread)
So, 2 preseason games in the books. One very good showing, the other...not so much. Thoughts on this week's game against da Bears?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:33 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, 2 preseason games in the books. One very good showing, the other...not so much. Thoughts on this week's game against da Bears?

I don't think we see much.  I think we see the first team about the same you would see in a typical first or fourth pre-season game.  Maybe 2 series', max.

Also, the Bear starters and their depth sucks.  The Bengals, especially at home, should dominate them.

I expect much of what we saw against the New York Giants...but I don't think many of the questions people ask are going to be legitimately answered.  On a positive note, we probably get to see McCarron for a full three quarters, maybe longer, and I think he should actually get some work with Burkhead, Jones and Alford.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 11:57 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I don't think we see much.  I think we see the first team about the same you would see in a typical first or fourth pre-season game.  Maybe 2 series', max.

Also, the Bear starters and their depth sucks.  The Bengals, especially at home, should dominate them.

I expect much of what we saw against the New York Giants...but I don't think many of the questions people ask are going to be legitimately answered.  On a positive note, we probably get to see McCarron for a full three quarters, maybe longer, and I think he should actually get some work with Burkhead, Jones and Alford.

Starters usually play into the 2nd half during the 3rd preseason game. Why would this year be any different?
Reply/Quote
Another 1.30 Am game in Europe.

This is gonna kill me.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:11 AM)kramer1 Wrote: Starters usually play into the 2nd half during the 3rd preseason game. Why would this year be any different?

Last week was the Bengals true "3rd preseason game."  They had 9 days to prepare and also got to go through a normal travel, walk through and practice routine.

This is a short week.  5 days between games.  The starters played over a full half on Monday.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I will bet that not a single offensive starter, shy of someone needing extra work, is in past the 1st quarter tonight.  We will see McCarron for much of the game and probably will see a lot of the final guys who are trying to make special teams get a lot of situational work.
Reply/Quote
Don't be so sure. After last week they may leave the first string offense and defense in until they see cohesive, effective play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out for tonight's game: WR Reese, CB Dennard, CB Ghee, LB Burfict, LB Porter, LB Lamur, OT Ogbuehi, WR McCalebb, DE Johnson
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:11 AM)kramer1 Wrote: Starters usually play into the 2nd half during the 3rd preseason game. Why would this year be any different?

Marvin Lewis has never really followed that. Starters usually play the first half but usually that's it.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Out for tonight's game: WR Reese, CB Dennard, CB Ghee, LB Burfict, LB Porter, LB Lamur, OT Ogbuehi, WR McCalebb, DE Johnson

Brandon Ghee should have the rehab field named after him. Sean Porter is giving him some competition for the honor though.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:31 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Brandon Ghee should have the rehab field named after him. Sean Porter is giving him some competition for the honor though.

Yep, Ghee and Porter just can't get on the damn field. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:33 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, 2 preseason games in the books. One very good showing, the other...not so much. Thoughts on this week's game against da Bears?

If our tackling hasn't improved in this game I'm going to start getting worried.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 07:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If our tackling hasn't improved in this game I'm going to start getting worried.  

Last week's tackling was embarrassing. Hopefully, it was just a hiccup and they tackle well tonight.
Reply/Quote
Offense sloppy again.
Reply/Quote
Well not that sloppy finally.
Reply/Quote
line looking great!
Reply/Quote
That !.. was the Dalton we need at all times.

Reply/Quote
Bodine got blasted on that 3rd down.
Reply/Quote
yeah spoke to soon
Reply/Quote
Triplette is hot garbage.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Tate is in regular season form.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote