Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason week 3) ***Chicago Bears @ Cincinnati Bengals*** (Game Day Thread)
Well done!
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna have to steer clear of the boards for the next week or so because all this non-sense that AJ should be our starting QB is going to be at an all-time nauseating high after tonight. Don't get me wrong, the kid looks good, but Dalton has 4 years of proven NFL experience and has 40 wins under his belt (albeit no post-season wins). This year our Bengals are stacked and so far healthy..knock on wood... so this is not the time you roll with an unproven QB that had a good outing in a pre-season game against one of the NFL's most atrocious defenses...that's also happens to be playing very vanilla. Anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about football.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we have AJ around as a backup to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 10:21 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: I'm gonna have to steer clear of the boards for the next week or so because all this non-sense that AJ should be our starting QB is going to be at an all-time nauseating high after tonight. Don't get me wrong, the kid looks good, but Dalton has 4 years of proven NFL experience and has 40 wins under his belt (albeit no post-season wins). This year our Bengals are stacked and so far healthy..knock on wood... so this is not the time you roll with an unproven QB that had a good outing in a pre-season game against one of the NFL's most atrocious defenses...that's also happens to be playing very vanilla. Anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about football.

McCarron will get his chance.  4 years of Dalton's "proven NFL experience" has demonstrated that he will lay an egg from time to time, and he will stink in the playoffs.

Just glad to see him playing well.  That's all.

There aren't a lot of people rooting for Jimmy Garoppolo to take Tom Brady's job because Tom Brady wins playoff games.  Maybe think about why people might think McCarron could be a better option than Dalton.  Might not be their football acumen, might be Dalton's play on the field and playoff failures.

Just a thought.
Reply/Quote
If Dalton starts choking bad in regular season I'm sure McCarron will get his chance.
Reply/Quote
I'm talking about this season....not next year, or the year after that. This season. As long as AJM is on this team he will get his shot, I just don't feel like dealing with all the tools that are going to be calling for Dalton's head on a stick because AJ had a good pre-season showing...it's fuggin' ridiculous and unrealistic.
Reply/Quote
This is the NFL, not your cheesy fantasy football team.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 10:37 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: I'm talking about this season....not next year, or the year after that. This season. As long as AJM is on this team he will get his shot, I just don't feel like dealing with all the tools that are going to be calling for Dalton's head on a stick because AJ had a good pre-season showing...it's fuggin' ridiculous and unrealistic.

Again, you shouldn't be as concerned about the "tools" as you are about Dalton's on-field performance.

People in New England or Denver might get excited about Osweiler or Jimmy G, but they know neither of them will be as good as their #1 QBs.

Do you ever think about things like this?

You seem pretty upset that people will call for AJ to start over Andy, like it will bother you, but if Andy didn't lay eggs and stink in the playoffs, those "tools" wouldn't have anything to say.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Reply/Quote
If Dalton loses a 5th playoff game, or stinks it up so bad in the regular season that they have no choice but to bench him, then I'll support promoting the next guy up.

As to your question if I waste my time thinking about whether or not New England & Denver fans get excited over their backup QB's?.....uh, no. But I do happen to keep my thinking within the realm of reality, and that reality is that Dalton is our starting QB this year, so deal with it.

And finally, it doesn't bother me if Andy loses his job to AJ, what bothers me is he history of fans in Cincinnati and struggling QB's. It pissed me off when a bunch of idiot morons threw trash on Palmer's lawn, and it pisses me off when so called Bengals fans bash a guy that is probably one of the more stand-up guys in the NFL. Doubt his play on the field, that's your opinion, but personally bash him like I see immature dip-s**ts do on these boards day-in and day-out? No, I don't support that. Go back to my initial post and try and digest it a little better 'cause you clearly missed the point....

...."I'm gonna have to steer clear of the boards for the next week or so because all this non-sense that AJ should be our starting QB is going to be at an all-time nauseating high after tonight."....meaning I'd rather not witness the tools spoutin' their hate. Get it now?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 11:23 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: If Dalton loses a 5th playoff game, or stinks it up so bad in the regular season that they have no choice but to bench him, then I'll support promoting the next guy up.

As to your question if I waste my time thinking about whether or not New England & Denver fans get excited over their backup QB's?.....uh, no. But I do happen to keep my thinking within the realm of reality, and that reality is that Dalton is our starting QB this year, so deal with it.

And finally, it doesn't bother me if Andy loses his job to AJ, what bothers me is he history of fans in Cincinnati and struggling QB's. It pissed me off when a bunch of idiot morons threw trash on Palmer's lawn, and it pisses me off when so called Bengals fans bash a guy that is probably one of the more stand-up guys in the NFL. Doubt his play on the field, that's your opinion, but personally bash him like I see immature dip-s**ts do on these boards day-in and day-out? No, I don't support that. Go back to my initial post and try and digest it a little better 'cause you clearly missed the point....

...."I'm gonna have to steer clear of the boards for the next week or so because all this non-sense that AJ should be our starting QB is going to be at an all-time nauseating high after tonight."....meaning I'd rather not witness the tools spoutin' their hate. Get it now?

Yes I get it, internet tough guy.

You love you some Andy.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer wasn't the answer at QB. Carson Palmer wasn't bashed because he wasn't the answer at QB. He was bashed because he was selfish, refused to play for the franchise and whined his way out of town. I don't care who you are, that's not how you get any love from the fans.

Andy Dalton, regardless of how his career goes, probably never stoops to the pathetic level that Palmer did and thus, should never be disliked as such.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:03 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Yes I get it, internet tough guy.

You love you some Andy.

Internet tough guy? Hardly. I'm not trying to be an ass, but the fact that you continue to glass over every point I'm trying to make and you now changed your picture to one of AJ McCarron shows me that you're just another Dalton basher and there's no sense in arguing with you.

Again, I don't blindly support Dalton. I'm very aware of his past failures, but I also can look past them and acknowledge that he has done more than enough to deserve another year of us fan's supporting him and not calling for his head on a stick, especially since he is such a good person off the field. If he was douche bag like Colin Crappernick or Russel Wilson, then yeah, lay on the hate, but he's not. Colin Herd, a guy that used to bag on Dalton probably more than anybody else in the media, recanted everything he had said after meeting Dalton in person. That speaks volumes to what kind of guy he is.

So why not support the guy? Let him know us fan's are behind him and help give him the confidence to get over that post-season/bright lights slump? I don't know about you, but I want to see Cincinnati in the Super Bowl this year, not hope Dalton shits the bed so that maybe we have a shot with an unproven QB next year.
Reply/Quote