Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At times like these folk's true character comes out.

Some people can make conclusions about a persons character after witnessing a lifetime of being a con artist, serial sexual assaulter, draft dodger, tax cheat, bully, and pathological liar.

I’m sorry if the lack of empathy shocks you. Some people call it a presidential trait to act like a total scumbag to your political opponents.

Seems I misinterpreted your meaning thought track
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Some people can make conclusions about a persons character after witnessing a lifetime of being a con artist, serial sexual assaulter, draft dodger, tax cheat, bully, and pathological liar.

I’m sorry if the lack of empathy shocks you. Some people call it a presidential trait to act like a total scumbag to your political opponents.

Seems I misinterpreted your meaning thought track

I'm not shocked. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What is omotb

Should have been OMUTB

Once 
More 
Unto
The 
Breech
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not shocked. 

I was.

Biden and Pelosi have proven time and again that’s what they are. Actual kind hearted people.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The antibody infusion he received is still in phase 2/3 trials. Most infusions are given at the hospital in case there is a complication they have the equipment and personnel to treat it. Hopefully, the trip to the hospital is out of an abundance of caution and nothing more serious.

I don’t like the guy, but hearing the President was flown to Walter Reed by helicopter caused a pit in my stomach.

Does him being on an early testing treatment seem a little much for a no big deal case?  Maybe I'm over thinking it. 
Reply/Quote
To have rules in place that will eliminate this bullshit and the leader making fun of people who follow the rules. Its like we have a moron who doesn't understand science and talks the loudest running the show.

God damn clown show like I have been saying.

POTUS and FLOTUS infected they brought the whole crew to the debate.

Still looks like classic putin move using trump as the biological weapon to infect biden and just mess us up.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You can speculate anything, but no you have no proof of anything. Those close to Hicks said she work a mask always, but got the virus so no proof a mask prevents anything. It may harm people, we won't know until they test 100,000 people which has yet to be done which is the only way to have scientific proof.

In the interim, Democratic cities have bankrupted themselves and crime is out of conttol in spite of Trump's warnings and attempts to get people back to work

It was reported on Fox News yesterday that Hope Hicks was one of the few in the Presidents inner circle that did wear a mask, but that she didn't wear it all times and many times was seen not wearing it. She was seen recently entering and exiting Air Force One without a mask in the company of the Presidents staff including Trump's son in law Jared Kushner. Saying Hicks always wears a mask is not true.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does him being on an early testing treatment seem a little much for a no big deal case?  Maybe I'm over thinking it. 

If his symptoms are mild; yeah, probably. I’m not familiar with the medication because it isn’t on the market. But, from what I read the phase 1 trial involved less than 300 people. So there are a lot of unknowns with new medications. Monoclonal antibody treatments are becoming more common for various medical conditions, but as treatments for infectious diseases they haven’t lived up to their potential, yet.

If he isn’t sick enough to be admitted he isn’t sick enough for the remdesivir protocol. So access to a drug trial targeted towards patients not sick enough to get remdesivir is probably more of a function of his privilege as POTUS combined with his risk factors and the dearth of evidence hydroxychloroquine is safe and effective for Covid despite claims by his administration to the contrary. Plus with viral infections there just isn’t a silver bullet.

PS I just read Trump will be staying at Walter Reed for a few days. That raises my level of concern. Again, hopefully, it’s just out of an abundance of caution because if this goes bad it can go bad quickly.

Also, Kellyanne Conway announced she tested positive. There have been another 11 positive cases linked to the debate in Cleveland. Jesus, there’s just going to be more on the way. And the greater the number of people who get infected, the greater the chance for a tragic outcome.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Biden shouldn't stop.  Trump and his administration have been "campaigning" for four years.  

Tough luck.

Nope.  Full speed ahead.  

I'm not completely sure that this isn't a hoax, anyway.  Trump is deperate and lies as often as he breathes, though he may be breathing this at a slightly lower clip at the moment.  He's looking for a way to recover from most of 2020 on top of the disastrous debate.  He's too big of a coward to pay someone to shoot him, but faking a corona case is pretty painless.  People at my place of employment do it all the time, seemingly without consequence.  

He'll play it up and he'll get released.  He'll be out on the campaign trail in a week beating his chest and talking about how the virus is nothing and how he knows this from personal experience.  The troglodytes will love it.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 06:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You can speculate anything, but no you have no proof of anything. Those close to Hicks said she work a mask always, but got the virus so no proof a mask prevents anything. It may harm people, we won't know until they test 100,000 people which has yet to be done which is the only way to have scientific proof.

In the interim, Democratic cities have bankrupted themselves and crime is out of conttol in spite of Trump's warnings and attempts to get people back to work

Thanks for responding, Luv.  

We do have pictures of Hicks and others getting onto Marine 1 on Tuesday without masks.  We also have pictures of the president's family and Mike Lee attending the SCOTUS confirmation at the WH without masks on Sept. 26. Trump arrived at the debate late and they waved testing him on "the honor system." We know that his family and many others in his contingent did not wear masks, whereas all Biden's guests did. Over nine people from that event have tested positive now.

I hope that Trump did not give the virus to Biden at the debate. We won't know for sure for a week. 

So if Hicks wears a mask "sometimes" and still got the virus after mixing in closed spaces with dozens of people without masks, this does not prove that "masks don't prevent anything."  Anyway, the point of masks is to keep one's own fluids out of the air, not to block others'.

https://fox8.com/news/photos-show-president-trump-first-lady-melania-and-aide-hope-hicks-over-the-last-5-days/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8797361/Why-did-Trump-diagnosis-long-Hope-Hicks-self-isolated-Air-Force-One-Wednesday.html
Here is a picture of Hicks getting on Marine One on Wednesday, the day after the debate. No staff in the copter's cramped quarters were wearing masks.  

[Image: 33884624-8796793-Hope_Hicks_far_right_is...730406.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Add Kellyanne, some reporters, and a WH staffer who works near the press pool onto the list.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 05:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: In addition the POTUS knew he was exposed and went to a fundraiser after.

(10-02-2020, 05:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure the commentary matches the posted tweet

Sorry.  I should have written "In addition *to this* the POTUS knew he was exposed and went to a fundraiser after.

Now, after the weekend is seems more and more Trump knew he was exposed and possibly knew he was positive and continued to not quarantine.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what the actual situation with Trump's covid really is. I'd wager his goal is to get out of there and boasting about what an overblown joke the whole thing is as soon as possible, but maybe I'm being a bit overly-cynical on that.
Reply/Quote
It's been 3 days since we first found out that Trump and Melania tested positive for Covid. Since then, nearly a dozen others have tested positive as well, with the initial event that sparked it seemingly being the Coney Barrett announcement last week in which over a hundred people sat closely without masks.

[Image: 5f7824e0282c500018c786fd?width=600&forma...&auto=webp]

Less publicized was the private inside event

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fda...e-0926.jpg]

Since then, the American public has been met with deceit over the condition of the president, especially after he was quickly rushed to Walter Reed after his O2 levels plummeted, something that was only made known after Chief of Staff Mark Meadows confirmed rumors that the WH and Trump's doctor had obfuscated.

We also learned that the Trump team arrived too late to the debate days before to test, requiring organizers to go on the honor system, and the entire Trump family refused to wear masks, despite local policy.

as more and more people began testing positive, including 3 GOP senators, contradictory statements seemed to come about Trump's status.

Trump took to social media to post a video yesterday stating that he now gets it with regards to the virus... only to then leave the hospital for a vanity ride past his supporters, something that then forced multiple secret service agents to quarantine, unnecessarily risking their lives.

A senior aide pushed back at this yesterday, defending the lack of concern with staff, and said that the campaign will continue to use the same poor practices as they have always been using. Republicans have taken to attack people criticizing the lack of masks and social distancing as "victim blaming". Don Jr, days after his dad mocked Biden as he spoke about his dead son, called any comments about Trump's COVID infection "below the belt".

News came out that Hope Hicks, believed to be "Patient zero" of the group, first had symptoms on Wednesday and later tested positive that day. Despite close contact, Trump went ahead with a planned fundraiser at his golf club hours before he tested positive.

Even hospitalized, Trump does not get it and continues to show what his administration is: incompetent, deceitful, and self-serving.

Reply/Quote
So I was in SW PA all last week, and pretty much avoided this forum. Not purposely, but I had shit to do. I'm pretty disappointed in people. I'm disappointed in people on the left cheering this news. Regardless of your view on Trump, the POTUS having this disease is a situation that has the potential to throw this country into even more chaos. I'm disappointed in many of the right-leaning folks I have seen, including the family I saw, that are buying into conspiracy theories. I'm disappointed in the doctors giving us misinformation, and I'm disappointed in POTUS for his joyride that endangered the lives of others.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Kayleigh McEnany just revealed she tested positive.

She joins:

Trump
Melania
Senior Aide Hope Hicks
Trump bodyman Nicholas Luna
Senator Mike Lee
Senator Thom Tillis
Senator Ron Johnson
Kellyanne Conway
Campaign Manager Bill Stepien
RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel
Chris Christie

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder what the actual situation with Trump's covid really is.  I'd wager his goal is to get out of there and boasting about what an overblown joke the whole thing is as soon as possible, but maybe I'm being a bit overly-cynical on that.

Some thought it was a ploy, but too many people are sick and the entire response has just displayed complete incompetence on the part of the Trump administration. 

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So I was in SW PA all last week, and pretty much avoided this forum. Not purposely, but I had shit to do. I'm pretty disappointed in people. I'm disappointed in people on the left cheering this news. Regardless of your view on Trump, the POTUS having this disease is a situation that has the potential to throw this country into even more chaos. I'm disappointed in many of the right-leaning folks I have seen, including the family I saw, that are buying into conspiracy theories. I'm disappointed in the doctors giving us misinformation, and I'm disappointed in POTUS for his joyride that endangered the lives of others.

If I may play psychological devil's advocate here, being "happy" Trump caught covid may be less about him being ill and more about a perceived sense of fairness.  People tend to like things that are fair or make sense and cognitive dissonance is a pretty big stressor in many aspects of life.

Seeing someone who brags about breaking rules and laws and other societal codes of conduct yet manages to avoid consequence can be a little off-putting for the commoners who don't have the luxury.  Trump actually facing some sort of consequence for his latest gleeful disregard comes off more as satisfying in a sense of fairness moreso that "Hoorah I hope he drops dead" if that makes sense.

You tell a kid to stop yanking on the dog's tail and he smiles and does it again and the dog nips him and the first thing you think is "See?  I told you."  That doesn't make you inherently cruel and evil, you just shug and say that fire is the best teacher.  Then again, maybe I'm just a heartless jerk.  My hunch that Trump is quite likely to use his brush with covid as a means to puff himself up and tacitly put down the many people who died from it may play a role in my mindset, though.

The short of it - Trump constantly brags about breaking rules and getting away with it, so I can see why it's satisfying to see something actually stick to him for once. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some thought it was a ploy, but too many people are sick and the entire response has just displayed complete incompetence on the part of the Trump administration. 

It's not a ploy, he will just leave out the detail that not everyone has free and instant access to the best doctors in the country.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon guys, lets not drag abortion into this thread.

My opinion is that I do not want the Trumps to die, but I am 100% glad they tested positive.  I think it might lead to a policy change or at least a change in public opinion that could save the lives of thouisands of people.

Part of me thinks the opposite of this will happen. Trump will walk away from this like it was just a cold, his devout minion followers will downplay the severity of Covid like Trump has done for months, less masks and social distancing will occur, and Covid will spread even worse than ever as a result. I'm not even trying to be funny, but there is something about many (not all) Trumpers out there that seem to think that as long as the 'old' and 'weak' Americans die from it, then there is no need to take precautions. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote