Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Taylor and nick foles
(01-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not true at all.
Shouldn't generalize. I am not a Dalton lover, but he's earned the right to be the QB here and Foles is more inconsistent than AD. So no thanks.
Not only that, I don't see AD as being the problem here, could we upgrade him? Yes, eventually, but not now. The rest of the pieces around him need to be upgraded way more before we try to bring in anyone to replace him. No need to Klingerize another QB.

We're on the same page. I'm just musing at how Dalton is so hated by a certain segment of us that the names Jake Driskell, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, and whoever we could reach for with the 11th pick have been thrown around lately as his replacement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 01:33 PM)jason Wrote: We're on the same page. I'm just musing at how Dalton is so hated by a certain segment of us that the names Jake Driskell, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater, Nick Foles, and whoever we could reach for with the 11th pick have been thrown around lately as his replacement.

its the same people that started bashing andy the day he was drafted and have never stopped....
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its the same people that started bashing andy the day he was drafted and have never stopped....

Can we please stop lumping everyone into one big group of “haters?” I think a lot of people (myself included) have been up and down on Dalton over the years. I wasn’t crazy about him at first, then warmed up to him, then was singing his praises after 2015, and now I’m growing impatient and ready for a change after the last few years.

Let’s see what he can do with a new HC (and 5th OC) though. This really should be his last chance though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we please stop lumping everyone into one big group of “haters?” I think a lot of people (myself included) have been up and down on Dalton over the years.  I wasn’t crazy about him at first, then warmed up to him, then was signing his praises after 2015, and now I’m growing impatient and ready for a change after the last few years.

Let’s see what he can do with a new HC (and 5th OC) though. This really should be his last chance though.

I agree.....but the 5th OC is nothing of his doing....we had two good ones get plucked, then rolled with a literal turd for a year and a half....and then a so-so guy for another year and a half.  All praise to Lazor though, for finally getting that oaf a line coach to sit down and shut up. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree.....but the 5th OC is nothing of his doing....we had two good ones get plucked, then rolled with a literal turd for a year and a half....and then a so-so guy for another year and a half.  All praise to Lazor though, for finally getting that oaf a line coach to sit down and shut up. Tongue

Forget Marvin, we should build Lazor a statue just for that.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Forget Marvin, we should build Lazor a statue just for that.

LMAO, no doubt.  In all seriousness, I look at Dalton's worst years, and they coincide with the Ken Zampese era (to be fair, the HORRIBLE line during his tenure did him no favors, but he was in over his head).  Lazor had the O humming early on this year, until the avalanche of TE injuries.  He had no answers for that.  Gruden did a good job of minimizing mistakes for his young QB, and Hue elevated him, and did a lot of innovative things to create mismatches and good pre snap reads.  I hope we get back to that with this new staff.  If they do that, and he flounders, it's all on him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nick Foles = Joe Flacco

And honestly if I had to choose between the 2, give me Flacco.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:30 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’ll get killed for this but I don’t care. I know he doesn’t have the “measurables” but if the kid can prove that he is passionate and wants to be great a football, I would be ecstatic about drafting Kyler Murray.

He's 5'9" 195 lbs and it's a toss up on whether or not he plays baseball. He'd be the shortest QB since Doug Flutie. It won't work.

(01-15-2019, 11:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Seeing him live in 2015 (AFTER he had his first big flashes), he looked awful and he was soundly out-performed by Case Keenum, with the same team around him.

Was a 7-9 team too, so not a cellar-dweller or anything else.

If you actually look at his stats, they're as average as you can come; take out his anomaly year of 2013, his TD/INT Ratio is 41-31, which is fairly dreadful.

And his playoffs this year was below average as well.

Stay away.

You can pretty much throw out 2015. That was as big a fluke as 2013.

It was his only year playing for Jeff Fisher, who was killing QB's (Foles, Goff, Keenum) at that point. 

Take out 2013 AND 2015, and his TD/INT ratio is 34-21, which isn't so bad. 

Still don't want him though. He'll be expensive thanks to the SB MVP, but he's no better than Dalton. Probably a downgrade away from the Eagles system.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we please stop lumping everyone into one big group of “haters?” I think a lot of people (myself included) have been up and down on Dalton over the years. I wasn’t crazy about him at first, then warmed up to him, then was singing his praises after 2015, and now I’m growing impatient and ready for a change after the last few years.

Nobody's lumping anyone together. It can't be denied that threads have been created, and posts have written throwing around all sorts of names of mediocre QBs and all out scrubs... All of them to replace a guy who is solid at worst. I don't pay close enough attention to who does it, but I'm fairly certain you ain't one of them... They're probably a minority, and most of us realize this team has much bigger needs than QB...

For instance something needs done with that 97 scrub... Stealing money with his double digit sack totals
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:42 PM)jason Wrote: Nobody's lumping anyone together. It can't be denied that threads have been created, and posts have written throwing around all sorts of names of mediocre QBs and all out scrubs... All of them to replace a guy who is solid at worst. I don't pay close enough attention to who does it, but I'm fairly certain you ain't one of them... They're probably a minority, and most of us realize this team has much bigger needs than QB...

For instance something needs done with that 97 scrub... Stealing money with his double digit sack totals

Ikr? 45 tackles, 10 sacks and 19 QB hits? Playing all 16 games in 8 of his 9 seasons? What a bum.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ikr? 45 tackles, 10 sacks and 19 QB hits? What a bum.

Does the 19 QB hits include the 10 sacks or is it above and beyond the 10 sacks?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 10:53 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know Philadelphia could block his brother from joining us, but if he comes here what’s the chances he brings foles with him? I know it’s a long shot. Just curious if anyone thinks this is a possibility? Would you stick with Andy or go with foles? I’m all for Andy getting a chance still but foles has won a super bowl. He can write a 2 million dollar check and be a free agent. He is also obviously familiar with press, and I’m sure comfortable.

What about the Zac taylor Tannenhill connection lol
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: HilariousSeriously... What's up with this Foles shit?
Nervous Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 02:55 PM)McC Wrote: Does the 19 QB hits include the 10 sacks or is it above and beyond the 10 sacks?

It includes the sacks.

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/2018/01/stats-you-need-to-knowqb-hits.html

But 19 QB hits is still a great number. Especially for an interior lineman. To put it in perspective, Geno was tied for 29th in the league in that category. 7th among DT's, according to Pro Football Reference.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:20 AM)HuDey Wrote: I wouldn’t mind Foles as a bridge QB, but not at 20 mil. Foles is nothing special but he does seem to step up his game post season. He brought it home last year and was pushing his team down the field to potentially knock off the Saints this year until his butter-fingered WR failed to squeeze the pig.

Isn't it amazing no one on here has heard ANYTHING about MR. Marvin Lewis???? HE seems to have fallen off the cliff and that's okay.I think he just wanted to get out of dodge and chill.He just could not get over the hump,and that was because I feel he lost how to make the changes.He did not seem like a head coach, just a guy trying to figure things out with very little intel on how,what,when and where!!!!!!!!!!!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:02 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Isn't it amazing no one on here has heard ANYTHING about MR. Marvin Lewis???? HE seems to have fallen off the cliff and that's okay.I think he just wanted to get out of dodge and chill.He just could not get over the hump,and that was because I feel he lost how to make the changes.He did not seem like a head coach, just a guy trying to figure things out with very little intel on how,what,when and where!!!!!!!!!!!! ThumbsUp

after 16 years dude deserves a vacation
Reply/Quote