Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Taylor and nick foles
(01-14-2019, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: Seriously... What's up with this Foles shit?

Apparently he's the second coming.  The savior of our franchise.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I seriously wonder about some of the posts here...… We have Alex Van Pelt as a QB coach here, and people really want to replace him with Press Taylor????? C'mon man....
Reply/Quote
Na, I'll pass, the Legend of "Big D*** Nick" is dead
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't you want AD to get a shot with a new HC? He deserves it. Plus I'm real curious to see how he performs. Nothing in his college career screams choker. My only complaint with him is he seems to lock in on a particular receiver, and has in the past stared down his target, although that seems better lately.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:59 AM)SladeX Wrote: Why wouldn't you want AD to get a shot with a new HC? He deserves it. Plus I'm real curious to see how he performs. Nothing in his college career screams choker. My only complaint with him is he seems to lock in on a particular receiver, and has in the past stared down his target, although that seems better lately.

Yes. I think that's the best way to go...so we can invest resources into fixing the offensive line and LB's.

I just think there is too big of a risk drafting a QB at 11...and if we miss, we're in really bad shape. Plus, we'd then have used the 1st Round pick on a position other than OL or LB.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:20 AM)corpjet Wrote: Na, I'll pass, the Legend of "Big D*** Nick" is dead

It died in 2014...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 10:53 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know Philadelphia could block his brother from joining us, but if he comes here what’s the chances he brings foles with him? I know it’s a long shot. Just curious if anyone thinks this is a possibility? Would you stick with Andy or go with foles? I’m all for Andy getting a chance still but foles has won a super bowl. He can write a 2 million dollar check and be a free agent. He is also obviously familiar with press, and I’m sure comfortable.

well foles will probly be expensive...  but if we had had foles magic in 2015 (after Dalton got hurt) things might have ended different.

So I'm guessing if we do anything its draft a QB to groom behind dalton
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I seriously wonder about some of the posts here...… We have Alex Van Pelt as a QB coach here, and people really want to replace him with Press Taylor????? C'mon man....

we can give press some fluff title.

Though.... Here he will have to call that play the chili special.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well foles will probly be expensive...  but if we had had foles magic in 2015 (after Dalton got hurt) things might have ended different.

So I'm guessing if we do anything its draft a QB to groom behind dalton

I’ll get killed for this but I don’t care. I know he doesn’t have the “measurables” but if the kid can prove that he is passionate and wants to be great a football, I would be ecstatic about drafting Kyler Murray.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:30 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’ll get killed for this but I don’t care. I know he doesn’t have the “measurables” but if the kid can prove that he is passionate and wants to be great a football, I would be ecstatic about drafting Kyler Murray.

I'd prefer someone focus'd on football.
Reply/Quote
the NFL keeps developing, 2 active playing QBs will be the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'd prefer someone focus'd on football.

Yeah I posted this and then went around reading more about him. I’m not sure what to think. He’s polarizing for sure.

Reply/Quote
Seeing him live in 2015 (AFTER he had his first big flashes), he looked awful and he was soundly out-performed by Case Keenum, with the same team around him.

Was a 7-9 team too, so not a cellar-dweller or anything else.

If you actually look at his stats, they're as average as you can come; take out his anomaly year of 2013, his TD/INT Ratio is 41-31, which is fairly dreadful.

And his playoffs this year was below average as well.

Stay away.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Seeing him live in 2015 (AFTER he had his first big flashes), he looked awful and he was soundly out-performed by Case Keenum, with the same team around him.

Was a 7-9 team too, so not a cellar-dweller or anything else.

If you actually look at his stats, they're as average as you can come; take out his anomaly year of 2013, his TD/INT Ratio is 41-31, which is fairly dreadful.

And his playoffs this year was below average as well.

Stay away.

A Nick foles signimg would at very best be a lateral move for the Bengals. If Foles becomes their plan moving forward, I’ll be pretty disappointed in the new regime from the jump.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:43 AM)jason Wrote: It died in 2014...

Except for you know...winning the SB as MVP.

I understand not wanting to replace Dalton with Foles. I don’t understand discounting what Foles did last year.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, it's a good thing the talent skipped down another generation. Otherwise, we'd be talking about "Pistol Press".

That sounds kinky......  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:43 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah I posted this and then went around reading more about him. I’m not sure what to think. He’s polarizing for sure.

I just think he's too small for this level.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except for you know...winning the SB as MVP.

I understand not wanting to replace Dalton with Foles. I don’t understand discounting what Foles did last year.

Joe Flacco did the same thing... Don't remember if he was MVP of the Super Bowl... It may have been Jacoby Jones or whatever his name was. Flacco killed it in that Super Bowl run though. I'm still chalking that Super Bowl win by the Eagles up to great coaching. Yeah the players executed, but Pederson and his crew did an amazing job.

I'll give Nick Foles this much. He's shown the ability to get hot. All in all, I think he's a low end starting QB in the NFL. A top notch backup...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:54 PM)jason Wrote: Joe Flacco did the same thing... Don't remember if he was MVP of the Super Bowl... It may have been Jacoby Jones or whatever his name was. Flacco killed it in that Super Bowl run though. I'm still chalking that Super Bowl win by the Eagles up to great coaching. Yeah the players executed, but Pederson and his crew did an amazing job.

I'll give Nick Foles this much. He's shown the ability to get hot. All in all, I think he's a low end starting QB in the NFL. A top notch backup...

That's my analysis of the entire situation.  Coaching is paramount to success in this game.

Agreed on Foles too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 04:27 AM)jason Wrote: The same fans that thought we were sitting  on gold with AJ McCarron a few years ago are now pining for Nick Foles.

Not true at all.
Shouldn't generalize. I am not a Dalton lover, but he's earned the right to be the QB here and Foles is more inconsistent than AD. So no thanks.
Not only that, I don't see AD as being the problem here, could we upgrade him? Yes, eventually, but not now. The rest of the pieces around him need to be upgraded way more before we try to bring in anyone to replace him. No need to Klingerize another QB.
Reply/Quote