Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Press conference conclusions
(01-01-2018, 03:45 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Team ranked #31 in attendance this year averaging just over 53K per game. Only the LA Chargers trailed them and that's because of their move to LA where no one cares about them. The only other team to average under 60K per game was the Raiders. If there aren't whole-sale changes to this coaching staff, 53K per game will be a PIPE DREAM next year.

For one thing, PA is golden for life, being Mike's idiot stepson and all. 

Some coaches will go elsewhere, so there will be forced changes, otherwise known as the only way Mike ever changes anything, kinda like Redmond and Westerman getting not PT until there was absolutely no choice.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin said the stupidest thing ANYONE could in his situation.

"If you're a real fan you'll realize the best option is to stay the course."

He also said its not his job to motivate players, and halftime adjustments are myth. Guess that explains why the players often do not look motivated, and they suck in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:56 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: He also said its not his job to motivate players, and halftime adjustments are myth. Guess that explains why the players often do not look motivated, and they suck in the second half.

Yay!  We are about to get more of the same.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I am so sick to my stomach. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. The man has a job for life. I’m not spending another nickel on this franchise. I hope NO ONE shows up to games next year
Reply/Quote
I think Mike is giving due deligence, trust me not defending him. What's better than what he has.... answer many if he acts soon enough. If Mike decides to continue with status quo then he votes for a multi talented undeciplined roster. And a coach that doesn't have what it takes to make the next step. I haven't invested in this team for a long time... Just waiting to see if Mike steps aside... might not happen in my lifetime...
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:11 PM)Lonewolf4703 Wrote: I think Mike is giving due deligence, trust me not defending him. What's better than what he has.... answer many if he acts soon enough. If Mike decides to continue with status quo then he votes for a multi talented undeciplined roster. And a coach that doesn't have what it takes to make the next step. I haven't invested in this team for a long time... Just waiting to see if Mike steps aside... might not happen in my lifetime...
Depends on how old you are.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Marvin is brought back - and it sure appears to be leaning that way - it proves once an for all how incredibly lazy and complacent Mike and Katie are. There is absolutely no incentive for them to change, so they'll ride the status quo for as long as they possibly can. Marvin saying that if you're a real fan you'll 'stay the course' was pretty telling, because it's basically the mindset of the entire organization and why winning a championship will never be the priority it should be.

I've been sitting here the last several minutes trying to figure out how MB and family can justify this ? How are they going to explain how being mediocre is good enough for them ? How can they expect the fans to keep paying to see a team that is only interested in being so-so ?

How can you talk around being Pittsburgh's B$%ch ? How can they explain away it being ok to get thumped anytime the lights are on or it's a "big game" ? Give a reason we get rolled in the 2nd half every game ? How can they explain being to cheap to fix the O-line ?

It's really depressing !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Lewis comes back the Bengals will be nothing more than an ongoing meme to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been sitting here the last several minutes trying to figure out how MB and family can justify this ? How are they going to explain how being mediocre is good enough for them ? How can they expect the fans to keep paying to see a team that is only interested in being so-so ?

How can you talk around being Pittsburgh's B$%ch ? How can they explain away it being ok to get thumped anytime the lights are on or it's a "big game" ? Give a reason we get rolled in the 2nd half every game ? How can they explain being to cheap to fix the O-line ?

It's really depressing !

The mere fact that there has been no decision made today just shows the ineptitude of the front office. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin said the stupidest thing ANYONE could in his situation.

"If you're a real fan you'll realize the best option is to stay the course."

If someone is a real fan of this team, they would turn in their season tickets if they have them. And then not buy regular season tickets until massive changes are made. Otherwise that fan is supporting how the Clown family is running this shitshow. 

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The mere fact that there has been no decision made today just shows the ineptitude of the front office. 

They still need more evidence.  The fifteen years of being the Steelers red headed step child are not quite enough.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If someone is a real fan of this team, they would turn in their season tickets if they have them. And then not buy regular season tickets until massive changes are made. Otherwise that fan is supporting how the Clown family is running this shitshow. 

The issue with boycotting is that you're also not supporting the players. If fans don't buy jerseys and don't put butts in the seats free agents won't come here and the good players that are here will leave because of it. 

It is what it is. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:05 PM)Synric Wrote: The issue with boycotting is that you're also not supporting the players. If fans don't buy jerseys and don't put butts in the seats free agents won't come here and the good players that are here will leave because of it. 

It is what it is. 

Personally, I would love to see Mike take his circle jerk somewhere else, deliver his special brand of misery to some other city.  It would be the one thing that would get me off this train of sadness, since I can't do it on my own.  And I am not kidding about this.  50 years in purgatory is more than enough.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: They still need more evidence.  The fifteen years of being the Steelers red headed step child are not quite enough.

We've been the steelers bitches for longer than 15 years
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:05 PM)Synric Wrote: The issue with boycotting is that you're also not supporting the players. If fans don't buy jerseys and don't put butts in the seats free agents won't come here and the good players that are here will leave because of it. 

It is what it is. 

To be fair, its not like good free agents come here anyways because of the 'model model' with building through the draft (and making 'more profit' by not spending on free agents) 

Its just a depressing day to be a Bengals fan, and beyond frustrating at this point. 

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:08 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: We've been the steelers bitches for longer than 15 years

I know.  I was just speaking of the Marv years.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To be fair, its not like good free agents come here anyways because of the 'model model' with building through the draft (and making 'more profit' by not spending on free agents) 

Its just a depressing day to be a Bengals fan, and beyond frustrating at this point. 

I get it I'm not happy about the last few years either and while Im more of a supporter for Marvin Lewis than most I think it was just time for a fresh start. 

As for the Boycotting it usually hurts the wrong people. In this case the team and even the regular employees. If it gets bad enough the Bengals will be forced to relocate and that would mean billions lost to thr county and state...not to mention all thr people that will lose their jobs. I just don't see boycotting as a good answer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:08 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: We've been the steelers bitches for longer than 15 years

We were everyone's bitches in the 90's, so that doesn't count (although Jeff Blake has a better record vs the Steelers than Marvin).

The point (I think) is that we've been a winning team for much of the past 15 years, and we're STILL the Steelers' bitches. That's a Marvin thing.

Back in the 80's we had good teams and a very good (winning) record vs the Steelers. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been sitting here the last several minutes trying to figure out how MB and family can justify this ? How are they going to explain how being mediocre is good enough for them ? How can they expect the fans to keep paying to see a team that is only interested in being so-so ?

It's really depressing !

They don't have to justify their actions.  The family has never given a rat crap what anyone, much less a few fans think.   

Ideally, I'd love to see about half of the season ticket holders call to cancel as Mike waits and strings us along.  Hammer his ass where it counts.  Empty that place and tell him to leave town.  This second rate mom and pop crap sucks out loud.  Tired of being explained to over and over why this team can't be run like a real NFL franchise. 

This season was a massive screwup of the first order and it's on Mike Brown and his organizational structure from the top down.  They have to do something to show how they intend to make that right.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:14 PM)Synric Wrote: I get it I'm not happy about the last few years either and while Im more of a supporter for Marvin Lewis than most I think it was just time for a fresh start. 

As for the Boycotting it usually hurts the wrong people. In this case the team and even the regular employees. If it gets bad enough the Bengals will be forced to relocate and that would mean billions lost to thr county and state...not to mention all thr people that will lose their jobs. I just don't see boycotting as a good answer.

Then maybe Mike Brown should think about how he treats his customers then. I wouldn't feel guilty over a boycott lol. Why should I?

Mike Brown is the one who should feel guilty, theoretically.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote