Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pressure is the great equalizer"
I'm posting by phone, so no link, but if you go to the home page there is a video interview with Lou that is pretty good. He said they will have to pressure and harass Mahomes and once the play is in motion plaster rules. Also said you can't play one way, or it will be a long day, so they have to mix man coverage with zone and it comes down to when you call what. It' worth watching. We need a huge game from our d line
Reply/Quote
Lots of pressure on Mahomes would significantly decrease their offensive potential!
Reply/Quote
Again, it worked against Brady when the Giants played them in both SBs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think I would try and mix it up on defense and bring some blitzes at Mahomes.This OL of the Chiefs is really good.May have to risk it at times and bring the pressure.Can’t just let him squirm around back there all day and pick you apart.Hope Lou has a great game plan.I might would even consider putting a spy on Mahomes.Logan Wilson will be back for this game.Of course,I know we do have to consider Kelce.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think I would try and mix it up on defense and bring some blitzes at Mahomes.This OL of the Chiefs is really good.May have to risk it at times and bring the pressure.Can’t just let him squirm around back there all day and pick you apart.Hope Lou has a great game plan.I might would even consider putting a spy on Mahomes.Logan Wilson will be back for this game.Of course,I know we do have to consider Kelce.

Kelce is gonna be Kelce. We just need to stop the YAC
Reply/Quote
According to PFF...

LT: 29th of 84 OT
LG: 9th of 80 G
C: 1st of 37 C
RG: 12th of 80 G
RT: 54th of 84 OT

So RT is probably the key and only point of weakness on their OL. That's where Hendrickson will have to do his damage. The DTs might have a tough day.

(Interesting thing of note is only the RT was on the Chiefs last year among their starting 5 right now.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: According to PFF...

So RT is probably the key and only point of weakness on their OL. That's where Hendrickson will have to do his damage. The DTs might have a tough day.

(Interesting thing of note is only the RT was on the Chiefs last year among their starting 5 right now.)

Except Hendrickson plays on the other side. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Except Hendrickson plays on the other side. 

He doesn't move at all? You'd think you'd want to set up for the biggest mismatch you can get.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He doesn't move at all? You'd think you'd want to set up for the biggest mismatch you can get.

I have never seen him move to the left side. That's Hubbard's spot
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have never seen him move to the left side. That's Hubbard's spot

I've never noticed him over there either, and found it kinda odd. Do they ever move the two of them inside on certain packages? I've never noticed that either. I remember Trey getting a sack up the middle, but I think it was a stunt.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 08:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Again, it worked against Brady when the Giants played them in both SBs.

Mahomes is a little bit better at avoiding pressure than Brady let's be honest here...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: According to PFF...

I thought they cut both of their starting tackles from last year?
Reply/Quote
Lou has to get creative with his blitz packages against Mahommes and Reid.

I'd be bringing a lot of Mike Hilton and Vonn Bell from the secondary and maybe Jordan Kovacs from the sidelines. I don't think NFL team utilize the "coach blitz" enough. It almost always catches the opponent unaware.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: (Interesting thing of note is only the RT was on the Chiefs last year among their starting 5 right now.)

Mitchell Schwartz was the Chiefs starting Right Tackle in 2020. Lucas Niang was a rookie and he opted out so really this is his first year with the team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:19 PM)Tony Wrote: I thought they cut both of their starting tackles from last year?

They did. Just for clarity, their line is: 

LT:  Orlando Brown (trade from Ravens), Pro Bowl 
LG:  Joe Thuney (FA signing) 
C:  Creed Humphrey (Rookie: 2nd round pick) 
RG: Trey Smith (Rookie: 6th round pick) 
RT:  Lucas Niang (2020 3rd rd pick, opted out last year). 

Niang was "on the team" last year, but he opted out like Tupou & Prince did for us. Did not play. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Mahomes is a little bit better at avoiding pressure than Brady let's be honest here...

He also causes pressures and sacks at a much higher rate due to his style (similar to Burrow).

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: They did. Just for clarity, their line is: 

LT:  Orlando Brown (trade from Ravens), Pro Bowl 
LG:  Joe Thuney (FA signing) 
C:  Creed Humphrey (Rookie: 2nd round pick) 
RG: Trey Smith (Rookie: 6th round pick) 
RT:  Lucas Niang (2020 3rd rd pick, opted out last year). 

Niang was "on the team" last year, but he opted out like Tupou & Prince did for us. Did not play. 

Still hurts me to this day when I see Orlando Brown's name.  He was there in Rd 3 and we took an athletic LB from Texas with zero instincts that amounted to nothing.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 10:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Still hurts me to this day when I see Orlando Brown's name.  He was there in Rd 3 and we took an athletic LB from Texas with zero instincts that amounted to nothing.  

Our LB picks were so bad for so damn long. Thankfully it seems to be getting better since Taylor got here.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our LB picks were so bad for so damn long. Thankfully it seems to be getting better since Taylor got here.

Good call, I agree completely and I'm excited to watch these guys play. They have their weaknesses as a unit, but I loooooove watching Wilson on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: I've never noticed him over there either, and found it kinda odd. Do they ever move the two of them inside on certain packages? I've never noticed that either.  I remember Trey getting a sack up the middle, but I think it was a stunt.

They sometimes move Hubbard inside and put another edge rusher at LDE, but I've never seen them move Hendrickson. I guess they just want him coming in from the blind side
Reply/Quote