Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown injury
(09-09-2018, 06:22 PM)McC Wrote: Announcers said during the game that he could come back.  Maybe they just played it safe with him.

If announcers say it then it has to be true. They have the most exacting standards of any group to ever use the spoken word. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anybody heard any news on this yet?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 08:24 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Anybody heard any news on this yet?

Marvin said the forecast is "Partly sunny", which I guess means they have hopes he can play but are not sure.....
Reply/Quote
Thursday night game is less than 100 hours after the Sunday game.  Not enough time for anyone to fully recover, especially someone who goy nicked up.  So don't panic if he does not play against he Ravens.
Reply/Quote
He was in a boot yesterday but that could be just to rest it on the short week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He says he'll be ready....
Reply/Quote
Nfl networks Omar Ruiz just reported Brown should be good and is expected to play tonight. This is good news.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 09:04 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Nfl networks Omar Ruiz just reported Brown should be good and is expected to play tonight. This is good news.

Good news indeed... I just hope they're not rushing him back. He's definitely needed for the long-haul
Reply/Quote
That single greatest designation of all time ..Questionable..  Shit, EVERYONE is questionable ..except for Marv.. Don't ask questions because you ain't gonna get answers.. 
Who comes up with these silly assed designations anyway? How many times have fans pinned their hopes on an opposing team's player being 'questionable' only to go out and have the greatest game of their careers against us?  It's an absolutely meaningless word built around another all time favorite , 'HYPED'..  Ask yourself..what exactly does 'questionable' actually mean other than well, he might play or might not play. He could be a Rhodes scholar or could be out on an all night bender intent on robbing a liquor store . It's questionable . lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He says he'll be ready....

He would say that.  Hell, I had walking pneumonia one year, and still tried to get coach to start me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He would say that.  Hell, I had walking pneumonia one year, and still tried to get coach to start me.

Far be it from me to accuse athletes of using stock cliches every season . Right after getting traded to a lousy team for next to nothing their first response to reporters? "I'm just glad to be here to help the team in any way I can." 
You never hear, "God! It blows goat rectums being here and I could care less if we ever win another game as long as I'm getting paid way more than I could possibly be worth  '  lol

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He would say that.  Hell, I had walking pneumonia one year, and still tried to get coach to start me.

Yep

But one good thing is that there is 10 days before our next game to heal up if he does make it through tonight. 

He is a former Louisville Cardinal so I expect him to go tonight. lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 09:04 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Nfl networks Omar Ruiz just reported Brown should be good and is expected to play tonight. This is good news.

Yes, good news, think Preston really has helped our LB core, smart fella.

Vigil looks like a different player out there.
Reply/Quote

Yep, but he's a pro, so I assume he knows his body. He said the game was four days away, and he would only need 2 to get ready.
Reply/Quote
My source says Brown is out.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 01:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, but he's a pro, so I assume he knows his body. He said the game was four days away, and he would only need 2 to get ready.

My point is that an athlete will still want to compete, no matter what the circumstance.  I sincerely hope that he's doing better, but coming back to the game, only to limp off after failing to be able to perform, is not a positive sign on 4 days rest.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was not impressed with him in the first game.
Nickerson, is faster but needs more experienced.
Saw him TOTALLY turned around by a TE in a crossing pattern. It was UGLY. YEAH he looked like a Rookie...
HOWEVER, I would sit Brown and let his ankle become solid.
Vinny Rey his back up is CAPABLE? I am actually not sure how good he is...

Tez will be back and I actually think we have a shot at going into the break undefeated.

YAH US!!!

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 06:27 PM)jwayne Wrote: I was not impressed with him in the first game.
Nickerson, is faster but needs more experienced.
Saw him TOTALLY turned around by a TE in a crossing pattern. It was UGLY. YEAH he looked like a Rookie...
HOWEVER, I would sit Brown and let his ankle become solid.
Vinny Rey his back up is CAPABLE? I am actually not sure how good he is...

Tez will be back and I actually think we have a shot at going into the break undefeated.

YAH US!!!

GO BENGALS!

Someone hit the pregame a little early. 
Reply/Quote
Preston Brown Inactive......damn
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 08:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Preston Brown Inactive......damn

That's gonna hurt.  The Ratbirds love to run the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote