Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown out for the season
(11-21-2018, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I do too. He's played injured most of this year, and still has some big plays. I'd like to see what a fully healthy Brown, Burfict and Vigil can do on the field together....

Gee, good idea go into next season with the same plan as this year...SSDD
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another failed free agent LB signing. We just can't get it right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The common denominator among the Bengals’ horrific linebacker play is Jim Haslett. Just bench the linebackers and play with seven defensive backs. You’ll get the same result with less injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 06:17 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Looks like we will be seeing a lot more Hardy Nickerson! Preston couldn’t stay healthy all year. I’ll admit I liked the signing in the offseason and thought he would help our linebacking core. Even when he was healthy he seemed more like a slower thumper type then a playmaker. However I was a bit skeptical when the lead leading tackler only signed for a one year deal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kat_terrell/status/1064989422515556353

This sucks, i actually thought he played okay for just his first year here. Had two big interceptions, but like all
of our LB's didn't tackle or cover well. Thought he would tackle better as he led the league in tackles a year ago.

Haslett needs to go. Would rather have Burfict coaching our LB's.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:07 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Gee, good idea go into next season with the same plan as this year...SSDD

Preston was healthy for less than one game this year, and you want to write him off?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Preston was healthy for less than one game this year, and you want to write him off?

Yup

Reply/Quote
I'm not worried. We'll sign another mediocre LB to a 1 yr contract next season.
Reply/Quote
Marv said Brown likely needs surgery on the ankle he injured in game 1. So he's been playing gimpy all season and in all likelihood it contributed to the knee injury that finally got him shut down

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 03:34 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Yup

Well, to be nice about it, that's just not very smart.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I do too. He's played injured most of this year, and still has some big plays. I'd like to see what a fully healthy Brown, Burfict and Vigil can do on the field together....

Yeah, I don't get the hate for him at all.  He was a solid LB in Buffalo, and likely would be here too without the injuries he tried to play through.  I'm not sold on Burfict anymore, but I agree with the thought process you have.  Going into the season, a lineup of Brown, Burfict, and Vigil looked like a pretty good plan.  It blew up in our faces.  Depth is a big problem on this team....coupled with standing pat at the trade deadline when you knew these issues loomed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, to be nice about it, that's just not very smart.

There will be better alternatives, we wont look for one but they will be there for other teams

Reply/Quote
Mack Wilson n Devin White are fast , quick cover linebackers that fit the new mold. First round type so the Bengals won’t draft them.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 02:39 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Mack Wilson n Devin White are fast , quick cover linebackers that fit the new mold.  First round type so the Bengals won’t draft them.

If they want Devin White they better start losing a whole lot more games. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 10:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is truly brilliance at work.  We're just going to spend a 3rd round pick on a project guy, that we likely could have still had in the 5th or 6th, just because we wanted him to have a few more bucks in his pocket while he learns how to play football..  (never mind the fact that we could have scored a decent Guard, Tackle, or even TE with that selection)
Maybe it was a pick to appease Austin/Haslet?

The track record of Marvin/Tobin/Brown for picking LBS is so terrible... so who the hell knows?

With huge question marks for starters at those positions you would've thought Vigil, Tez, and Brown would have deterred them from picking a project player at linebacker.

I didn't like the Walton pick either for that matter.

It's just perplexing that Jefferson can't see the field even with tons of starter injuries.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey, looks like Rueben Foster will be available:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/49ers-lb-reuben-foster-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-060858378--spt.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote