Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown out for the season
(11-20-2018, 09:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Sucks. He wasn't an All-Pro or anything, but he was decent in the run and actually created turnovers.

Just wonder who our next 1 year LB wonder is gonna be.
So far we've done Preston Brown, Kevin Minter, Karlos Dansby, AJ Hawk, James Harrison.

Think there's a bit of a pattern there......

Yeah, but this guy was still relatively young..  WTH??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Sucks. He wasn't an All-Pro or anything, but he was decent in the run and actually created turnovers.

Just wonder who our next 1 year LB wonder is gonna be.
So far we've done Preston Brown, Kevin Minter, Karlos Dansby, AJ Hawk, James Harrison.

Think there's a bit of a pattern there......

I kinda hope they bring him back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, but this guy was still relatively young..  WTH??

Yeah....I don't get it. He played through it against NO, and said he would be fine, then a week later, IR. Merv's buddy's son will be out there though! Only *certain* players are worthy of playing coming from the PS, according to Merv. Ugh....so sick of hearing his bullshit. I'm officially off the train after that lame ass comment.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....I don't get it. He played through it against NO, and said he would be fine, then a week later, IR. Merv's buddy's son will be out there though! Only *certain* players are worthy of playing coming from the PS, according to Merv. Ugh....so sick of hearing his bullshit. I'm officially off the train after that lame ass comment.

Me too, and I hope a helluva lot more voice the same. It's O-V-E-R Marvin. Leave please. Take Mr. Brown with you.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
What is the record for players on IR in a season? I think we may break it...
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:15 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Me too, and I hope a helluva lot more voice the same. It's O-V-E-R Marvin. Leave please. Take Mr. Brown with you.

Would love to see them walk away together, arm in arm if that suits them.  But one out of two would be a start and that's the most we'll ever get.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What is the record for players on IR in a season?  I think we may break it...

Well, we have captured a buttload of dubious records this year but there's room for one more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:15 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Me too, and I hope a helluva lot more voice the same. It's O-V-E-R Marvin. Leave please. Take Mr. Brown with you.

Yeah....hell Merv, what's that say about YOU that you have a Butterfinger like Core out there instead of on the PS? How many drops you gotta see, dumbass? How long did you have to watch Ogbuehi? Blodine? WTF?

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....hell Merv, what's that say about YOU that you have a Butterfinger like Core out there instead of on the PS? How many drops you gotta see, dumbass? How long did you have to watch Ogbuehi? Blodine? WTF?

The level of awful it took for Merv to shit can his hand picked DC says it all.  Okay guys, we have a hole in the boat.  We'll wait until it hits bottom and then ten minutes more, then we'll bail our asses off.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:31 PM)McC Wrote: The level of awful it took for Merv to shit can his hand picked DC says it all.  Okay guys, we have a hole in the boat.  We'll wait until it hits bottom and then ten minutes more, then we'll bail our asses off.

Sixteen years, SIXTEEN!  I had a little faith with the off-season. Now I see it for what it was ..... rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

Reply/Quote
[Image: oh-no-we-suck-again.jpg.7bfd70534d639bf4...2f2553.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sixteen years, SIXTEEN!  I had a little faith with the off-season. Now I see it for what it was ..... rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

What really suxx is that even when they make what looks a good decision, it inevitably goes all wrong.  The whole thing is Murphy's Law on steroids.  Mind numbing bad luck and bad decisions are such a deadly combo.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sixteen years, SIXTEEN!  I had a little faith with the off-season. Now I see it for what it was ..... rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

It's a little bit of everything. If you really look at our last 5-6 drafts...they've been pretty bad too. We're living off of drafting Dalton/Green/Boling and Atkins/Dunlap years ago.
Reply/Quote
I asked about Malik Jefferson the other day and the replies were meh. So what about the other young/unproven players? Are they really that bad to not be able to see the field behind the worst starting LBer group in the NFL. This is scary bad, someone out there Duke, Kate or whoever gets paid a lot of money to scout and evaluate these players. I'm convinced our scouting department is nothing more than YouTube. I don't even want to see M Jefferson start now, just gonna piss me off either way. He will A. Be freakin awesome leaving us pissed at Marvin and Co. for not playing him sooner or B. Be pathetic pissing me off just as much wondering why we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a little bit of everything. If you really look at our last 5-6 drafts...they've been pretty bad too. We're living off of drafting Dalton/Green/Boling and Atkins/Dunlap years ago.

Gruden and Zimmers picks, our last good coaches.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Good things injuries and Bengals sucking is like an old hat that unfortunately still fits perfectly, or I would be jumping off the deep end.

Yet all I can do is laugh.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 06:17 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Looks like we will be seeing a lot more Hardy Nickerson! Preston couldn’t stay healthy all year. I’ll admit I liked the signing in the offseason and thought he would help our linebacking core. Even when he was healthy he seemed more like a slower thumper type then a playmaker. However I was a bit skeptical when the lead leading tackler only signed for a one year deal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kat_terrell/status/1064989422515556353

I watch the games and dont ever remember these guys getting hurt and they are out for the year??  I remember Eifert's gruesome injury but I dont  remember seeing Brown being in that bad of shape.

Maybe its just Marvin wanting to develop Nickerson.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:10 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I asked about Malik Jefferson the other day and the replies were meh. So what about the other young/unproven players? Are they really that bad to not be able to see the field behind the worst starting LBer group in the NFL. This is scary bad, someone out there Duke, Kate or whoever gets paid a lot of money to scout and evaluate these players. I'm convinced our scouting department is nothing more than YouTube. I don't even want to see M Jefferson start now, just gonna piss me off either way. He will A. Be freakin awesome leaving us pissed at Marvin and Co. for not playing him sooner or B. Be pathetic pissing me off just as much wondering why we drafted him.

Jefferson was a project when they drafted him. They knew he wasn't ready and said as much, but hopefully next year he will be....
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I kinda hope they bring him back.

I do too. He's played injured most of this year, and still has some big plays. I'd like to see what a fully healthy Brown, Burfict and Vigil can do on the field together....
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jefferson was a project when they drafted him. They knew he wasn't ready and said as much, but hopefully next year he will be....

That is truly brilliance at work.  We're just going to spend a 3rd round pick on a project guy, that we likely could have still had in the 5th or 6th, just because we wanted him to have a few more bucks in his pocket while he learns how to play football..  (never mind the fact that we could have scored a decent Guard, Tackle, or even TE with that selection)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote