Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown signs with the Bengals
(03-17-2018, 03:47 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I agree. Besides Burfict, nobody looks behind the line and finds a way to get there. Brown's clip suggests he does that. He's really good in space. Reminds me A LOT of Burfict, perhaps with less aggressive tendencies (both good and bad). 

No doubt. Preston is smarter, he won't just WOW you like Burfict does but he will just consistently tackle and stop the run.

He is not bad in coverage either as Ocho shown. He is a 3 down MIKE linebacker. Exactly the type of backer we needed.

Polished too, so Haslett can't screw him up.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. Preston is smarter, he won't just WOW you like Burfict does but he will just consistently tackle and stop the run.

He is not bad in coverage either as Ocho shown. He is a 3 down MIKE linebacker. Exactly the type of backer we needed.

I like it. Why I would like it even more if we took a risk, and got a high motor, fast flying WOWing LBer that NEEDS to grow. Grow behind Burfict/Brown. Get LBs with ELITE speed in space. That would be amazing. I hope we do that. Honestly, probably first draft in a while where I literally have ZERO idea where we are going. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:01 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I like it. Why I would like it even more if we took a risk, and got a high motor, fast flying WOWing LBer that NEEDS to grow. Grow behind Burfict/Brown. Get LBs with ELITE speed in space. That would be amazing. I hope we do that. Honestly, probably first draft in a while where I literally have ZERO idea where we are going. 

Trumaine Edmunds is that exact type of LB'er, too bad he will be gone by 21. Roquan might be there or Vander Esche...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trumaine Edmunds is that exact type of LB'er, too bad he will be gone by 21. Roquan might be there or Vander Esche...

Literally just got done looking at his draft profile and was frothing at the mouth. 6'5 250? WTF! That's insane. That guy will be gone by 10, easily. 

Unless the draft gets QB happy (Hope they do). It might help us out. If he manages to go that long, we have to take him. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 04:14 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Literally just got done looking at his draft profile and was frothing at the mouth. 6'5 250? WTF! That's insane. That guy will be gone by 10, easily. 

Unless the draft gets QB happy (Hope they do). It might help us out. If he manages to go that long, we have to take him. 

Watch his highlights too man. Edmunds is a freak. Takes great angles, is fast, rangy, big and can cover.

He could be the next Burfict but bigger, faster and rangier. Jumps off tape. Shocked
Reply/Quote
Love the signing, and was one of the LB's I was hoping we'd get.
Don't like that it's only for 1 year though. Would've loved to have seen him locked for at least 3 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. Preston is smarter, he won't just WOW you like Burfict does but he will just consistently tackle and stop the run.

To be fair, I didn't say Brown was "good" in coverage, just that he played 99% of defensive snaps. There is room for improvement in this area of his game (or rather swap him out for a better coverage backer in Nickel situations).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
PK and Miller talked to Brown on the radio today. Seems happy to be home and looking forward to playing LB in a Marvin Lewis defense. He says right now it looked like he will be at Mike, Burfict at Will, and Rey at Sam. Wanting nothing to do with discussing the VB suspension.

Nothing earth shattering, but I did find it strange he was ready to list the LB corps by name and position.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PK and Miller talked to Brown on the radio today. Seems happy to be home and looking forward to playing LB in a Marvin Lewis defense. He says right now it looked like he will be at Mike, Burfict at Will, and Rey at Sam. Wanting nothing to do with discussing the VB suspension.

Nothing earth shattering, but I did find it strange he was ready to list the LB corps by name and position.

V Rey over Vigil?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 08:17 PM)samhain Wrote: V Rey over Vigil?

That's what PB said, but it seems very premature. FWIW, I'd take you over Vigil and I've never seen you play. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Looks like a good pickup. Gets to the ball carrier. Will get exposed in coverage, but a definite boost to the LB group for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, I didn't say Brown was "good" in coverage, just that he played 99% of defensive snaps. There is room for improvement in this area of his game (or rather swap him out for a better coverage backer in Nickel situations).

Cool man, my apologies.
Reply/Quote
Look what I found.....lol

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Wired_for_Sound_Best_of_2016_First_Half/6c44d8e9-05a9-4045-af63-498d6b77a243
Reply/Quote