Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown signs with the Bengals
Another solid signing by the Bengals. Don't know how all of these moves will shake out next season, but I gotta give them credit for attempting to fix this thing other than through the draft alone.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thought Gerald Hodges was more likely as he was cut. This is much better, Preston Brown is a great tackler, like Burfict.

Another great move by the FO! Rock On

Glad to see some who were cautiously optimistic are getting a little less cautious. Smirk

I am.

It's looking up. If we get a safety and or center in Free Agency I might lose my s***
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
hell yeah
Reply/Quote
The last three seasons he has finished 1st, 6th, and 11th in the league in tackles.

Over than span Bobby Wagner is the only player with more tackles than Brown's 396.
Reply/Quote
Only bummer here is that it's a one year deal. Much better than the Minter signing last year, though. Opens the draft up again. I was a big Rashaan Evans guy, now at pick 21 it's anyone's guess.
Reply/Quote
Glenn, McCarron, Brown.......Did the Bills and Bengals agree to only deal with each other's players?

Another Good move! So THIS is what Free Agency is supposed to be like! Don't know what happened in the Front Office since the end of the season, but seems to be for the better. 2 smart moves that help the team right away. If they get a starting Center and/or Guard in FA or the Draft....could be the best off-season I've seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda impressed with the Bengals offseason so far...it isn't flashy but they are hitting the right spots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Louisville Cardinal started 14 games as a rookie in 2014 and led Bills in tackles. Started 16 games every season since and led NFL in tackles one year. Well Yes, Welcome to Cincinnati Mr. Brown. So we get Glenn and Brown from Bills, both still young. Sounds great.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
someone said its a one year deal, but no way. He was one of the better linebackers in this free agency and he's young. he wouldn't take a 1 year deal when he put up some of the highest stats at his position. So i'm eagerly waiting to heal the details on the deal.

I will say this tho if its a big long term deal this could add validity they are looking to trade Burfict and i wouldn't be surprised to see news on that today if its true

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This really does feel like it is covering our bases so that we can do whatever we want in the draft. We are forced to do anything at 21 as we can realistically come up in the second if need be for a center.
Reply/Quote
Cant say i know much about this guy. but PFF seems to like him. a solid 71.6 rating with 70 + in both vs pass an rush. Looks good to me on the face of it :)
Reply/Quote
what's his PFF rankings... I'm watching his highlights on YouTube..guy can tackle!!
Reply/Quote
You have to love this deal, we all know LBer has been a need for years (esp with #55 not being able to stay on the field because of injuries and suspensions), this opens up the draft even more......what has happened to our Bengals, they dont make these types of moves in FA/
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
So it’s official, this front office is trying to win NOW. Ecstatic doesn’t begin to describe how I’m feeling at the moment.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:13 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's looking up. If we get a safety and or center in Free Agency I might lose my s***

I think we are looking to Draft our Center early as we should. More upside than any of the current FA Centers and much cheaper. 

Sure would love a ballhawk Safety though, they were already looking at one in Coleman before.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:25 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Only bummer here is that it's a one year deal. Much better than the Minter signing last year, though. Opens the draft up again. I was a big Rashaan Evans guy, now at pick 21 it's anyone's guess.

get him here see how he fits then extend him if it works out....       I don't mind 1 year deals keeps players motiviated but then theres always the risk of losing or big pay increases the next year.

But I'm sooooooo happy minter is gone my god that was hard to watch last year.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are taking the old school approach this year. pound the rock n play defense. Brown reminds me of Burfict.. nasty hitter. now draft a bad was center n guard n let's go
Reply/Quote
Its like us and bills are best buddys now.

Glenn trade
win win
They got McCarron
We Get Preston Brown

Whats next lol
Reply/Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw

Reply/Quote
Does not have great straight line speed (4.8 forty), but at the '14 combine he finished 8th among LBs in the 3 cone drill (6.98), and 11th in the short shuttle (4.26).

Combine numbers don't really mean a lot when you have 4 years of NFL production to judge him by, but this may give people a better idea of how we will use him. He was obviously a 3 down player in Buffalo, and I expect him to do the same here. But he may not be the best in pass coverage.
Reply/Quote