Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price and Bates
(01-20-2019, 02:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Price allowed 1 sack and 1 pressure...

1 sack and 1 qb hit, not pressure.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:28 PM)jason Wrote: It's almost as if it's a tough position for a rookie to play huh?

Yeah, especially coming off of injuries.

I'm not crucifying Price, by the way. I'm in no way saying he is a bust or any noise like that, playing center is tough and the guys who did it well early are more exceptions. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 05:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He graded out at 50.9 on the season. Which is terrible.

And what multiple grading outlets are yoy referencing ?? Please dont just say what seems to be the google of info in the NFl lol...i thought for a rookie he did ok, we did not have a ton of pressures , we ran the ball much better i did not see a ton of penalties and dont remember  too many bad snaps
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And what multiple grading outlets are yoy referencing ?? Please dont just say what seems to be the google of info in the NFl lol...i thought for a rookie he did ok, we did not have a ton of pressures , we ran the ball much better i did not see a ton of penalties and dont remember  too many bad snaps

Price was bad, idk how that’s even debatable. Hopkins outplayed him at C. Doesn’t mean he’s a bust, but let’s not pretend he was better than he was either.

Let’s see what a different OL coach (and hopefully a healthy season) brings.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: She's here, I'll tell her.
You must be the big guy upstairs too.  Thanks Harley... you're swell.   :andy:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You must be the big guy upstairs too.  Thanks Harley... you're swell.   :andy:

Sad

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sad

That's not what I meant Harley.  You must be the fat guy(or other largeness)lol taking care of my Moms.  Not God.  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's not what I meant Harley.  You must be the fat guy(or other largeness)lol taking care of my Moms.  Not God.  

Whew. Felt pretty bad there. Glad to hear she’s ok.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 07:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: 1 sack and 1 qb hit, not pressure.

Ok, that's still pretty damn good for a rookie who basically could not train since the combine
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hubbard led all rookie D-linemen in sacks and was 3rd in tackles.

I think the media must have just voted on who started instead of who really played well

I see this argument, but Price missed several games due to injury.  I think they were generous in his case due to the difficulty in starting as a rookie at that position.  

Leaving Hubbard out is inexcusable, though.  He was our most impactful rookie, followed closely by Bates. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. Price got it by default because of lack of competition.

Bates actually played well, and deserves any recognition he gets.

Eh, in ten years, both trophies will look exactly the same sitting on a shelf.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 01:03 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: really according to these boards Price should be replaced immediately.

Really? Haven't heard that, he didn't play as well as i hoped for a rookie but the guy was injured. He deserves a pass.

(01-20-2019, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hubbard led all rookie D-linemen in sacks and was 3rd in tackles.

I think the media must have just voted on who started instead of who really played well

Yeah, Hubbard was our 2nd best rookie and had a fine year. Should of been honored.

Congrats to Bates, dude was really good and even tackled well which was his one knock coming out of college.

Could have a future star Safety on our hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 02:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Price allowed 1 sack and 1 pressure...

...in the Denver game alone.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 01:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might have a point.  What portion of the National media really pays any serious attention to the Cincinnati Bengals?

hell Pittsburgh DC didn't even know Eifert was hurt.
Reply/Quote