Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price at guard
Price seemed to have a pretty good game at guard. I think they have found his spot. Most of the positive run were coming on the left side as he seemed to get good drive. Maybe Jordan moves to right guard as Miller us Hart 2.0. What's your thoughts if I dare ask?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll say this. The interior of the OL looked less shitty than the edges, that is all.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Can’t be any worse than what we have out there
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:22 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Price seemed to have a pretty good game at guard. I think they have found his spot. Most of the positive run were coming on the left side as he seemed to get good drive. Maybe Jordan moves to right guard as Miller us Hart 2.0.  What's your thoughts if I dare ask?

You're an OSU fan. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're an OSU fan. 

Nope hate them. Actually a Notre Dame season ticket holder.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:29 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Nope hate them. Actually a Notre Dame season ticket holder.

OK, thought #2. Miller is currently our 2nd best Olineman. Perhaps see what MJ can do at LT, he has the build. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:22 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Price seemed to have a pretty good game at guard. I think they have found his spot. Most of the positive run were coming on the left side as he seemed to get good drive. Maybe Jordan moves to right guard as Miller us Hart 2.0.  What's your thoughts if I dare ask?

I didn't focus on him, but he had a really terrible pass pro rep where they ran a stunt and he got a wide eyes "Oh shit" look on his face as he recognized it way too late and the DL ran by him before he came off his double team.
Reply/Quote

In our 0 1st downs for the entire 1st half performance, the whole offensive line looked amazing.

Seriously. Price looked terrible at Guard last week. This week, the offense was so much of a trainwreck that it was hard to tell who was the problem. I did see Miller got beat for a sack.
Reply/Quote
I tried to focus on the line most of the game. Right side just gets man handled run blocking. Andre is just told damn old. Hopkins and Price held up well and go drive in the run game. Did see Price and Hopkins get beat on 1 pass protection each.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:47 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I tried to focus on the line most of the game. Right side just gets man handled run blocking. Andre is just told damn old. Hopkins and Price held up well and go drive in the run game. Did see Price and Hopkins get beat on 1 pass protection each.

He looked pretty good getting down field on the Mixon screen play to lead block. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I am an OSU fan — and an alumnus — and I’m not sure Billy Price is NFL quality. With this said, he might be among the best offensive linemen on the Cincinnati roster. That’s how crappy the Bengals’ offensive line is.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I am an OSU fan and I’m not sure Billy Price is NFL quality.  With this said, he might be among the best offensive linemen on the Cincinnati roster.  That’s how crappy the Bengals’ offensive line is.

Well said.

I will say that on a better coached team, he could have developed.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well said.

Maybe he will — but it won’t be in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well said.

Doubt it. Price has an issue eating space between him and the defensive tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
You all won't like this, but last year Mixon went over 1000 yds with Redmond and Hart on the right side of the line. After game 4, if the running game has not improved, I think they have to put False Start Redmond back in.....
Reply/Quote
He's suspended 4 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You all won't like this, but last year Mixon went over 1000 yds with Redmond and Hart on the right side of the line. After game 4, if the running game has not improved, I think they have to put False Start Redmond back in.....

Hopefully he's juiced to the gills when he gets back. I'm legit 100 percent ok with our offensive lineman using whatever dangerous and irresponsible levels of PEDs they must use to get themselves to a reasonable level of play
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I am an OSU fan — and an alumnus — and I’m not sure Billy Price is NFL quality.  With this said, he might be among the best offensive linemen on the Cincinnati roster.  That’s how crappy the Bengals’ offensive line is.

I would argue that Price is 100% NFL quality. He may not be suited for the position we drafted him, but there's a spot for him on most rosters out there as a starting quality guard.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Price needs to start over Jordan. If Glenn would ever recover from his concussion he should start over Andre. Then the line will be mediocre its no coincidence that Price, Hopkins, and Hart why Mixon suddenly seen open holes for the first time this season
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:44 PM)Brimey Wrote: Hopefully he's juiced to the gills when he gets back. I'm legit 100 percent ok with our offensive lineman using whatever dangerous and irresponsible levels of PEDs they must use to get themselves to a reasonable level of play

I dont think you are going to get your wish. I had a glimmer of hope he would improve on last year. But then he got busted for using PEDs and looked fat and sloppy and like he regressed massively in the preseason. He was getting abused late in meaningless preseason games by guys who probably are not on anyones 53
Reply/Quote