Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price has been fired! Riggleman takes over.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well it's about time! Now, hire a successful manager. Is Lou available?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Ken Zampeze! Oh wait. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Since team owners seldom fire themselves the next in line should be Williams getting the ax, but heck ,he's family so that probably isn't happening. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I can do it. I think we still have a chance to get to WS? On my way to Cincinnati!

[Image: giphy-tumblr.gif]

Reply/Quote
Should have happened after '16 season when a pitching coach Manager's team had a historically bad/record bad bullpen.

Now they just need to fire Dick Williams and Walt Jocketty, then real progress can start.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 08:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Should have happened after '16 season when a pitching coach Manager's team had a historically bad/record bad bullpen.

Now they just need to fire Dick Williams and Walt Jocketty, then real progress can start.

For sure. I know DW has only been here two years, but the lack of direction and fact we’ve actually gotten worse, he has to be on a short leash. WJ needs to go after this season.
Reply/Quote
Conspiracy theory alert!

Price's record is 279-387 which is a 666 games. One more win that would equal out to .420 win %. Does that mean this FO supports Satan and smokes pot?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 11:52 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Conspiracy theory alert!

Price's record is 279-387 which is a 666 games. One more win that would equal out to .420 win %. Does that mean this FO supports Satan and smokes pot?
Satan would make them win because they sold their souls to win.. Pot smoking has nothing to do with it so perhaps they've all become lsd users and are hallucinating about winning  ... Ron Stark (the alleged Godfather of LSD) is probably behind it all. 

Reply/Quote
New manager, same result. I would say the Reds are addicted to losing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 01:36 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: New manager, same result. I would say the Reds are addicted to losing.

Not being good enough might also have something to do with it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not defending Price, but no one is winning with this line up.

19 games into the season the Reds are dead last in MLB in wins and runs scored and second to last (thank you Miami) in earned runs allowed.

this is going to be a long long season.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not defending Price, but no one is winning with this line up.

19 games into the season the Reds are dead last in MLB in wins and runs scored and second to last (thank you Miami) in earned runs allowed.

Indeed.

As I said I another thread, Price was handed a 68 win team minus Cozart plus 2 journeyman relievers and expected to do better.  This is a major league roster littered with minor-league caliber ballplayers.  

Not only will this be a long, long season, but there may be several to follow.  If they don't start spending like a real MLB organization, this will be our reality thru 2020 at least.  A "3 year rebuild" didn't do squat for this team after 2013/14.  It's going to take a hell of a lot longer to fix a team this historically awful.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not defending Price, but no one is winning with this line up.

Truth. Injuries have been huge, too. I have a strong feeling that WJ and DW are in the cross-hairs. If not, this is a symptom of a bigger issue. I love baseball, but the past 20+ games have been abysmal beyond belief. This lineup is not THAT bad. They were pegged for about 70-80 wins which I think is more like it. Not 50-60. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 11:02 PM)samhain Wrote: Indeed.

As I said I another thread, Price was handed a 68 win team minus Cozart plus 2 journeyman relievers and expected to do better.  This is a major league roster littered with minor-league caliber ballplayers.  

Not only will this be a long, long season, but there may be several to follow.  If they don't start spending like a real MLB organization, this will be our reality thru 2020 at least.  A "3 year rebuild" didn't do squat for this team after 2013/14.  It's going to take a hell of a lot longer to fix a team this historically awful.

I think it's all about progress/development. I don't necessarily care about wins/losses if they can find some quality core players and shape a roster for the future. They haven't developed (or found) many quality players yet. And like you said, the future actually doesn't look much better (at least not now). Heads should and probably will roll because of that. 
Reply/Quote
Did'nt take as long as I thought it would to fire Price. Although the Front Office hasn't been real gracious in giving the man anything to work with! Pitching sucks,Hitting is medium at best, haven't seen any fire or winning attitude out of anybody in the lineup!
Reply/Quote
Well, at least Votto is starting to heat up. This team needs him badly. He is like Lebron to the Cavaliers.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 12:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, at least Votto is starting to heat up. This team needs him badly. He is like Lebron to the Cavaliers.

Yup !

A productive Votto is the only thing standing between this team and 100+ losses
Reply/Quote
Well we've at least looked semi competitive in losing to the Brew Crew. Can we set baseball back 100 yrs this weekend between the Marlins and our rancid play on the field?
Reply/Quote