Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price on Redmond... Good Grief
(09-08-2018, 09:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals could still have Westerman in starting lineup if they would be willing to kick Boling out to OT opposite Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more likely scenario is Boling kicks out to LT due to an injury to Glenn and Westerman comes in at LG. Boling played out there at the end of last season and did well.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-price-seeks-same-page-to-write-debut-marv-opens-against-8th-new-coach

Is this a new guy, or has Redmond been holding back???

Man, i love our new Center. This is what our team has always needed, a leader with smarts, confidence and an
anchor that doesn't get drove back into our QB. Him lending confidence to Redmond only helps and Redmond
seems to be brimming with it at this moment. You and i were pushing for Westerman at RG but we only want the
best guy to start there and if it is Redmond so be it.

Just get those penalties under control.

(09-08-2018, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Redmond looked like a significant upgrade when he finally got his shot a year ago.  He has always been the strongest of the linemen, but had mental lapses and maturity issues.  I think once he gets his opening day jitters out, he will be pancaking some guys and Mixon is going to love running behind that right side.  Boling is our best pulling guard and he won't have to dodge a backpedalling Bodine on his way to the right side this year.

Redmond is just 23 years old.  He lost 25 pounds of bad weight (which I understand they initially wanted him to gain) and has better mobility now for the pass protection but is still a road grader.  

I can't wait to see what they do against Indy.  If they can get a good start to the season and play with confidence, they can go all the way.  

Great point about Boling finally being able to pull without trying to run around our Center.

He is a very good pulling Guard you are correct, something Zeitler was always too slow to do.

But hey, maybe Bodine was hampering him too.

(09-08-2018, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And as much as I kept my earlier comment on Redmond, this also has me fired up about Price.  He didn't give up A SINGLE PRESSURE in the preseason (and he ONLY went against the #1s ) and just like at OSU, he was the mouthpiece for that offense.  

I am so thrilled we got him and Glenn with that single first round pick.  That might prove to be the move of the offseason.  

No doubt brother, i am fired up myself! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 10:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: The more likely scenario is Boling kicks out to LT due to an injury to Glenn and Westerman comes in at LG. Boling played out there at the end of last season and did well.

Glenn is fine, they are just letting him rest and get 100% or close to it before the game. Sore shoulder.

Contrary to some peoples belief he has been more healthy over his career than a player named AJ Green.

BTW, Boling has also played RT in college so this is not out of the question and it gets our best 2 Tackles on the
field at the same time. Hart i hope plays good but this is a good insurance policy in case he sucks. I think it would
be more likely though if we would of seen this lineup before like Daddy-O said.

But you never know, Boling is THAT versatile that it could happen. This O-line is a work in progress still.

Just hope to see improvement in the pulling and stunts in the run game against the Colts.

The pass blocking has been pretty superb which i think matters the most at this point. Don't get QB killed. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Well, if this is true then there should be a good run game.
Reply/Quote
“My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully. He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it. They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

- Alex Redmond
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 04:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully.  He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it. They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

- Alex Redmond

Did PA ever play O-line BTW?

Just wondering, he is a fat guy so he might of in college or high school or something.

We all know Pollack played and he played at the NFL level.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did PA ever play O-line BTW?

Just wondering, he is a fat guy so he might of in college or high school or something.

We all know Pollack played and he played at the NFL level.

Good thing is we finally move on. Tomorrow is the beginning of something great!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 09:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-price-seeks-same-page-to-write-debut-marv-opens-against-8th-new-coach

Is this a new guy, or has Redmond been holding back???

Quote:“Yin and yang. Yin and yang,” Price said of him and Redmond. “Clint’s his own character. It’s going to be cool having (Redmond’s) energy and having him coming in just smashing people. But let’s do it controlled. Let’s do it the right way. When he’s 100 percent confident in what he’s doing and where he’s going, he’s going to ‘kill,’ somebody. That’s how he is. That makes us balanced. That’s what is really cool about it.”

This, my friends, is what we have been waiting for.  We are seeing the start of unity, watching cohesiveness develop before our very eyes.  Let's not forget that this is still a 4/5 new group of starters up front, they're going to take a few lumps, before they become a well oiled machine.  But, seeing quotes like that one shows me that the love is there, they are indeed bonding, becoming a formidable force.

Welcome to the starting OL, Alex Redmond!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This, my friends, is what we have been waiting for.  We are seeing the start of unity, watching cohesiveness develop before our very eyes.  Let's not forget that this is still a 4/5 new group of starters up front, they're going to take a few lumps, before they become a well oiled machine.  But, seeing quotes like that one shows me that the love is there, they are indeed bonding, becoming a formidable force.

Welcome to the starting OL, Alex Redmond!

Gotta respect your opinion on all OLine-related matters. I'm throwing down $50 on tomorrow's game. If they can block, we ought to break the scoreboard.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Billy Price is already the leader of the offensive line. This is fantastic.
Reply/Quote
Obviously we'd like to avoid mistakes as much as possible, but I'd rather the mistakes be made while they're trying to be aggressive. It's better than being too passive and second guessing yourself. I think that will show a change in culture and I don't mind that.
Reply/Quote
Redmond needs to sleep with headphones on playing Andy's snap counts..... Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:59 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Can we please stop with the Boling to RT talk.  If this were going to happen it would have happened during the off season.

The Bengals know what they have at LG.  Every other line position needed to be worked out after last year.  Moving Boling to RT assumes Westerman is hands down starting material at LG.  So far the coaching staff has not seen that so let's just let it play out the way it is for now.  Pollack is a smart dude.  If he felt this was the best approach it would have happened already.  Patience.

To be fair, I didn’t say Boling to RT specifically, I said OT opposite Glenn. That could also mean Boling back to LT and Glenn to RT Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote