Poll: Better Center for the Bengals
Billy Price
James Daniels
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price vs Daniels
Found this, albeit Price was hurt during bench press.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/james-daniels
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/billy-price
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
John Sheeran over at Cincyjungle did a excellent job on a film review of James Daniels.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2018/3/23/17141072/james-daniels-scouting-report-bengals-replacement-russell-bodine-nfl-draft-2018

Wish John would start posting here again. CJ stole one of the good draft posters from here lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:29 PM)Synric Wrote: John Sheeran over at Cincyjungle did a excellent job on a film review of James Daniels.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2018/3/23/17141072/james-daniels-scouting-report-bengals-replacement-russell-bodine-nfl-draft-2018

Wish John would start posting here again. CJ stole one of the good draft posters from here lol.

What was his username here?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ive settled in on Daniels.

Elite movement skills. ++

Only 20 years old. So he has a lot of room for improvement.+

Currently healthy.++++
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 04:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ive settled in on Daniels.

Elite movement skills. ++

Only 20 years old. So he has a lot of room for improvement.+

Currently healthy.++++

Least important on the list.

I really could go either way on this.  It seems like Daniels is a rare prospect at the position, but it worries me that his main weakness is that he struggles anchoring.  That's a huge issue in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 11:34 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Least important on the list.

I really could go either way on this.  It seems like Daniels is a rare prospect at the position, but it worries me that his main weakness is that he struggles anchoring.  That's a huge issue in the NFL.

At 20 years old its the one area im most confident he will improve. Dude hasnt even developed the grown man strength yet.

And i disagree about the importance. I want to be able to hit the ground running. Pun intended. If anybody knows how to deal with pressure blowing up the middle its Dalton. So i will put up with some rookie growing pains. Get him in there first thing next to Boling and let him start growing. Whoever we get needs to be healthy from the get go. Or Marvin will have him on the bench all year. 

Love Price. The homer in me wants him real bad. But watching the way Daniels moves gets me thinking about the little guy playing C that just won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Cincy Jungle write up on Billy Price.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/31/17170812/nfl-draft-2018-billy-price-cant-walk-on-water-but-will-keep-you-afloat
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Am fine with either

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I really think this thread should be named Price vs Ragnow.

As i think both of these guys fit what Pollack wants here and what we need in the AFC North over Daniels.

We don't need an athletic technician, we need a big, smart, nasty, physical Center that can handle the big uglies.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really think this thread should be named Price vs Ragnow.

As i think both of these guys fit what Pollack wants here and what we need in the AFC North over Daniels.

We don't need an athletic technician, we need a big, smart, nasty, physical Center that can handle the big uglies.

This.
Reply/Quote
Wow wow wow. Just became aware that Price has shorter arms than Bodine. 32 vs 32.5"

Not a deal breaker. But another reason I'm leaning towards Daniels.

20 years old for Daniels vs 24 for price.

The homer shades were slowly going back on and I was starting to want Price in the 1st.. But now looking back at the USC game. The arm length. The age. The torn pec.

If we go C in 1 it should be the young master techician from Iowa.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 11:34 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Least important on the list.

Not everybody remembers his rookie season, but Clint Boling was knocked around quite a bit.  He wound up being benched, either for injury or due to his struggles.  Fast forward to modern day and Clint is our best interior OL.  At Daniels's age, that's certainly an issue that can be fixed.  The fact that he has proper technique down already(unlike Price with his lunging and over-aggressiveness at times) is impressive.  I'd be content with a first round selection of Daniels, and I think that he actually has a higher ceiling than Price.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Cincy Jungle write up on Billy Price.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/31/17170812/nfl-draft-2018-billy-price-cant-walk-on-water-but-will-keep-you-afloat

Sure doesn't sound like the write up for a first rounder.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 01:54 PM)McC Wrote: Sure doesn't sound like the write up for a first rounder.

Very true.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 01:54 PM)McC Wrote: Sure doesn't sound like the write up for a first rounder.

They picked his worst games/plays. I can do this with any prospect. Just remember some scouts had Peyton Manning as the biggest bust in history before the draft.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer Daniels over Price but won't be upset with either.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 09:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow wow wow. Just became aware that Price has shorter arms than Bodine. 32 vs 32.5"

Not a deal breaker. But another reason I'm leaning towards Daniels.

20 years old for Daniels vs 24 for price.

The homer shades were slowly going back on and I was starting to want Price in the 1st.. But now looking back at the USC game. The arm length. The age. The torn pec.

If we go C in 1 it should be the young master techician from Iowa.

I like Ragnow the best of them all now. He is bigger than Daniels, has longer arms then Price and was the best Center in college
before his injury. He also played in the SEC against the big uglies and he is extremely smart and is both good as a run blocker and
a pass blocker.

I stand by wanting a more physical, bigger, nastier, smarter Center than a technician. Fits more of what Pollack says he wants too.
Reply/Quote