Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prime Time Curse
This team can't win on the road out west.

This team can't come from behind.

This team hasn't played a top defense yet.

This team has heard it all before, and overcome it every time thus far. This team is different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: ......................  This team is different.

So far! Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 05:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Regarless of how the game on November 1st turns out, the Bengals have 4 primetime games this year.  Two at home back to back, two away back to back.

History shows the most they've ever won in a season is one.

What happens this year???

This year presents a chance for the team to shed some long time monkeys. So far they are doing well.

One of the biggest problems in prime time lately has been Dalton getting knocked around and panicking. I really don't see that happening this year. If he was going to panic and start throwing balls up for grabs it would have been in the Seattle game. He was sacked 4 times in that game and got knocked around pretty good, not to mention being in the hole by 17.

I'm looking forward to the Bengals playing good football in prime time this year.

Reply/Quote
With that loss, expect Steelers to come out swinging with tons of penalties.

Win or lose, there's never a better time to rewrite Bengals primetime history then this year!
Reply/Quote
The San Fran game gets flexed to the Broncos/Squealers or Cardinals/Eagles

Don't think we stay in that time slot
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Side Note.  The Negative Rep thing is really working out in OP's favor:

bengalguy71
Threads: 3

Time to start over bud.  Give it another whirl.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 08:57 AM)corpjet Wrote: The San Fran game gets flexed to the Broncos/Squealers or Cardinals/Eagles

Don't think we stay in that time slot

Spot on.  Problem is we'll still have to fly out to SF, come back, then out to Denver for next week.  Don't like that schedule that late in the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This team has been breaking negative streaks, in the past few years.  So, I'm going to remain optimistic on this one, and say that they win 3 of 4.

Yeah and this team seems much better than the last few years as well.

I expect the Primetime troubles to go away this season as long we we stay healthy.

Too many weapons, too good of an O-line, too good of RB's, too good of a QB right now and too good of a pass rush...

Plus if Burfict comes back somewhat healthy that should add even more fuel to the fire.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 06:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Seriously, everyone is so positive and supportive, and that would normally be a good thing.

However.......

I've been around long enough to know the first bad game they have, Brown and Lewis will become horses behinds and the worst owner and coach that ever lived,,,again, and Dalton will go from The Red Rifle to Howdy Doody,,,,,again.

Just wait and see!  Can't wait for the 'I told you sos'!

Dabo? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Boston Redsox were supposed to have been cursed, but went on to win the WS a few years back. The curse only applies if you keep doing the same old dumb shit over and over and over and over and over ....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 05:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Regarless of how the game on November 1st turns out, the Bengals have 4 primetime games this year. Two at home back to back, two away back to back.

well last year we managed to beat the broncos....

I think we can handle these first 2 at home.

Heck we might be resting starters come the 4th one week 16... but that depends on NE & Denver dropping a few games before then... Broncos gonna lose to the packers this weekend. so that helps.

Also generally they put good teams on prime time Or at least who they think will be good based on the previous year. (except thursdays those are usally divisional games now)

But... Our 4 prime time games.
Browns
Texans
49ers
Broncos...

at the very worst losing to the broncos (who we beat in prime time last year i'd say 3-1) if we stay healthy
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 05:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Regarless of how the game on November 1st turns out, the Bengals have 4 primetime games this year.  Two at home back to back, two away back to back.

Winning on the WC, from behind, prime time, etc. None of it matters. It's our time.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 12:16 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Primetime has haunted them the whole 47 year old history of the franchise.

Just like playoff victories.

They have 5 in 47 years, all at home.

Jacksonville has 5 in 21 years, 2 at home, 3 away.

Go figure.

And remind me how many times the Jags  and a few others have never made it to super bowl one or two times ????? 

You make it out to be like the Bengals have never been very good.  If you look in the 70s  the Bengals were a just a notch below powers of the AFC in Steelers ,Dolphins, and Raiders.....  they were the 9th most winning team in the 70s. as i stated before i care less about how they get to hopefully 13-3 or 12-4 at least with a first round bye but that they get there.. and if you ask the players.. i bet they will say the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:29 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: And remind me how many times the Jags  and a few others have never made it to super bowl one or two times ????? 

You make it out to be like the Bengals have never been very good.  If you look in the 70s  the Bengals were a just a notch below powers of the AFC in Steelers ,Dolphins, and Raiders.....  they were the 9th most winning team in the 70s. as i stated before i care less about how they get to hopefully 13-3 or 12-4 at least with a first round bye but that they get there.. and if you ask the players.. i bet they will say the same thing.

This is a completely different team.

People living in the past are doing just that. They are missing out on somethin special.

Not that we did not have a decent past back in the 70's and even better, the 80's. But this might just be much better right frikin now.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is a completely different team.

People living in the past are doing just that. They are missing out on somethin special.

Not that we did not have a decent past back in the 70's and even better, the 80's. But this might just be much better right frikin now.

I agree with most of this. Living in the past and franchise history are 2 very different things. You are talking like a fan who enjoys watching a team who is capable of winning each week, as am I.

But for many,  there is only one winner a year and everyone else is a loser. It doesn't matter to them how many SBs a team has played. 

Yes, I'd like to see them win a SB, and, provided there are no major lengthy injuries, this team has a great chance to do this.

But you can't win a SB if you don't make the playoffs.

That's why Anderson and Esaison scratch their heads when they hear all the Dalton bashing.

Anderson made the playoffs 4 years out of 16 and won 2 games.

Esaison made the playoffs 2 years out of 14 and won 3 playoff games.

Dalton will probably make the playoffs for the 5th straight year, already one more than Anderson made in 16 years!

Anderson asked, "Whats the problem with the heat Dalton is getting? Hes already made the playoffs 4 times in 4 years, the same number of times that took me 16 years to do! Each time you 'make' the playoffs, you have a 'chance' to win the SB. Today, only 12 teams a year get that chance, 20 teams a year have zero chance."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:29 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: And remind me how many times the Jags  and a few others have never made it to super bowl one or two times ????? 

Not true at all. I would love to see this team rewrite some history. I'm one that likes the idea each week, they have a great chance to win each game.

Yes, would love to see a championship, but I also agree with Kenny Anderson. You can't win a championship unless you are one of the fortunate 12 teams that 'make' the playoffs, as opposed to the 20 that have no chance at a championship.

If they were to lose Sunday and the next 2 big stage games, they would still be 6-3, and, worse case, tied for first, but if that happens, the haters and bashers will be out in force claiming the sky is falling!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not true at all. I would love to see this team rewrite some history. I'm one that likes the idea each week, they have a great chance to win each game.

Yes, would love to see a championship, but I also agree with Kenny Anderson. You can't win a championship unless you are one of the fortunate 12 teams that 'make' the playoffs, as opposed to the 20 that have no chance at a championship.

If they were to lose Sunday and the next 2 big stage games, they would still be 6-3, and, worse case, tied for first, but if that happens, the haters and bashers will be out in force claiming the sky is falling!

So you would expect for people to just shrug off those 3 losses? Pffffft. If the. Bengals were to blow it and drop 3 straight games to those inferior teams, all fans would have the right obligation to complain about that.

Fortunately that will not happen.  The Bengals will be 8-1 or 9-0 in 3 weeks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So you would expect for people to just shrug off those 3 losses? Pffffft. If the. Bengals were to blow it and drop 3 straight games to those inferior teams, all fans would have the right obligation to complain about that.

Fortunately that will not happen.  The Bengals will be 8-1 or 9-0 in 3 weeks.
Complain?  Big difference between complaining and sounding like a hateful Steelers fan by attacking them.

For me, in these next 3 games, history will be rewritten or not. It's that simple.

Would love to see it rewritten and 9-0.

It's one thing to lose and beat yourself, but it's another thing losing because you made the other team beat you.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Complain?  Big difference between complaining and sounding like a hateful Steelers fan by attacking them.

For me, in these next 3 games, history will be rewritten or not. It's that simple.

Would love to see it rewritten and 9-0.

It's one thing to lose and beat yourself, but it's another thing losing because you made the other team beat you.

But if they go 9-0, then they'll have to lose each of their last 7 games to make your prediction correct.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Complain?  Big difference between complaining and sounding like a hateful Steelers fan by attacking them.

Well, here's your prediction just in case anyone missed it.  Rolleyes

Quote:November 1st will be a reality check for this franchise and their history.

History will NOT be rewritten!  It will repeat itself just as it did in 1975 when the 6-0 Bengals lost game 7 to the Steelers.

Big Ben, Bell, and Brown will beat this team twice, with an offense too much for the Bengal defense.  (6-2)

History also shows that this team typically wins just one prim-time game a year. (7-5)

Couple that will devastating injuries that will occur they are looking at a 9-7 finish, missing the playoffs in typical Bengal fashion!!
Reply/Quote