Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primetime Redemption
If the Bengals want to stay relevant this season and 'make up' for the loss to Pitt, they have a perfect opportunity this Sunday.

"But the Bengals on Primetime! Nuuuuu"

Ya, i get it, but you can't argue that this team has the perfect opportunity to atone for themselves. Will they do it? Not sure. BUT, you couldn't write a better script for winning the nay-sayers back than beating KC in Arrowhead.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If the Bengals want to stay relevant this season and 'make up' for the loss to Pitt, they have a perfect opportunity this Sunday.

Ya, i get it, but you can't argue that this team has the perfect opportunity to atone for themselves. Will they do it? Not sure. BUT, you couldn't write a better script for winning the nay-sayers back than beating KC in Arrowhead.

It would be beyond wonderful, BEYOND.

But, Bengals have never won on SNF, ever. My dad says, "then that means they're overdue!"

I sure hope so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The ONLY chance they have in my opinion is to feed Joe Mixon with 25-30 carries and go on time consuming drives. Best D here will be a good O.

We must keep their offense off the field. There is no way this team can stop Hill, Hunt, Kelce let alone others.

That all said I think KC takes this one 38-17.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It would be beyond wonderful, BEYOND.

But, Bengals have never won on SNF, ever. My dad says, "then that means they're overdue!"

I sure hope so.

Dad is always right!!! Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Dad is always right!!! Wink

the chiefs never have much luck with the pissburg stooges either. Maybe we will just hammer them!  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If the Bengals want to stay relevant this season and 'make up' for the loss to Pitt, they have a perfect opportunity this Sunday.

It could make them sort of relevant this season but the loss to the Stealers is unforgivable. 
Reply/Quote
this is where a healthy Benard could be a difference maker.
just basically run him and Mixon and wear the Chiefs down......but.....
he probally wont play Sunday night.
Walton hasnt been impressive running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: It could make them sort of relevant this season but the loss to the Stealers is unforgivable. 

The Steelers are a very good team.  They won 13 last year and will probably be in that neighborhood this year.  If you can tone your emotions down even just a hair, you might see that losing to them is nowhere near unforgivable.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:38 PM)RASCAL Wrote: the chiefs never have much luck with the pissburg stooges either. Maybe we will just hammer them!  Nervous

I don't know about hammering them, but their D is just as bad or worse than ours. It could turn into a track meet Sunday Night.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:54 PM)McC Wrote: The Steelers are a very good team.  They won 13 last year and will probably be in that neighborhood this year.  If you can tone your emotions down even just a hair, you might see that losing to them is nowhere near unforgivable.

That hit me last night. It sucked big time, but we are still ok record wise. Plus they know, they were in a dogfight yesterday!
Reply/Quote

Remember this,they lost this game,doesn't how,they lost to the stinkin stoolers AGAIN IN FRONT OF THEIR LONG LONG TIME SUFFERING FANS.I quit going down there spending  a couple hundred every time and driving 2 hours home depressed and having my hot babe be pissed off for a week.Now I stay home,pour a fifth of wine down her on game day and she leaves me alone in the living room to cuss and scream at the dame tv.I so hate the stinkin stoolers,and guess who will win the division? Last game of the season and the stoolers are drooling for us to come to their place so they can beat holy shit out of the bungles.The refs will allow ANYTHING to go and the stoolers will be holding on offense all game and it will not be called.dalton will get super injured and will use the whole off season to recover and will never be the same.the stoolers will win the division as they are the biggest thugs in football and get away with it every season.the refs love the rooney family and the stoolers.they hate the bengals and will always do so.I would NEVER spend another penny to go down there and watch their asses lose every year.I see an 8 and 8 team.They are going to lose at ravens,stoolers,saints,chiefs and probably the browns.I know I am leaving someone out.this is not a good enough franchise to win anything.they are a 500 team.Take up deer hunting,riding my Harley,cutting firewood and visiting some ole nam buddies.I quit going down years ago and I was a 25 year season ticket person.I stay home now in my own living room  with my beautiful spouse and she allows me to scream and cuss all I want and the pisser is just a 20 ft walk from my easy chair.you crazy fans need to listen up. ThumbsUp Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Remember this,they lost this game,doesn't how,they lost to the stinkin stoolers AGAIN IN FRONT OF THEIR LONG LONG TIME SUFFERING FANS.I quit going down there spending  a couple hundred every time and driving 2 hours home depressed and having my hot babe be pissed off for a week.Now I stay home,pour a fifth of wine down her on game day and she leaves me alone in the living room to cuss and scream at the dame tv.I so hate the stinkin stoolers,and guess who will win the division? Last game of the season and the stoolers are drooling for us to come to their place so they can beat holy shit out of the bungles.The refs will allow ANYTHING to go and the stoolers will be holding on offense all game and it will not be called.dalton will get super injured and will use the whole off season to recover and will never be the same.the stoolers will win the division as they are the biggest thugs in football and get away with it every season.the refs love the rooney family and the stoolers.they hate the bengals and will always do so.I would NEVER spend another penny to go down there and watch their asses lose every year.I see an 8 and 8 team.They are going to lose at ravens,stoolers,saints,chiefs and probably the browns.I know I am leaving someone out.this is not a good enough franchise to win anything.they are a 500 team.Take up deer hunting,riding my Harley,cutting firewood and visiting some ole nam buddies.I quit going down years ago and I was a 25 year season ticket person.I stay home now in my own living room  with my beautiful spouse and she allows me to scream and cuss all I want and the pisser is just a 20 ft walk from my easy chair.you crazy fans need to listen up. ThumbsUp Wink

You nailed it: Who will win the AFC North? Who might get a wild card berth?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You nailed it:  Who will win the AFC North?  Who might get a wild card berth?

Could this be one of those double AFCN wildcard years? 
Reply/Quote

I sure hope so.

Dad was close, but no cigars.

Beat Pittsburgh 27-3 in 1990 (Before Mr. Green Jeans took ownership)

Beat Dolphins 16-13 in 2004  (Mr. Green Jeans did sneak this one in)
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Dad was close, but no cigars.

1990?  Was it

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Dad was close, but no cigars.

You are correct, my apologies.

I meant, "Sunday Night Football with Collinsworth Commentating," as he's been doing it since 2007 or 2008, I think.
Reply/Quote

I sure hope so.

They've won on Sunday night before. Just never with Marv.

Last time they played on Sunday night was in '15 against the Cardinals and that was a great game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
At some point, this team is going to have to come out on a Sunday or Monday night game, or a playoff game, and beat a good, healthy team in order for them to be taken seriously at all. You can't keep going into these games and losing. Even losing close games isn't enough. You have to win some time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They've won on Sunday night before. Just never with Marv.

Last time they played on Sunday night was in '15 against the Cardinals and that was a great game. 

(Arizona False Starts)

(flag is thrown, which means 10 second run off, game goes to overtime)

"Personal Foul, number 94, defense. Player was yelling calls to try and get the offensive line to false start."

Wha- what? Are you ***** kidding me?

And people cry that the refs don't **** us over...
Reply/Quote

I sure hope so.

Me 2

(10-15-2018, 03:32 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: The ONLY chance they have in my opinion is to feed Joe Mixon with 25-30 carries and go on time consuming drives. Best D here will be a good O.

We must keep their offense off the field. There is no way this team can stop Hill, Hunt, Kelce let alone others.

That all said I think KC takes this one 38-17.

KC's defense is just as bad as ours cept they get off the field on 3rd down a lot better. So yes, absolutely agree we should be 1000% pound the rock ! 3 yards in a cloud of dust !

Our Dline will get zero pressure on Mahomes and he'll carve us up.
Reply/Quote