Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primetime Redemption
(10-15-2018, 03:32 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: The ONLY chance they have in my opinion is to feed Joe Mixon with 25-30 carries and go on time consuming drives. Best D here will be a good O.

We must keep their offense off the field. There is no way this team can stop Hill, Hunt, Kelce let alone others.

That all said I think KC takes this one 38-17.

Bengals will score more than 17.

But KC could score more than 38
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They've won on Sunday night before. Just never with Marv.

Last time they played on Sunday night was in '15 against the Cardinals and that was a great game. 

They've won once with Marvin in 2004 against the Dolphins 16-13.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:05 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: They've won once with Marvin in 2004 against the Dolphins 16-13.

Well i'll be a...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:32 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: The ONLY chance they have in my opinion is to feed Joe Mixon with 25-30 carries and go on time consuming drives. Best D here will be a good O.

We must keep their offense off the field. There is no way this team can stop Hill, Hunt, Kelce let alone others.

That all said I think KC takes this one 38-17.
But..you know what will happen, right ? They'll get stonewalled on a series or two early on and think they've been forced to throw the ball 50 times and/or Mix will get hurt ..
I actually believe Andy has the ability to throw the ball with the best, but our offensive line will spring leaks a few times leading to sacks at exactly the wrong moments and all my optimism goes to crap replaced by me going fishin for the V which stands for Bengals fans acting *Vociferously ..

*I had to look that one up and here's a list of negative words for every letter in the alphabet. Take your pick . http://positivewordsresearch.com/list-of-negative-words/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If the Bengals want to stay relevant this season and 'make up' for the loss to Pitt, they have a perfect opportunity this Sunday.

"But the Bengals on Primetime! Nuuuuu"

Ya, i get it, but you can't argue that this team has the perfect opportunity to atone for themselves. Will they do it? Not sure. BUT, you couldn't write a better script for winning the nay-sayers back than beating KC in Arrowhead.

Bengals best overall effort this season was in Prime Time.  

I think they will be very tough for the Chiefs.  KC's philosophy is simple:  outscore the opponent.  Their defense is in the bottom two of the league (at least before giving up 43 to Brady and Co. they were).  I think Dalton and the boys can put up 35 points.  If our defense can just be a little bit better than theirs, the Bengals can win the game.

Hate that we will be without Dennard, but I think McRae will step up in the slot.  

You all might be surprised how different our pass rush looks when holding is considered a penalty.  
Reply/Quote
Concerning stat of the day....

Marvin Lewis is 13-39 on the road vs winning teams. A 25% win percentage.
Reply/Quote
I hope we just RUN,RUN,RUN and RUN to keep it a LOW, LOW ,LOW scoring game. The chiefs WILL score a lot given the ball. The Bengals need to pull a BILL PARCELS on the CHIEFS, kinda like they did on the unstoppable Bills in the Super Bowl. But we won't do it because, we are not the Bengals if AJ doesnt get 100+ yrds/game. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If the Bengals want to stay relevant this season and 'make up' for the loss to Pitt, they have a perfect opportunity this Sunday.

"But the Bengals on Primetime! Nuuuuu"

Ya, i get it, but you can't argue that this team has the perfect opportunity to atone for themselves. Will they do it? Not sure. BUT, you couldn't write a better script for winning the nay-sayers back than beating KC in Arrowhead.

That sure played out well.....
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote