Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Bowl Bengals - who gets picked?
Mixon, burrow, chase, Hendrickson. Reader, Spain, chido probably deserve some recognition but just aren't big enough names.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This expression purportedly comes from the practice of corrupt jockeys holding their horses back and shooing a preselected winner across the finish line to guarantee that it will win. A “shoo-in” is now an easy winner, with no connotation of dishonesty. “Shoe-in” is a common misspelling.

come at me bro!

I'm well aware of the correct spelling and its origin. I put "shoe" in quotes as a pun. The pun was Burrow should have his shoes in the Pro Bowl.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 04:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Is there an AFC CB better than Awuzie?

Eli Apple

Reply/Quote
Herbert named starter

JB no dice

Reply/Quote
Wow Herbert is the AFC starter
Mahomes
Lamar Jackson made it???
Reply/Quote
Lamar 16 TDs 13 Ints and 700 or so yards rushing. That shows why the Pro Bowl usually gets at least a quarter of the players wrong.
Reply/Quote
I’m ok with Herbert and Mahomes making it in over Joe Burrow. Burrow has a better completion percentage and passer rating than them, but they’re up in yardage TDs and INTs.

Lamar Jackson though? I don’t see the justification in that. I guess it’s the rushing yards. Still surprising.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Chase a starter
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:12 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I’m ok with Herbert and Mahomes making it in over Joe Burrow. Burrow has a better completion percentage and passer rating than them, but they’re up in yardage TDs and INTs.

Lamar Jackson though? I don’t see the justification in that. I guess it’s the rushing yards. Still surprising.

JB and/or Josh Allen are miles above Lamar. Perhaps you get extra votes for every time you get Covid

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: JB and/or Josh Allen are miles above Lamar. Perhaps you get extra votes for every time you get Covid

True (well maybe not the Covid thing) but you are not playing like a great QB when your TD/Ints are almost 50/50

Awuzie did not make it. I didn’t think he would but he is having a really good season
Reply/Quote
Lamar made it this year on name recognition only, really.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hendrickson a reserve

Glad he made it. Chase and Hendrickson so far but they were obvious
Now let’s see if Mixon or someone else gets in.
Reply/Quote
5 alternates were selected

QB Joe Burrow (2nd)
LS Clark Harris (2nd)
DE Sam Hubbard (4th)
DT Larry Ogunjobi (4th)
CB Mike Hilton (5th)

Of course, we are hoping none of them are playing in the game because they are practicing for the game that is played a week later

Reply/Quote
Thought for sure that Hendrickson was gonna see the snub.

He’s in there, deservedly so.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:28 PM)pally Wrote:

What was Spain reacting to?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 10:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: What was Spain reacting to?

not making the Pro Bowl team

Reply/Quote
I see the rosters are already listed and Mixon did make it as a back up

Rashawn Slater made it for the Chargers. He was another guy in the mix for the Bengals with Chase and Sewell.
Reply/Quote
The Pro Bowl is in Las Vegas this year no wonder more players are actively campaigning. A couple of years ago it was in Florida and everyone in the league was like meh and opted out lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Who cares about Pro Bowls, I’ve never understood people referencing pro bowls as a measure of some sort of greatness. I mean sure you have to be at least somewhat good or have had been good to make it, but it’s a massive popularity contest. I’m more interested in all pro team rewards.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a Pro Bowl game in the 18 years I’ve watched football. Only thing I remember watching was Carson Palmer and Shayne Graham doing some kind of competition against other QB’s and K’s. Which was kind of cool. Do they even do that stuff anymore?
Reply/Quote